Sign in to follow this  
Arthas

Why is everyone quitting beamdog forums?

Thank you for your post @subtledoctor

I actually didn’t know that there was rules against commenting on moderation decisions. And reading the site rules of the site again didn’t suggest otherwise. But I guess it is something I have to be aware of, since you and not I have parted ways with the forum.

I stand by the post I made. Closing the discussion we took part of was a good call. We where going no where fast and it ended in insults. I haven’t seen all the posts in the thread but you your self said that you where attacked. Why not stop that? You off course have the right to defend your self if harmed, but it doesn’t mean that the thread should continue.

Closing the thread was and is the only sensible thing to do. I stand by my right to salute the call of the moderating team. Not breaking up an unfruitful and toxic discussion would be sloppy work from the mod team - when you look at site rules.

And I all fairness your real grievances is with the moderating team. That is the only issue here. You felt attacked and wrongly accused. And you took it up with the moderating team, which you did right by doing. And I took it up with the moderating team on you behalf - retelling your side of the story and asking for indulgence and leniency. 

So feel free to quote me any way you like. Cherry pick whatever you find useful. But note they I do try to follow the rules on the Beamdog forums, I do care and I do respect fellow forumites even when I salute the moderation of toxic and useless discussion where people (like your self) say they got attacked. What and whom part took in said attacking is the issue you need to address - not closing the discussion.

Edited by StummvonBordwehr

37 minutes ago, StummvonBordwehr said:

I all fairness your real grievances is with the moderating team.

100% true.  I have no problem with you or your post.  I only used it as an example to make a point.

38 minutes ago, StummvonBordwehr said:

I stand by the post I made. Closing the discussion we took part of was a good call.  I stand by my right to salute the call of the moderating team.

That's fine but I am not able to post something to the effect of "I disagree, I think it was the wrong call."  Read that sentence: is it disrespectful?  Does it attack anyone?  Is it "mean?"  Of course not.  And yet I cannot post it on the Beamdog forums.  What kind of discussion can take place with that kind of imbalance?  No good discussion, as far as I'm concerned.  People need to be able to disagree, and even criticize if done civilly and reasonably.  If that can't happen, then there's no sense having a discussion.  Which means there is no sense in me being on those forums.

Thank you for the clarification. I am a goody two-shoes, and I seldom run into trouble at the site.

But I am actually quite glad that the moderators stopped that particular discussion. The discussion where going nowhere (same questions, and same answers - on and on). The tone and content got toxic and accusations of personal attacks where made - I didn’t even had the chance to read the posts properly so I could form my opinion before the removal.

At first I was like wtf? We need this. But after I while I realised that my posts where not bringing any new to the subject, and most others didn’t either... sorry to say. We where saying the same things over and over. 

And when accusations where made of personal attacks on posters, the moderating team did the only right thing. That’s what I said and that’s what I still mean. Who said what, why and how is a whole other issue.

I did petition on behalf of you and Jastey. You have contributed a lot, and I respect that. I am sorry to see you go away and plenty others are as well.

3 hours ago, ckoe said:

According to repeated comments from the BeamDog spokesperson BeamDog is moving beyond D&D

Good luck with that. 

but before they move beyond D&D, there is at least one thing they absolutely should do. FIX THE BROKEN PATHFINDING! This "minor detail" is actually a stain on their reputation as a game developer in a purely professional sense. In my opinion there is really no problem with lack of modding support on some smartphones or orther shit (if I understand correctly, probably not) but in the main game which somewhat created/consolidated Beamdog as a company, when you play and you want to "gather your party before HA! moving beyond" but you can't because your party is completely stuck in one place and you are forced to use ctrl+j cheat to fix this utter idiocy.... facepalm. "Enhanced edition" for fucks sake. Fixpack implemented, oh, the irony...

The ridiculous problem (which is in my opinion the real problem, problem with the game) is not good ol party members turn around and go back in narrow spaces during out of combat movement, problem is party members randomly stuck everywhere even in battles! which was non existent in the original game! Major bug introduced by enhanced edition... in the patch.... facepalm 2

So, you tell me that the plan is to just leave it and move beyond? I don't even. 

That is some poor behavior by the mods of the Beamdog forums. Thank you for making me aware of this. I will no longer be using that forum (not like I was using it anyway).

I'm confused and too lazy to go back and find out what's going on. Would someone mind giving me the short version? :) 

37 minutes ago, theacefes said:

I'm confused and too lazy to go back and find out what's going on. Would someone mind giving me the short version? :) 

A few people got angry because the beamdog forums aren't as well moderated as G3 and so their accounts got banned... for whatever reason. The reasons being debatable.

1 hour ago, theacefes said:

We have BWL Drama v2. As a matter of fact, I had told Beamdog mod team as much at least once, that they've been following the exactly identical pattern as Baronius did.

On a slightly unrelated note, I graciously accept Almateria's failure to comply with my request to explain his earlier statements about my person as admission of trolling. Would be such an embarrassment if he were to commit libel instead, a criminal offense in his country😏

Edited by Ardanis

4 hours ago, Ardanis said:

a criminal offense in his country

Please don't do ... country-ism? like putting all people living in one place into one box as it usually discriminates against a lot of them (unless you know more than I do and are referring to an actual law).

6 hours ago, theacefes said:

Well they removed almost every post from the "incident" (they even nuke a full topic that had a lot of posts made way before that just happens to get a few new answers when they told us to post there as the discussion was off topic on the original topic).

One issue starts after Julius said that updates on one platform can't be done. Some people point out that it was Beamdog choices to not do it and not something that it technically impossible. Of course it's ok if they choose not to do one platform update, the point was only to highlight that the phrasing was incorrect and misleading and that as a community manager, it's important to pay attention to details like this. He and a few moderators didn't like the fact that we try to argue with them.

The thing is that a few months before, a similar situation happens when some users complains and said that the bugs (especially the pathfinding one) make the game unplayable. A few people (including moderators) jump on them to say that it was false, that the game is not literally unplayable and that they should use correct phrasing. But of course this time no action were done against the people that breaks the sacred rules because it was done to defend Beamdog.

7 hours ago, Ardanis said:

We have BWL Drama v2. As a matter of fact, I had told Beamdog mod team as much at least once, that they've been following the exactly identical pattern as Baronius did.

What's BWL Drama? 😃

@AL|EN BWL = Blackwyrm Lair Forums (EDIT: sorry, after posting I realized that was most probably not your question.)

BWL drama: I would like to link you to it but the posts are deleted (at BWL forums).

5 hours ago, jastey said:

Please don't do ... country-ism?

Country-ism? A tongue-in cheek sentence with an emoji at the end can be construed as "discrimination"? Is this for real? Is the culture *this* bad that cannot even sustain the mildest of parodies?

And I am out. Exeunt.

Please tell me your post is meant as subtle and hilarious sarcasm with respect to the thread topic.

Just to make sure: I always do "please don't do..." posts in discussions at G3 because I'm a moderator, so I feel responsible things stay moderate(d).

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this