Unearthed Arcana presents Faiths & Powers: Gods of the Realms

Small update to v0.79.13 to improve the way spontaneous casting works: multishamans will no longer have to “initialize shaman-style casting” (unless you pre-generate the character and import it into the game later).

Also, I have confirmed that mixing spontaneous priest casting in a multiclass cleric/sorcerer does indeed work. It is subject to the annoying thing where arcane and divine spells will jump back and forth under the ‘cast spell’ button, which I personally don’t like. But if you want all-spontaneous casting for a cleric/mage or druid/mage, you can do that.

Also a bunch of kit descriptions are filled in, thanks for the help @Caedwyr!

@subtledoctor
In our next family game of heavily-modded EET, we intend to run an Elf Sor/Druid.  Her player is considering going spontaneous Druid & Sor casting for this.  (She has a fondness for Druids specifically, and wants other Druid-specific things obtained via other mods.)  What's involved in switching casting to spont/spont, what happens if we switch between prepared and spontaneous Druid mid-game, and what warnings do you have for us regarding this?

Also, are multiclassed Druid/Sorcerers able to use Druid-only and Sor-only items?

Thankee!

Edited by Endarire
1 hour ago, Endarire said:

What's involved in switching casting to spont/spont,

1) If you have an innate ability that looks like a reddish book, saying "initialize sorcerer-style casting" or something like that, use it. (You might not have it though, in which case you can skip this step.)  Your arcane spells will be wiped out and you will gain an item ability that allows you to learn them like a sorcerer.  Don't use that yet, however.

2) You will have an innate ability looking like a blueish book, saying "choose a divine casting style" or something like that. Activate it, and choose spontaneous casting.  Now you will have two item abilities, one that looks like a reddish book which will let you learn arcane spells, and one that looks like a blueish book that will let you learn divine spells.

Do not choose divine spontaneous casting before you have initialized your sorcerer casting.  (With the latest TnB you shouldn't even have to initialize it - it should be done immediately upon starting the game, unless you are using an imported character.)

1 hour ago, Endarire said:

Also, are multiclassed Druid/Sorcerers able to use Druid-only and Sor-only items?

I think so.  Item restrictions are complicated, and this is a combination of two classes which are each mimicking a different class.  I'm pretty sure I covered it, but I cannot test all permutations of combine pseudoclasses.  But, it should work.

Come to think of it, are there sorcerer-only items...?  I don't think I touched that because I'm not aware of any cases in which the game distinguishes sorcerers from mages, as far as item usability.  So, the druid/sorcerer should be able to use druid-usable items and mage-usable items.

Guest phlaphee

Question about Might and Guile and Faiths and Powers: 

I've read somewhere that FnP should be installed before MnG. Bu won't that mean that the vanilla ranger kits altered by MnG will not get the sphere system from FnP?

I from what I noticed, at least the kit's descriptions don't get the sphere system entries.

1 hour ago, sturmvogel said:

Weird bug that I'm having in my EET game with 0.80.3. When I right click on the unidentified belt where Garion got slaughtered, my game crashes. I can move it between characters no problem. Should I go back to an older version? Weidu log attached

I don't know what that belt is or why FnP would have anything to do with it.  But in any event, the 0.80 series are not ready for release yet - that's why there are no "releases" in that series.  AFAIK the most recent stable release is in the 0.79 series, over here.  I don't know if it will fix that belt bug, but you should definitely be using 0.79.x.  (As of this writing, 0.79.13.)

I thought as much. I'm as puzzled as you are because I'd figured on one of the many item-altering mods in my installation being the culprit. Imagine my astonishment when rolling them back one by one showed that the bug didn't show up when I finally got to F&P.

Thanks for putting so much effort into your mods. They've added a lot of spice to a game system that I've been playing for a very, very long time.

15 hours ago, southfla79 said:

Is disabling the FMC from character creation intended behavior when installing f&p multiclass?

I think so?  We haven't looked at that in a while.  I think the mod includes no FMC kits, and a kitless FMC would not be in the sphere system and therefore would get no spells, and therefore an FMC is not something you would want to play.  So we disabled it in the menus.  You can probably re-enable it with a simple edit to CLSRCREQ.2da, if you really want it.  But, you still won't get any spells.  That would take substantially more tinkering.

I installed the mod finally but I had a couple of warnings.

[./override/SPPR225.spl] loaded, 3226 bytes

WARNING: no effects altered on SPPR225.spl
Copied [SPPR225.spl] to [override/SPPR225.spl]

and

[./override/SPIN124.spl] loaded, 1450 bytes

WARNING: no effects altered on SPIN124.spl

I attached the debug file.  I also ran the change-log command on SPPR225.spl and got

[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 24600

Mods affecting SPPR225.SPL:
00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~FAITHS_AND_POWERS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2~ 0 21 // Create a sphere systemFnP: the Faiths & Powers original sphere system0.79.13

And running it on SPIN124.spl got

[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 24600

Mods affecting SPIN124.SPL:
00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~REFINEMENTS/SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ 0 30 // Shapeshifting fixHeal on shifting back to human (Default)beta 4.26
00001:  ~TOMEANDBLOOD/TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2~ 0 14 // Revised Invisibility and True Seeing0.8.52
00002:  ~FAITHS_AND_POWERS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2~ 0 21 // Create a sphere systemFnP: the Faiths & Powers original sphere system0.79.13

SETUP-FAITHS_AND_POWERS.zip

Edited by Caedwyr

A couple more warnings on my install of the Faiths & Powers Multiclass Kit Mod.  I only installed the druid and shaman component so far.

[./override/d5shmbzb.spl] loaded, 202 bytes

WARNING: no effects altered on d5shmbzb.spl

[./override/d5shrnzb.spl] loaded, 202 bytes

WARNING: no effects altered on d5shrnzb.spl
Copied [d5shrnzb.spl] to [override/d5shrnzb.spl]

[./override/d5shthzb.spl] loaded, 202 bytes

WARNING: no effects altered on d5shthzb.spl
Copied [d5shthzb.spl] to [override/d5shthzb.spl]

[./override/d5shmazb.spl] loaded, 202 bytes

WARNING: no effects altered on d5shmazb.spl
Copied [d5shmazb.spl] to [override/d5shmazb.spl]

SETUP-FAITHS_AND_POWERS_MULTICLASS.DEBUG attached.

SETUP-FAITHS_AND_POWERS_MULTICLASS.zip

Edited by Caedwyr

“No Effects Altered” is almost certainly not a problem. Unless you see actual in-game bugs, you can assume it’s fine. 

13 hours ago, Caedwyr said:

Mods affecting SPIN124.SPL:
00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~REFINEMENTS/SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ 0 30 // Shapeshifting fixHeal on shifting back to human

Be aware, this will probably not work with FnP Druid shapeshifting. FnP makes shapeshifting at-will and unlimited, so healing every time is conceptually incompatible. And anyway they use a different method as a technical matter, so I think SPIN124.spl and SPINHUM.spl are unused. 

I think there was a question about FnP_Multiclass? But maybe it was edited. Anyway, any kit mod you try to install after FnP_Multiclass might (might) fail to install. So to stay on the safe side, install FnP, then any/all other late-to-install kit mods, then FnP_Multi. Depending on your total number of kit mods, FnP multi MUST be the last one installed.

On 6/14/2020 at 1:27 AM, Guest phlaphee said:

I've read somewhere that FnP should be installed before MnG.

Correct.

Bu won't that mean that the vanilla ranger kits altered by MnG will not get the sphere system from FnP?

No - it’s all accounted for. FnP first, then MnG, then FnP_Multi.

Edited by subtledoctor

Thanks for the update.  I did remove the comment about the multiclass component because I did the Galaxy Brain move and actually double checked the readme which explains all of this fairly well.

The shapeshifter note is helpful.  I'll have to remove that part from my Refinements install.

I'm going to have to discard this install because Lava's new Tangled Isle has a quest-breaking bug in it that an update fixes and unfortunately Weidu's reinstall function does not work as soon as it hits a mod with a ReadLN.  I'm going to keep going a bit further though to see if I run across any other issues that I can hopefully start troubleshooting sooner rather than later. 

I'm also suspicious that one of the mods has turned on some of the debugging feedback, which is why I'm getting a lot of "file was not altered" warnings.  My guess is it might be @Angel's Made in Heaven Item pack, but I don't know for sure and it doesn't really matter a lot since these seem to be harmless error messages.