Unearthed Arcana presents Faiths & Powers: Gods of the Realms

On 12/24/2019 at 5:34 AM, Hypaspist said:

Updated Beast Lord proposal:

1. Beast Lord

Abilities:

- Focus access to the sphere of: Animal.

- Major access to the spheres of: All, Exploration, Thought, Vigor, Affliction.

- Minor access to the spheres of: Life, Death, Dread, Water and Shadow.

- May summon his pack to aid him in battle:

• 1st level - 1 wolf,
  • 3rd level - 2 wolves,
  • 6th level - 2 worgs,
  • 8th level - 2-3 dire wolves,
  • 12th level - 1 wolfwere,
  • 18th level - 2 wolfweres.

- At 6th level the Beast Lord may shapeshift into a hybrid Werewolf twice per day. The Beast Lord gains an additional use every two levels, to a maximum of eight uses per day at level 20. The concentrated effort required to maintain the form makes the Beast Lord unable to cast any spells while under its effect.

- The Werewolf form increases in power to that of a Greater Werewolf at 12th level and a Werewolf Lord at 18th.

– Can cast Rabies special ability once per day at 9th level. Beast Lord gains additional uses at levels 14 and 18.

RABIES: With his touch, the Beast Lord spreads the effects of his lycantrophic condition to a single, living creature. Every two rounds the disease causes a permanent -2 penalty to all stats (up to 6 to all stats) and causes slow. If the target fails a saving throw against Poison at -2, it loses an ability to cast spells and will immediately attack the closest target, friend and foe alike.

Restrictions:

- The Beast Lord cannot contain his bestial nature completely and is prone to losing control while shapeshifted into a werewolf. At 6th level there is a 25% chance he will lose himself to bloodlust and become uncontrollable, this improves to a 10% chance at 12th level and finally 5% at 18th.

- May not wear any armour.

My apologies. I was confusing this for the actual abilities. If it's true that they don't receive these abilities, then what do the "focus access to the sphere of: Animals" entails?

Also, all of the kits don't seem to be present within the character creation. From what I've read, you use to do it via dialogue settings, but I have yet to see one. A good portion of the kits are present within the character creation, but not all of them. I'll take a screenshot later.

Erhm, the readme does say that the Beast Master get's access to the summon animals spells, but that requires the component 37(and the 33), rather than any of the others..

And you quoted a proposal from a forum member, rather than actual commitment by the mod maker.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola
43 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Erhm, the readme does say that the Beast Master get's access to the summon animals spells, but that requires the component 37(and the 33), rather than any of the others..

No. It says it gets a "focus access" which I assumed to be selective spells within the animal sphere. Even when I loaded up the game as a Beast Lord, I didn't get a single Animal Summon spell when I only had this mod installed and only got the first and last one when I had Spell Revision installed. In neither of the two scenarios did I get the full spectrum hence my question.

48 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

And you quoted a proposal from a forum member, rather than actual commitment by the mod maker.

I'm aware of this. Hence why I apologized.

1 hour ago, Guest Budgie said:

Also, all of the kits don't seem to be present within the character creation. From what I've read, you use to do it via dialogue settings, but I have yet to see one. A good portion of the kits are present within the character creation, but not all of them. I'll take a screenshot later.

Also, this.

16 minutes ago, Guest Budgie said:

NeoK64H.png

Guest Thacobell

Yes, focus access means that spells of that sphere are castable one level lower than normal. And the kits through dialogue is no longer a thing. They should all appear at chargen.

Guest Thacobell

Oh, Budgie, you can click and drag that screen. There's more kits than fits on that screen. And while the SoD ui lacks the scrolls bar, you can click and drag it to scroll.

You guys were very helpful, thank you. However this still doesn't really help with the issue that Beast Lords don't seem to have access to the Animal summings save for the first and last (only when SR is installed, otherwise, they don't have access to it at all). Am I the only one with this problem or is this a bug from the latest download? This isn't really a huge issue since I could just use the EEKeeper, I'm just asking out of curiosity to see whether I did something wrong.

Hey all, just want to pop in an apologize, I haven't been able to be around here much.  I don't have any answers, lacking the time and game install to test anything at the moment.  But generally:

• The kit selection screens can be scrolled, as noted
  • The Beast Lord kit is just not in good shape right now.  Sorry.  I think we have a cleric kit for Malar?  (Did we ever get around to adding that?)  Might try that one.  Also the cleric of Baervan has lots of animal summoning.  The cleric of Selune should too, I think, if you install it from Divine Remix before FnP.
59 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

Hey all, just want to pop in an apologize, I haven't been able to be around here much.  I don't have any answers, lacking the time and game install to test anything at the moment.  But generally:

• The kit selection screens can be scrolled, as noted
  • The Beast Lord kit is just not in good shape right now.  Sorry.  I think we have a cleric kit for Malar?  (Did we ever get around to adding that?)  Might try that one.  Also the cleric of Baervan has lots of animal summoning.  The cleric of Selune should too, I think, if you install it from Divine Remix before FnP.

I appreciate you; thank you for the response. I'll just use the EEKeeper in the meantime so it's ok. Just wanted to report it in case it gets overseen.