Unearthed Arcana presents Faiths & Powers: Gods of the Realms

2 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

I haven’t heard that one before. Can you give more info? What game are you playing? Which patch version? What other mods? Does it only happen in a priest’s inventory screen, or for anyone?

I started a new game in Throne Of Bhaal (just to test out the mod) in the GOG version of BG2:EE, I used version 0.79.24 of this mod, and like I said it was a clean install with no other mods. And it wasn't just in the inventory of a character using a class from this mod. Although the only other character I tried it on was a fighter/cleric so maybe it had some effect?

The weirdest thing is that I downloaded the last stable release of the mod and it seems to be working fine. I don't have the same freeze at least. 

Edot: oh, the game version is 2.6.5.0

Edited by Gespenst
Guest Gespenst
3 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

uh-oh

There was a patch about a week ago. They updated all the IE EE games to improve the pathing among other things. I think this is the most up to date version. Did I do something wrong?

3 hours ago, Guest Gespenst said:

Did I do something wrong?

Not wrong per se, but the patch (every patch) comes with changes which can lead to incompatibilities with exiting mods until they are updated.

I'm reluctant to say this but if you want a more-or-less bugfree experience of mods you'd need to revert to 2.5 until the mods are updated. Alternatively, install and play the 2.6 with your most favorite mods and give feedback and bug reports to speed up the mod updating process. :)

3 hours ago, jastey said:

Not wrong per se, but the patch (every patch) comes with changes which can lead to incompatibilities with exiting mods until they are updated.

I'm reluctant to say this but if you want a more-or-less bugfree experience of mods you'd need to revert to 2.5 until the mods are updated. Alternatively, install and play the 2.6 with your most favorite mods and give feedback and bug reports to speed up the mod updating process. :)

Yeah, this

9 hours ago, Gespenst said:

Did I do something wrong?

Nope. But quickly jumping to the new patch carries risks. Like, what change was made that would cause clicking in the inventory screen to freeze the game, with a mod installed that formerly worked fine. I glanced at Beamdog’s patch notes and I don’t see anything about it. I suppose it might have something to do with opcode 181, but I have no idea what, and I don’t know how to investigate it. Beamdog apparently made some unexplained changes that break some things, and it’s frustrating because I don’t know what to do about it. 

14 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Nope. But quickly jumping to the new patch carries risks. Like, what change was made that would cause clicking in the inventory screen to freeze the game, with a mod installed that formerly worked fine. I glanced at Beamdog’s patch notes and I don’t see anything about it. I suppose it might have something to do with opcode 181, but I have no idea what, and I don’t know how to investigate it. Beamdog apparently made some unexplained changes that break some things, and it’s frustrating because I don’t know what to do about it. 

I didn't even realise a new version had come out at first, I didn't expect a new one now. I've rolled it back now.

Edited by Gespenst

Sorry to keep asking stupid questions but I'm having a hard time figuring out what the memorize spells button is meant to do? 

What does it mean about choosing a deity to follow? Does it mean at character creation? I'm playing a Darksong Knight (Paladin) so I don't think I have spells until a much higher level but I'm not sure... clicking the button doesn't seem to do anything but since I don't know what it's meant to do I'm not sure. 

Screenshot:

Spoiler

o1nKd5C.jpg

24 minutes ago, Gespenst said:

Sorry to keep asking stupid questions but I'm having a hard time figuring out what the memorize spells button is meant to do? 

Not stupid! That is just there for starting the game. In an unmodded game you start with a bunch of spells memorized; but with this mod you might find yourself in Irenicus’ dungeon with no magic. This way, you can select a bunch of spells to memorize, the click that ability, and they will be available.

It’s a one-time-only thing... if you want to game the system and save it for the end of Firktaag’s dungeon or something... I won’t tell anyone. ;)

3 hours ago, Grammarsalad said:

@subtledoctor

I bet the problem with the crashed inventory has to do with the identify spell that @Bubb gave us. 

As a reminder: https://github.com/Bubb13/IE-Snippets

I actually don’t think so, because you don’t trigger that spell from the inventory. My suspicion is that it has something to do with the item description - how the engine auto-generates kit/class exclusion info. Maybe that interacts with opcode 181 in some way that the 2.5 engine did not. Maybe? 

3 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

I actually don’t think so, because you don’t trigger that spell from the inventory. My suspicion is that it has something to do with the item description - how the engine auto-generates kit/class exclusion info. Maybe that interacts with opcode 181 in some way that the 2.5 engine did not. Maybe? 

No, but it accesses items in the inventory. And it does stuff in the menu. But yeah, maybe it's something else...