Unearthed Arcana presents Faiths & Powers: Gods of the Realms

I'm already re-writing all of this stuff now. It's not going as smoothly as I hoped - I wanted to fold TnB multi-sorcerers, TnB mana sorcerers, FnP spontaneous casting, FnP multi-shamans, and the 5E casting conversion into a single book of functions... that didn't quite happen. Nevertheless, a lot of the code is being rewritten and updated, and bugs are being squashed along the way. That stray 101->147 effect on the Shammage is one such bug I already found.

I'm testing all this now, it might take a bit before it's ready to release. If you notice any other problems, mention them! And I can fold fixes into the update.

Okay I've updated the mod, with newer/better spontaneous-casting code, and even given it its own component. It will ask you whether you want to give divine casters the option to learn and cast spells like a sorcerer. The general spontaneous option should be working better and be better integrated with components from Tome & Blood and the 5E conversion mod; and the multiclass Shaman code is tightened up and some bugs squashed there.

NOTE:

1. The spontaneous casting option only works with the sphere system, so you won't see the component if you don't install a sphere system.
  2. This is an either/or proposition with the 5E casting conversion mod. FnP should be installed first, and if you choose to install the spontaneous casting option here, then divine casters will not be converted to the 5E mechanism if/when you install the 5E mod later. So plan ahead which kind of spellcasting changes (if any!) you prefer.

Once again, this made major changes to the "semi_spontaneous" library of functions (now up to 0.7 internally) which is shared by several mods. If you use these features of the update, then you should update all of the following mods that you may be using:

Cheers.

My apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere 😅 I am returning to installing mods after several years of being to busy and I was wondering if any of you know whether the old mod Monastic Orders of Faerun is still working on EE? I am planning on doing an installation that has Rogue rebalancing, Tome & Blood, Faiths & Powers, Scales of balance and 5E Casting conversions. Would Monastic Orders still be compatible with that setup or is it better to leave it out?
I also wanted to thank you for still working on these games! The base games as well as the mods have been an amazing part of my childhood and teenage years ❤️

On 8/20/2021 at 8:27 AM, Endarire said:

I'm looking forward to Monk/Sor if you include it.

I second this :D. Unfortunately MOoF does not seem to function as the unarmed attack seems to stay at the level of a non monk character for me, not overcoming resistances and doing low nonlethal damage. Some of the kits with only a few thieving abilities also get into the problem at high levels that you have too many thieving points to spend which stops you from leveling up. I run into these issues with both a clean installation without other mods as well as my installation containing a lot of different mods :(

2 hours ago, Endarire said:

I was curious how SubtleDoctor handled the Druid/Monk multiclass.

FnP makes a cleric kit called "Druid" since clerics have more hardcoded multiclass combinations than druids do. MOoF makes a thief kit called "Monk" since it moves all monks into the thief class. FnP_Multiclass has code that can merge the single-class cleric kit and single-class thief kit into a multiclass cleric/thief kit. So it is fairly easy to make a druid/monk once you are using FnP as a foundation.

Tome & Blood has a mage kit called "Sorcerer" since mages have more multiclass combinations than sorcerers... but TnB does not have any kind of code set up to combine that with other kits. It would have to be written from scratch. That's why a sorcerer/monk isn't going to happen (from me).