Unearthed Arcana presents Faiths & Powers: Gods of the Realms

@subtledoctor The cleric, druid, paladin and ranger kit components can't be installed via project infinity if sphere system is installed. 

This is error message:

ERROR Installing [Install Cleric kits], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall  53 files for [FAITHS_AND_POWERS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2] component 31.
Uninstalled     53 files for [FAITHS_AND_POWERS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2] component 31.
ERROR: Failure("Unknown macro: define_sphere_names")

Looks like when it is trying to install kits it is not always including system_spheres when needed. It looks like if it is installed via weidu after the sphere system without closing the window it works as system_spheres is already included but if weidu is closed after sphere selection installed then try and install one of the kit components it fails.

5 hours ago, Enigmajazz said:

ERROR: Failure("Unknown macro: define_sphere_names")

Looks like when it is trying to install kits it is not always including system_spheres when needed.

Weird, I literally tested that before updating the mod. I'll take a look.

EDIT - fixed in v0.83.6.

This also adds a Wild Boar shapeshift for druids.

Edited by subtledoctor

Anyone who has text indicating they follow this or that god, becomes a cleric of this or that god.

• Branwen -> Tempus
  • Yeslick -> Clangeddin
  • Tiax -> Cyric
  • Quayle -> Baravar
  • Viconia -> Shar
  • Aerie -> Baervan
  • Anomen -> Helm
  • Tenya -> Umberlee
  • Finch -> Deneir
  • Gavin -> Lathander
  • Keldorn -> Helm
  • Ajantis -> Helm
  • Dave -> Talos
  • Dusky -> Mask
  • Korin -> Mielikki
  • Turald -> Marthammor Duin

I think that's it.  (Other mod NPCs like Drake and Helga come with their own kits, if I'm not mistaken. They keep their own kit, and the kit from that mod gets access to the sphere system.)

Edited by subtledoctor

One question about compatibility with Dark side of the Sword coast if I may. I guess ( but not definitely decided ) that I will go with Vplus sphere system. DSotSC adds certain number of divine spells which are not covered by FnP as far as I know. So what will happen with those spells, will Viconia for example have access to all of them, none or they will be covered by sphere availability for  Dark Cloaks of Shar?  

P.S. Oh, unfortunate choice, Vplus is more or less  same as the old one, but nevertheless question remains for two other sphere systems?

Edited by Greenhorn
2 hours ago, Greenhorn said:

One question about compatibility with Dark side of the Sword coast if I may. I guess ( but not definitely decided ) that I will go with Vplus sphere system. DSotSC adds certain number of divine spells which are not covered by FnP as far as I know. So what will happen with those spells, will Viconia for example have access to all of them, none or they will be covered by sphere availability for  Dark Cloaks of Shar?  

P.S. Oh, unfortunate choice, Vplus is more or less  same as the old one, but nevertheless question remains for two other sphere systems?

The Vanilla and Vanilla Plus systems will incorporate any divine spells added by other mods. The 2E, FnP, and NuFnP systems will not.

If you know what those spells' filenames are (if they are just copied in) or what their IDS names are (if they are added to SPELL.IDS), then you can manually add them to the 2E, FnP, or NuFnP systems. Look in faiths_and_powers/data/sphere_systems/. The .tpa file for each one (e.g. "sphere_list_fnp.tpa") is meant to be human-readable and human-editable. If that mod adds, for instance, CLERIC_DARKNESS to the game, you can go into that file and add

CLERIC_DARKNESS    0  =  Shadow

or

CLERIC_DARKNESS    0  =  Universal

anywhere in among the other entries. (It doesn't need to be with the other spells in the same sphere, I just lumped them all together for readability's sake. Note, I think capitalization might matter here. The '0' just means the spell will stay at whatever level it already is... although you can also force it to be a certain spell level by changing that to a number between 1 and 7.)

Thanks for all your hard work on these. I added most of your mods to a new playthrough but I'm having a couple issues.

At first I thought I had a mod compatibility issue, but then I installed just Tome and Blood, Faith and Powers, Might and Guile and Scales of Balance and I still have a few problems.

Multiclass shaman doing their dance have their summons immediately unsummoned. I tried a cleric(shaman)/mage version. Then I tried just a regular shaman. The regular one worked fine.

When installing 95: Multiclass Cleric Kits, there is no base for cleric/mage. It forces me to select one of the kits. This wouldn't be a big deal, but if I choose not to install the cleric pack, the only options are Abjurish of Mystra and Monitor of Azuth. Which brings me to a final thing I ran into. Neither of those kits get cleric HLA options. I am not sure if that is intentional or not.

TomeAndBlood:20;Tome and Blood - Revised Dragon Disciples
TomeAndBlood:48;Tome and Blood - Armored Casting for Bards
TomeAndBlood:51;Tome and Blood - Innate metamagic, learned automatically by everyone
TomeAndBlood:67;Tome and Blood - Choose-Your-Own Familiar
TomeAndBlood:68;Tome and Blood - Pooky's Mod: Imbue Familiars
TomeAndBlood:69;Tome and Blood - Indelible Familiars
TomeAndBlood:71;Tome and Blood - Change spells every level
TomeAndBlood:80;Tome and Blood - Multiclass Sorcerers
Faiths_and_Powers:31;Faiths and Powers - Install Cleric kits
Faiths_and_Powers:33;Faiths and Powers - Install Druid kits
Faiths_and_Powers:37;Faiths and Powers - Install Ranger kits
Faiths_and_Powers:75;Faiths and Powers - Alter priests' weapon usability and proficiency
Faiths_and_Powers:85;Faiths and Powers - Apply FnP kits to NPCs
might_and_guile:200;Might & Guile - Feat System
might_and_guile:205;Might & Guile - Revised Archery
might_and_guile:210;Might & Guile - Bard Overhaul: Multiclass Bards
might_and_guile:220;Might & Guile - Revised Multiclassing and Multiclass Kits
might_and_guile:230;Might & Guile - Revised Stalker
might_and_guile:235;Might & Guile - Revised Beastmaster
might_and_guile:240;Might & Guile - Improved Rangers
might_and_guile:250;Might & Guile - Revised Berserker and Rage
might_and_guile:265;Might & Guile - Revised Monk Fists
might_and_guile:310;Might & Guile - Add the Corsair (fighter kit)
might_and_guile:320;Might & Guile - Add the Marksman (fighter kit)
might_and_guile:322;Might & Guile - Add the Elven Archer (ranger kit)
might_and_guile:324;Might & Guile - Add the Halfling Slinger (fighter/thief kit)
might_and_guile:350;Might & Guile - Add the Mage Hunter (ranger kit)
might_and_guile:360;Might & Guile - Add the Barbarian Ranger (ranger kit)
might_and_guile:410;Might & Guile - Add the Sniper (thief kit)
might_and_guile:420;Might & Guile - Add the Scout (thief kit) and revise the Swashbuckler
might_and_guile:450;Might & Guile - Add the Jongleur (bard kit)
might_and_guile:460;Might & Guile - Add the Loremaster (bard kit)
might_and_guile:470;Might & Guile - Add the Gallant (bard kit)
might_and_guile:480;Might & Guile - Add the Meistersinger (bard kit)
might_and_guile:490;Might & Guile - Add the Loresinger (bard kit)
fnp_multiclass:91;Faiths and Powers Multiclass - Multiclass Druids
fnp_multiclass:92;Faiths and Powers Multiclass - Multiclass Shamans
fnp_multiclass:95;Faiths and Powers Multiclass - Multiclass Cleric kits (install AFTER all other kit mods!!)
fnp_multiclass:99;Faiths and Powers Multiclass - Apply FnP multiclass kits to NPCs
scales_of_balance:100;Scales of Balance - IWO - Yet Another Revised Armor System
scales_of_balance:102;Scales of Balance - IWO - Functional Weapon Tweaks
scales_of_balance:109;Scales of Balance - IWO - All Potions Usable by Any Class
scales_of_balance:122;Scales of Balance - WPO - Systemic Proficiency Changes
scales_of_balance:121;Scales of Balance - WPO - Weapon Category Collapse
scales_of_balance:124;Scales of Balance - WPO - Fighting Style Changes
scales_of_balance:125;Scales of Balance - WPO - APR on Spec
scales_of_balance:160;Scales of Balance - STO - Saving Throw Overhaul
scales_of_balance:172;Scales of Balance - For Expanded Spell List
scales_of_balance:200;Scales of Balance - SBO - Stat Bonus Overhaul
scales_of_balance:201;Scales of Balance - SBO - Stat-based Bonus Spell Slots
scales_of_balance:206;Scales of Balance - Generous (above-average) hit points

Edited by Nori
52 minutes ago, Nori said:

Multiclass shaman doing their dance have their summons immediately unsummoned. I tried a cleric(shaman)/mage version. Then I tried just a regular shaman. The regular one worked fine.

I've heard this before - seen it myself when testing - but could never figure out a cause. In my testing, even the regular shaman's spirits were immediately unsummoned. I mean, the multiclass version just uses a button to invoke the same spell. So I don't know how or why they would act differently. My takeaway was that shaman spirit summoning was just unreliable in the 2.6 engine.

Do you have a savegame with a multiclass shaman who cannot summon spirits and a normal shaman who can?

When installing 95: Multiclass Cleric Kits, there is no base for cleric/mage. It forces me to select one of the kits.

Yes. It's the Forgotten Realms, you get your spells from a particular deity, not from having a generally religious attitude.

I think the multiclass cleric generation only works on kits with CLAB tables that have 7 letters or fewer.  Most of the vanilla kits have 8-letter tables, like CLABPR02.2da. These cannot be cloned. The vanilla cleric of Tyr has a shorter table, though, so you should see a fighter/cleric option for that one. If you want more multiclass options, then you should install some kits.

EDIT - actually, is sounds like you didn't install any sphere system? In that case I suppose there's no reason to exclude the unkitted multiclass. I'll look into changing that. In the meantime, if you edit K_CM_H.2da (and/or the ones for other races and/or other multiclass combinations) I think you can just add a line that says

1    0

...near the top, right under the word "KIT." This will add the trueclass multi cleric to the menu.

Abjurish of Mystra and Monitor of Azuth. Which brings me to a final thing I ran into. Neither of those kits get cleric HLA options

They should have HLAs if you use a sphere system, but if you don't then they indeed are marked wrong. If you edit LUABBR.2da and find those kits, change their entries in the right-hand column to "CM0" and then they should get access to the cleric/mage HLAs.

Edited by subtledoctor
4 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

I've heard this before - seen it myself when testing - but could never figure out a cause. In my testing, even the regular shaman's spirits were immediately unsummoned. I mean, the multiclass version just uses a button to invoke the same spell. So I don't know how or why they would act differently. My takeaway was that shaman spirit summoning was just unreliable in the 2.6 engine.

Do you have a savegame with a multiclass shaman who cannot summon spirits and a normal shaman who can?

Yes. It's the Forgotten Realms, you get your spells from a particular deity, not from having a generally religious attitude.

I think the multiclass cleric generation only works on kits with CLAB tables that have 7 letters or fewer.  Most of the vanilla kits have 8-letter tables, like CLABPR02.2da. These cannot be cloned. The vanilla cleric of Tyr has a shorter table, though, so you should see a fighter/cleric option for that one. If you want more multiclass options, then you should install some kits.

EDIT - actually, is sounds like you didn't install any sphere system? In that case I suppose there's no reason to exclude the unkitted multiclass. I'll look into changing that. In the meantime, if you edit K_CM_H.2da (and/or the ones for other races and/or other multiclass combinations) I think you can just add a line that says

1    0

...near the top, right under the word "KIT." This will add the trueclass multi cleric to the menu.

They should have HLAs if you use a sphere system, but if you don't then they indeed are marked wrong. If you edit LUABBR.2da and find those kits, change their entries in the right-hand column to "CM0" and then they should get access to the cleric/mage HLAs.

Thank you for the fast response!

I will see if I can get a save for the multiclass. I removed that testing instance already though, but I'll probably make another one.

Spells from a deity make sense for sure. I wasn't clear on needing a sphere for that to work right though. I was testing without a sphere but am now trying it with one. None of the vanilla kits show up in the multiclass however.

Ok, so I redid the install and added the VPlus sphere system and all the cleric kits, Abjurish of Mystra and Monitor of Azuth did appear to get some priest HLAs (including some cool ones I hadn't seen before). So yeah definitely seems like I need to test out the spheres some more. I was going to go without as uh, they are a little overwhelming with all the deities.  :)