Unearthed Arcana presents Faiths & Powers: Gods of the Realms

3 hours ago, Graion Dilach said:

Is there a way to install FnP spells as a spellpack without touching any of the kits?

Huh. No, right now the new spells are only installed with a sphere system. So the closest someone could come would be to install the “Vanilla” sphere system which mimics the base game’s simple cleric/druid split. That would get you the new spells but largely keep familiar gameplay. 

Of course, if you know what you’re doing and you didn’t mind hacking up the .tp2, you could fairly easily see how to install the spells alone. Basically just comment out everything in a spheres component except:

ACTION_CLEAR_ARRAY aoe_spell

INCLUDE ~faiths_and_powers/lib/spells_new_v75.tpa~      	//includes spells from the 0.75 series  
INCLUDE ~faiths_and_powers/lib/spells_new_fnp.tpa~   		//new spells from the 0.77 series 

LAM v78_add_fnP_new_spells

ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~dvsrv4here.mrk~) BEGIN
  LAM v75_apply_sr_aoe_deflection
END  

Edited by subtledoctor

OlvynTweaks and OlvynSpells have a component, "Let Rangers and Paladins cast spells at their full caster level."  If active, they have no caster level penalty.  (Normally, these classes have a caster level penalty of 8 compared to a full Druid or Cleric of equal level!  Ow!)

OlvynSpells has a component, "Let Rangers and Paladins gain spells quicker and up to 6th-level spells."  If active, "They get 1st-level spells starting at level 2. For every additional 3 levels, they gain a new spell level (2nd-level spells at level 5, 3rd-level spells at level 8... 6th-level spells at level 17). This way, they gain their highest-level spells at approximately the same time that mages get their highest-level spells."

I mention these to inquire when in the install order these should go if using F&P and F&P multiclass.

Edited by Endarire

I don’t know how the caster level thing works… it should probably be installed late, with other game tweaks. After any/all paladin and ranger kits. (I like the idea of it, I assume it just applies opcode 191 effects… but OTOH I have a vague recollection that op191 has issues with stacking, so I worry how this might interact with other sources in the games…)

Spell tables are simple: the last one installed wins. So if you want the Olvyn tables then install that component after FnP. 

Here are some ideas for how paladins can work:

I've got five archetypes in my head, roughly adapted from kits in the Complete Handbook:

Paladin: and adventuring hero, smiting enemies in the name of this or that divine will.

• + Lay on Hands
  • + Immune to diseases
  • + Divine Smite to do extra magic damage in the following round(s)
  • + ...?

Divinate/Defender: quick to intercede between allies/civilians of their faith and those who would do them harm.

• + Lay on Hands
  • + Immune to poison
  • + Immune to fear
  • + Aura of Protection
  • -  worse with missile weapons

Inquisitor: specially trained to counter opposing magic and stamp out blasphemy within their church.

• + Innate True Seeing
  • + Innate Dispel Magic
  • + Immune to Hold
  • + Immune to Charm
  • -  Disabled spellcasting
  • -  Cannot turn undead

Votary/Zealot: militaristic and aggressive in battling challenges to their deity's will.

• + Frenzy
  • + Weapon mastery*
  • + Immune to Charm

Envoy: tactical and tempered, acts as a diplomat of their faith - and sometimes perhaps a spy as well.

• in the Ranger class
  • + Can Hide in Shadows
  • + Lay on Hands
  • + Immune to Hold
  • + ...?
  • -  Cannot turn undead

So the idea is you pick a kit based on some deity or other, and that kit will have various abilities. And then you would choose an archetype, and you would get these 3-5 abilities on top of your kit abilities. Most deities will not offer all of these options - Helm has no frenzied Zealots, and Gruumsh has no Defenders.

Do these look... reasonable? Do they need more to differentiate them? Do  paladins and envoys need more to balance them against the others? (Maybe they could get a bit of extra spellcasting, that would be a nice flexible bonus that would lean in to their deity choice/sphere access.)  What other abilities could these divine rangers have? Are there other archetypes that could fit in the ranger class? What abilities would they have?

* I'm not sure I could actually give one  archetype weapon mastery if it is not kit-based. Maybe just a bonus with all melee weapons? Or maybe when they use the Frenzy ability it could bump up their proficiency in every weapon category? So if you are specialized in long swords, you would have mastery while frenzying?

Also, thoughts on nomenclature? "Divinate" and  "Votary" are from the Complete Handbook and I adapted them to stand in for the roles of the vanilla Cavalier and FnP's current Zealot kits. "Defender" and "Zealot" are not as faithful to the 2E source material, and are a bit more boring. But they are a bit plainer in their meaning, and that has some value...

All thoughts appreciated.

Edited by subtledoctor
Guest Hallz123

Hello subtledoctor, the 0.83.12 gives can't install the cleric kits because the chitin.key is missing, but the 0.83.11 install normaly. And that version makes SCS ai enchantment component install crash in BG2 EE because the "wizard acid mantle scroll" is missing. Thanks. 

Okay I've updated the mod to version 0.83.13 which adds distinct install options in the settings.ini configuration document to allow you to choose whether to install 1) IWD divine spells, 2) IWD arcane spells, and 3) new custom FnP spells.

FWIW I tested this with SCS v34.3 and it had no problem installing the Initialize AI/General AI/Smarter Mages components. But if you have issues with SCS not finding scrolls, you can turn off the installation of IWD arcane spells in FnP.

Guest Hallz123

Hey subtledoc, the bg2 EE install was a sucess, but installing in BG1 EE return this message in the 0.83.13: 

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [belt12.itm] not found in KEY file:
        [./chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.

Before this mod, I installed SRR and Tome and Blood. Version 0.83.11 goes normal