Unearthed Arcana presents Faiths & Powers: Gods of the Realms

Thanks a lot for this mod (and many other mods of yours), subtledoctor! It really makes a huge difference coming back to BG after all these years.

I've got a quick question though - I'm planning to play the whole trilogy with an ultimate class combo, i.e. FMC, and wanted to ask if I will break the sphere system (or something else?) if I first create the Charname as Cleric/Mage, choose a kit based on that, and then turn them into FMC via EEKeeper? I know the proficiencies etc. will not be right but I can adjust that manually easily. It's the rest that I'm more worried about. Any thoughts?

4 hours ago, Guest eryr said:

I'm planning to play the whole trilogy with an ultimate class combo, i.e. FMC, and wanted to ask if I will break the sphere system (or something else?) if I first create the Charname as Cleric/Mage, choose a kit based on that, and then turn them into FMC via EEKeeper?

There is a better way. After installing all your mods:

1. Go into your override folder. Find CLSRCREQ.2da and open it with a text editor app. (Or, just look at the file in Near Infinity.) Find the row for fighter/mage/cleric, and change the values in that row from '0' to '1' for each race you want F/M/C to ab an allowable class.
  2. In your override folder, find K_CM_H.2da. Make a copy of this file, and rename the copy to "K_FMC_H.2da" (Overwrite the existing K_FMC_H.2da if it already exists.) Do the same for the other versions - K_CM_G.2da, K_CM_E.2da, etc.

That's it! Now you can just play the game and all the C/M cleric kits will be available for the F/M/C class, and you don't need to muck about in EEKeeper or change class or anything.

Honestly, I might just do this in the mod itself as a quick and easy way to allow triple-classes...

Only problems you will have to deal with:

• Depending on whether you install the optional FnP revised weapon restrictions component, I think this will let you be proficient with any weapon, but not necessarily use any weapon. If you've installed that component, when building this character, stick to normal cleric weapons plus short sword and spear. (Maybe crossbow too.)
  • I'm betting this will not get the special sphere-based HLA tables of the FnP kits, but will instead get the vanilla F/M/C HLA table. If you want to change which HLAs you get you will have to mess with the F/M/C table manually. (Look it up which file it is in LUABBR.2da.)
Edited by subtledoctor
4 minutes ago, aigleborgne said:

Hello,

How can I choose a kit during character creation considering the current 11 kit limitation ? There are more than 11 kits per class (especially clerics).

Is there a mod that add a scrollbar like TobEx in OG ?

Just found it when randomly trying UI mods: LE UI mod specifically, it is fantastic and not only for kits ! Definitly a mandatory mod to install :)

3 hours ago, aigleborgne said:

Is there a mod that add a scrollbar like TobEx in OG ?

3 hours ago, aigleborgne said:

Just found it when randomly trying UI mods: LE UI mod

LeUI is good, but not necessary in this case: even if the UI has no scroll bars (some games have them, some games don’t), you can still just scroll down the list with a mouse wheel or trackpad. 

8 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

LeUI is good, but not necessary in this case: even if the UI has no scroll bars (some games have them, some games don’t), you can still just scroll down the list with a mouse wheel or trackpad. 

Nope, it doesn't work ! I have already tried mouse scroll and tried again this morning.

But well, it doesn't matter as long as I have an alternative :)

Guest Person

Some more bugs for you - 0.85sd19, SRR, BG2EE.

Nature's Wrath removes itself from the spellbook on cast. Natural Form tries to remove it again instead of putting it back. But why does it need to be unlearned anyway if it disables spellcasting? :crazyeyes:
With the default setting of SPDR201 to level 3, Hivekeepers get three Webs at level 2: a generated one for Vermin focus, and two copies of SPDR201. I'm guessing this is to do with the raw spell being level 2.
b_pr101.spl (Destructive Smite) installed as a broken hybrid with Frost Fingers.
Missing strings for Assassin Vines entangle and Bombardier Beetle stun effects. (Incidentally, dear lord is that beetle stun powerful...)
Beetle Swarm, Spider Swarm, Rhino Beetle have no casting school animation.

b_r101 in Deception (Abundant Ammo) - should be b_r102 (Camouflage)
WIZARD_WRAITH_FORM at level 7 in Shadow - should be WIZARD_GHOSTFORM? Kind of underwhelming otherwise, I can't think of many situations I've actually wanted to cast Wraithform.

Not this mod's problem but I'll mention it anyway because of the fallout: SR turns Symbol of Fear into Symbol of Weakness; SRR then turns Symbol of Weakness into Symbol of Pain. Both of these continue to use the SYMBOL_FEAR symbolic name (understandable). IWD spells has its own Symbol, Pain with different effects referenced as SYMBOL_PAIN... so if both spells are in the sphere list you'll potentially get both of them. I guess there could be an extra check to stop that from happening, if it's even worth worrying about at all?

Thanks for the in-depth feedback! I'll take a look at those issues.

-----------------------

Here's a question for anyone who is interested:

Should we abandon the kit-based armor restrictions? The sphere system currently allows some kits to be restricted to only wearing leather and chain armor, or even just leather. The original idea was that some of these kits could be more powerful in other ways (extra benefits, focus access to magic, etc.) but it hasn't exactly worked out that way. At the moment it basically just operates "by feel" - kits of warlike deities (Helm, Tyr, Tempus) can use plate armor, while kits of less warlike deities (Oghma, Deneir, Sune) are more restricted.

But maybe we should let those things go? Should we just let all clerics wear plate mail? Does anyone care about enforcing these restrictions?

A few minor bugs. Tested with v0.84.5 and v0.85sd19.

1. Mod kits, install order, and the DEFINE_FNP_KIT_INFO function (using sphere_list variable)

- When installing a kit after FnP, all the correct spheres, based on sphere_list, are given.
- When installing a kit before FnP, the Air and Water spheres are switched. This happens for Major and Ranger spheres.

2. Missing icons
- oFnP spheres: Shout
- nuFnP spheres: Stone Fist (missing with 0.85sd19)

3. IWDEE (nuFnP): The Beetle Swarm spell crashes the game because the CRE file (d5smbtl.cre) doesn't get added to the override.

For champions, the d5_fnp_settings.ini seems to allow modification of which archetypes are allowed for each kit

https://github.com/subtledoctor/Faiths_and_Powers/blob/b10db216f36ed371003aef42238a5633ff94008e/faiths_and_powers/d5_fnp_settings.ini#L137-L163

For ex

Defender	Inquisitor	Zealot
B_CHAMP_TYR				1			1			0

What happens when you changes these values? Do you end-up with a champion with the bare minimum (common)  abilities for this kit, i.e. with no archetype specific power/ability?

For example a Tyr zealot with a minimal frenzy?

(I kind of expect a "don't do that" here :p)

Edited by mickabouille
1 hour ago, mickabouille said:

What happens when you changes these values? Do you end-up with a champion with the bare minimum (common)  abilities for this kit, i.e. with no archetype specific power/ability?

For example a Tyr zealot with a minimal frenzy?

(I kind of expect a "don't do that" here :p)

No, that document is very much there for you to change to your liking. Of course you have to make any changes before installing the mod!

The way these champions work is, you are a bare-bones ‘paladin’ with only few kit abilities. Then you choose an archetype by dialogue. Your choice of archetype will give you more class abilities. But some archetypes are not available for certain deities. A champion of Helm cannot be a Zealot, because zealots are wild and fervent and that’s not Helm’s thing. I think Gruumsh does not have Defenders. etc. 

But if you want Gruumsh to have Defenders, that’s fine - change it from 0 to 1 in that file, install the mod, roll up a Champion of Gruumsh, and select the Defender archetype.