Unearthed Arcana presents Faiths & Powers: Gods of the Realms

@subtledoctor Here is something very bizzare, both shaman mage and druid sorcerer have the weapprof value for quarterstaffs set to 0 despite the FNP usability for clubstaffs being 1 and the value for quarterstaffs being set to 1 in the add_kit as well. In fact I can see know reason why this should be applied any differently to for e.g the druid_mage, which appears to be set up identically. I don't know if this is anything that you can explain or if it even happens in a different setup or is a bug related to my set up, but it seems like something very weird is going on. 

I've spotted two errors in the druid/monk installation in the beta version at least.

1. It's pointing to baseclab druid rather than priest so doesn't actually get any druid abilities including spheres.

2. The no turn undead ability is pointing at the druid thief clab rather than druid monk

Multiclass components removes the fighter/mage/cleric multiclass? It is missing from the menu of available multiclasses.

Also I think applying the kits to multi and single classes npcs messes their spellbook. The priests don't have any spells in their books until they level up.

Component 220 (for EE 2.0+):

Expanded Multiclassing

This component liberalizes the multiclassing rules in targeted ways:

• Enables humans to multiclass.
  • Enables demihumans to dual-class.
  • Enables elves to be bards, fighter/clerics, cleric/thieves, cleric/rangers, and cleric/mages.
  • Enables half-elves to be cleric/thieves.

Yeah allowing the Half-Elves to be multiclassed Cleric/Theif must have removed the Fighter/Mage/Cleric multiclass.

Edited by zelazko

Each kit has its own limits, and again, if a player wants to dig through the mod files a bit, you can change these pretty easily. (E.g. find the priest of Helm kit, change "u_bastard_swords = 2" to "u_bastard_swords = 5" and now Helmite clerics can reach grandmastery.)

As with so many other things, this system is totally optional - you can modify its implementation, or decline to use it at all if it is not to your taste.

Does this settings need to be adjusted before the component installation to take the effect?

I recommend installing Expanded Multiclassing from the CDTweaks/Anthology instead. It does not remove Fighter/Mage/Cleric mutliclass and don't get in a way of kitted cleric multiclasses. It's fully compatible with Faith and Powers. Just make sure to install ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2357 // Alter Multi-Class Restrictions -> Install options one and two (everyone can multi-class anything): v16 after Faith and Powers multiclasses components.

Edited by zelazko
6 hours ago, GawainBS said:

Should M&G be installed before or after F&P Multiclass? Because one Readme says before, the other says after.

If you are under the 256 kit limit, it doesn’t matter. To be on the safe side, install FnP’ multiclass kits after MnG. 

If you use the latest version (pre-release for some, maybe) then there is no FnP_Multiclass anymore. Just MnG, then FnP, end of story. (And I think I updated the new Readmes to say that.)

Edited by subtledoctor

Thanks! Regarding the readme: all of the readme's of your mods show formatting brackets (for example: [/li] ) in front of every line, making them very hard to read. I open them in Wordpad. Am I doing something wrong?

Example

Spoiler

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" lang="en" xml:lang="en">
<head>
<title>NPC_EE</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="style/g3readme_cam.css" type="text/css" />
<link href="style/g3icon.ico" rel="icon" type="image/bmp" />
</head>
<body>
<h1>NPCs Enhanced... um, for Everyone! (a.k.a. NPC_EE)</h1>
<div class="section">
  <p><strong>Author:</strong> <a href="http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showuser=6306">Duns Scotus, the SubtleDoctor</a><br />
</p>
  <p><strong> Version 5.9 </strong><br />
    <strong> Languages:</strong> English<br />
    <strong>Platforms: </strong>Windows, Mac OS X</p>

Edited by GawainBS
9 hours ago, GawainBS said:

Thanks.

One more question, to be sure: Mystics and variants qualify for the Druid stronghold, right?

Yeah… we haven’t done much with strongholds. I just have too much on my plate. Mystics get the druid stronghold. (Which is fine, and intended - I think of mystics as proto-druids.) Clerics get strongholds according to the usual default alignment rules of unkitted clerics, which will usually make sense. Multiclass druids are a special case since, under the hood, they are actually multiclass clerics. For them I went out of my way to specifically code them to get the druid stronghold. 

I think.