Unearthed Arcana presents Faiths & Powers: Gods of the Realms

@subtledoctor EET: I acknowledge that EET is a mod, but I've seen it for so long as a platform that I mentally equated the EET installer, mod, and platform.  I've come from other modding communities where a person or a team built/maintained a platform for modding, like the PRC for Neverwinter Nights or the Circle of Eight mod pack for Temple of Elemental Evil and for a long time assumed I would be best off by using the EET installer.  I also became frustrated years ago (pre-EE) by trying to install a buncha BG2 mods manually, and the EET installer seemed like the best way to handle such a large number of mods.  Recent experiences have caused me to question my assumptions regarding the EET installer and associated media.

F&P Cleric Kits:  Based on my brief research, the EE BG games added certain Cleric kits like Priest of Tyr.  These didn't grant the F&P spheres spells as initially desired and expected, instead giving only the same spells as a no-kit Fighter/Cleric, a class/kit not meant for use with F&P in this situation.  The new F&P-specific single class Cleric kits, from my testing, properly assigned their sphere spells.

Weidu: I manually returned to the F&P setup and reran it to determine if manually running this would allow the Cleric kits to properly work.  At the time, this seemed like the best way to ensure F&P components installed properly.

Attention: I apologize if my approach toward explaining my situation and asking for help came across as unwelcome.  I really am trying to get things properly setup and appreciate your assistance, as well as the assistance of all others in the community!

@Jarinex I'd like your spreadsheet as well as guidance on how best to incorporate the other mods I intended to install into this heavily-modded EET game, including install order and optimal settings.

Edited by Endarire

The big thing you'll want to do is download the mods you want to install manually, including BGT Fixpack and BGT Language Pack (I use English, but there are others.) These can be a pain to find on your own, so I will link them from the SHS site.

http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/521-big-world-fixpack/

http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/534-big-world-english/

Here is the most important step I have found for a manual install. Download all the mods you want, unpack them into the Baldurs Gate II Enhanced Edition folder, and then run these files. If you don't, it is possible compatibility with a number of mods will be an issue .

My install spreadsheet is attached. They are grouped according to a recommended install order based on my experience and what I have read. You'll notice it's mainly Baldurs gate 2 mods, so I have little experience with anything for BG1. However, I assume the install order is very similar.

If anyone feels this can be improved please let me know. I know things change and need to be altered

Also, if this is way too confusing I completely understand. If you want, you can try Project Infinity by ALIENQuake. Not something I need to use, but may be up your alley:

https://github.com/ALIENQuake/ProjectInfinity

Hope this helps

BG2 EE Organizer Recent-1.xlsx

Edited by Jarinex
4 hours ago, Jarinex said:

The big thing you'll want to do is download the mods you want to install manually, including BGT Fixpack and BGT Language Pack (I use English, but there are others.) These can be a pain to find on your own, so I will link them from the SHS site.

http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/521-big-world-fixpack/

http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/534-big-world-english/

Here is the most important step I have found for a manual install. Download all the mods you want, unpack them into the Baldurs Gate II Enhanced Edition folder, and then run these files. If you don't, it is possible compatibility with a number of mods will be an issue .

My install spreadsheet is attached. They are grouped according to a recommended install order based on my experience and what I have read. You'll notice it's mainly Baldurs gate 2 mods, so I have little experience with anything for BG1. However, I assume the install order is very similar.

If anyone feels this can be improved please let me know. I know things change and need to be altered

Also, if this is way too confusing I completely understand. If you want, you can try Project Infinity by ALIENQuake. Not something I need to use, but may be up your alley:

https://github.com/ALIENQuake/ProjectInfinity

Hope this helps

BG2 EE Organizer Recent-1.xlsx

Hey there - many thanks for the Mod Order, I've been looking for one for ages! Any problems you've encountered with this one? Does the Scales of Balance component Stat Bonus Overhaul work correctly?

Have you tried this one too? https://github.com/GwendolyneFreddy/1pp

If not, where would you put it?

Is the Cernd mod Cernd Friendship?

@subtledoctor Wondering what you think about the improved Beast Lord :)

Edited by Hypaspist
4 hours ago, Jarinex said:

If you want, you can try Project Infinity by ALIENQuake.

@Endarire I totally agree. I've been using PI and it has worked great for me. The really helpful thing is, IMHO, it makes the process of reinstalling your mods waaaay easier. You'll have to download the mods manually (but this is probably the best thing to do anyway, since you need to check for latest working versions and links to download from change frequently) and extract them to a dedicated folder, then figure out an install order. If you want you can use the mods list attached. To install them, I simply need to copy/paste the components from that doc to the installation sequence window in PI, click start installation, and do some other stuff while I wait. It's a lot better than going through every component of, say, CDTweaks every time. Mind you, I haven't played the full game yet, but the mods in this list install fine with 0 errors and a couple of warnings. Hope that helps.

EET INSTALL VERSION 5.docx

@Endarire the feedback is not unwelcome at all, I only want to keep things clear. Good bug reporting didn’t come naturally to me, but eventually I realized it is very useful. Try to include the context of a failure (which game, weidu.log) and the specific observed behavior vs. expected behavior (“I rolled a priest of Tyr and got no sphere spells, while a priest if Helm did; I expected that they both should” - or something like that).

The vanilla priest of Tyr is included in the sphere system and should get spells. That happens with the “Apply Spheres to Kits” component which is invisible to the player and runs automatically in a manual install. I have no idea how the BWS/Install Tool handles such components. 

Broadly, a BG mod manager like BWS does three things: 1) downloads mods for you and puts them in your game folder; 2) takes care of the install order for you; and 3) automates the process of installing them via Weidu

I can see how that is useful for newcomers, and 3) is useful for everyone. But once you’re comfortable being a bit more sophisticated, it’s rewarding to handle 1) and 2) on your own. (Rewarding by way of increased reliability.) Project Infinity is built with this in mind. The old BWS handled 1) and 2) but at least it was very public, and very conservative about making changes only after lots of community engagement. The newer Install Tool is rather opaque - decisions are made by a single person, and there zero communication with the authors of the mods being installed. As a modder I cannot recommend it, because I have no idea whether it does things in a way that is recommendable. (And from your log, I see several things that are inadvisable.)

On 12/29/2019 at 4:14 AM, Hypaspist said:

Hey there - many thanks for the Mod Order, I've been looking for one for ages! Any problems you've encountered with this one? Does the Scales of Balance component Stat Bonus Overhaul work correctly?

Have you tried this one too? https://github.com/GwendolyneFreddy/1pp

If not, where would you put it?

Is the Cernd mod Cernd Friendship?

I haven’t had any problems with the stat overhaul. Can’t say I tried that particular graphics mod, but I’m guessing it installs near the end?

My install order mainly comes from the BiG world setup, so I followed that for the most part.

Yes, I believe the Cernd mod is the friendship mod.

Glad it helps! I know it’s pretty daunting to install mods manually, as it was (and still is) for me. It has been a while since I updated, so I can’t guarantee it’ll work completely, and if you want to add more I dunno how well it will work.

Anyway, sorry for taking your thread a bit, Subtledoctor 😅

Edited by Jarinex

There are a few things to report (FnP v0.79sd3):

Maybe it's worth mentioning that I have:

Spoiler

~A7-TOTLM-BG2EE/SETUP-A7-TOTLM-BG2EE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Trials of the Luremaster for BG2:EE: 1.0

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4240 // Treat mages' and priests' High-Level Abilities as innate abilities rather than memorisable spells (each may be taken only once): v32.7

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #203 // Make druidic shapeshifting uninterruptable: v4.53

--Elemental Transformation: Clicking the button to return human makes only a cosmetic change, in all other aspects my character remains an elemental;

Spoiler

image.jpeg.f04f828f29176be9acba8fbbdd666e09.jpeg

If I try to shapeshift to something else, nothing happens, then clicking human form gives me back spellcasting, but all the rest is unchanged. Waiting or resting does nothing. Tried this with a lost druid and a water mystic. Same behaviour with the other elementals.

--The spell 'Favor of Ilmater' has the same effects of the spell 'Storm shell', without animation.

--Some universal spells don't work as described: Chant (no THACO and damage bonuses), Prayer and Recitation (no effects).

--Spell 'Conjure fire elemental': Has the description and behaviour of the 'conjure water elemental' spell.

--Spell 'Abundant ammunition': The spell icon in the casting menu has a bright green background. One of the created ammunitions, the 'eggshell bullet', has no description.

--Spell 'Acidic storm': Description states it lasts for 1 round per level, but only lasts 1 round at any level.

--Spell 'Spiritual wrath': has no apparent effect. Tried with neutral characters against good aligned targets.

--Spell 'Animal horde': works fine, but some animals are having identity crisys: they think they are playing in the BG2 main quest. Polar bears are smarter, though.

Spoiler

image.jpeg.610c39c09a830ebdafe0969eb15e9335.jpeg

Spoiler

Hordebug2.JPG.57931d868bb791c76b787cd94e710bc4.JPG

Spoiler

image.jpeg.fdc0922c045ad144bb41342cfa6c93b3.jpeg

--Spell 'Greater shades': Similar text errors as above.

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.c34ac0916624840446ad8d930701ee64.jpeg

Also, if I send the shades to say hi to a friend:

Spoiler

image.jpeg.f1736eedf4da767710ac782a8bd784d4.jpeg

--Spell 'Wither': small text error:

Spoiler

image.jpeg.35e14995f4031136fa34276f1953cb02.jpeg

--The holy simbols of a few cleric kits aren't so holy: after lv 25 an iconless item appears in the inventory, marked red as if unusable. Hovering with the mouse just returns 'personal item' as if the item slot is empty. If clicked, the message 'this item cannot be removed' shows up. This happens for Doommaster of Beshaba, Holy strategist of the Red knight, Hand of Torm, Fastpaws of Baervan, sworn of cyric. Haven't tested other kits (yet), but the silverstar of Selune's works fine.

--The hand of Torm kit doesn't get protection from evil as a special ability as stated in the description. However, it has it among the lv 1 spells, with other spells from the protection sphere which(also according to the description) it's not supposed to have.

--The zealots's frenzy ability needs a description update for the +2 spell save bonus. Right now it looks like it should give +2 to all saves.

Ok, that should be everything 😯

16 hours ago, Gwaihir said:

--Elemental Transformation: Clicking the button to return human makes only a cosmetic change, in all other aspects my character remains an elemental;

This likely comes from the fact that the original spell didn't turn you FROM human TO elemental, but just made a cosmetic and magic weapon change which sounds similar, and it kinda is and uses the same opcode as the polymorph but with a twist of only using the cosmetics(opcode # 135 parameter 2 = 1), but these just need to be removed, not returned FROM elemental TO a human. --change-log'ging the original spell gives you the options you are looking for.

4 hours ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

change-log'ging the original spell gives you the options you are looking for.

You mean like this?

Spoiler

[WeiDU-FileChangelog.exe] WeiDU version 24500

Mods affecting LI#DRWAT.SPL:
00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~FAITHS_AND_POWERS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2~ 0 80 // Apply sphere system0.79.3
00001:  ~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ 0 203 // Make druidic shapeshifting uninterruptablev4.53
00002:  ~KLATU/SETUP-KLATU.TP2~ 0 2110 // Treat all Innate Abilities as Non-Magical (Unaffected by Wild/Dead Magic and Silence)1.7

Also,  now that I think about it, making all innate abilities unaffected by silence/wild magic would make quite a lot of subtledoctor's kits very op (I think)... maybe I should delete that component 😆

Depending how the klatu mod works, that could do some damage, yeah. We can make a note of that in the compatibility notes. (Thanks to Grammarsalad’s tireless efforts, the mod will have a real Readme soon!)

The aTweaks component may or may not hurt anything, but it is entirely unnecessary if you use FnP druids, so best to leave it out. 

We’ll take a look at your other reports, thanks for mentioning all that stuff!

If anybody wants to get a preview of the readme, see the first post here.  

Note that I'm updating it constantly, so it'll be (hopefully) more informative over time.  Please let me know of any errors you happen to catch. 

Edit: e.g. Just added a warning about that Klatu component

Edited by Grammarsalad
10 hours ago, Arthas said:

Checked your xlsx

For Rogue rebalancing, you write "Anything past v.4.91 will break scales of balances due to the wrong weidu".
Do you mean that newer versions of rogue rebalancing have the wrong weidu bundled?

Oh darn, I thought I removed that. I must confess, this is actually an older list lol. I think that issue has long been fixed by now. 

On 12/26/2019 at 3:10 PM, Endarire said:

@Endarire I've taken a better look at your logs and I see a few problems.

• The Bear Walker, and all ranger kits generally, should be installed before Might & Guile.
  • Warrior/thief/bard kits in general should be installed before Might & Guile.
  • The Spirit Walker, Storm Caller, Dream Walker, Will'o'Wisp, and all shaman kits generally, should be installed before Faiths & Powers.
  • Improved Shamanic Dance should be installed before Faiths & Powers.
  • I Hate Undead kit pack should be installed before Faiths & Powers.
  • Probably don't mix A7 Improved Archer and Might & Guile Revised Archery.

I don't know where your order put the FnP Multiclass component... if it went after all other kits then it would be right before SCS?  After CDTweaks, SoB, etc.  That is very late, and problematic on its own; it would also create a huge number of things to check for conflicts. 

If your order attempted to install FnP Multiclass right after Might & Guile (which is where I install it) then it would be a  much smaller universe of possible conflicts: at a guess, I say maybe CTB, Ascension, TOD, DSotSC, TDDz, Turnabout, Wheels of Prophecy, Wilson Chronicles, or Geomantic Sorcerer.  Those are fairly wild guesses, but the one's I'd suggest investigating first.