Unearthed Arcana presents Faiths & Powers: Gods of the Realms

If anyone cannot install multiclass clerics, you can try using this experimental update.  It is exactly the same as version 0.79.4, except each loop through cleric kits to turn them into multiclass kits is wrapped in a TRY block.  This should mean that if it gets tripped up on a particular kit, it will be skipped and other kits will install.  On the other hand, if the problem is something more fundamental, then most or all kits might be skipped.  No way to tell yet (in my test install with just FnP all kits are installed fine).

Worth a TRY, I guess.  :suspect:

Ran into a couple items on FnP 79sd5 with BGEE.
- Mystics allow me to select two pips in any weapon they can select. Description does not note that. Is this intended?
- The Elementalist says he should get an extra spell slot per level in the description, but does not get the bonus slot.

WeiDU.log

Edited by Necromanx2

Incidentally, it seems someone has again either misrepresented me, or gotten wrong something about this mod. (Heaven forfend she come around here and just discuss it with us like a civilized person :dry: )

So it’s worth making this install order stuff very clear: the FnP Multiclass mod should ideally be installed after all single-class kits. (You can happily install tons of multiclass kits after it.) Further, this really only matters if you are going to come up against the 255 kit limit. If you don’t install 200+ new kits, then it doesn’t matter - you can mix single-class and multiclass kits. It’s only to be on the safe side, since you may not know ahead of time exactly how many kits will be in your game, that I say best to add any single-class kits before FnP_Multi. 

6 hours ago, Necromanx2 said:

- Mystics allow me to select two pips in any weapon they can select. Description does not note that. Is this intended?

The code seems right. I would guess it’s some proficiency-related mod, but you don’t have much of that in this install. Maybe the Dual-to-Kits mod?

- The Elementalist says he should get an extra spell slot per level in the description, but does not get the bonus slot.

This might have been happening automatically before, when we still differentiated between acolytes and clerics...? And now we removed the automatic mechanism? I’ll check.

Edited by subtledoctor

Two questions on the Mystics using FnP 79sd5 with BGEE:
1) Mystics have spell selection and use similar to a Shaman? When I first create a character it looks like I will have a cleric type spells (select the spells to memorize), but when the game starts the spells I selected have no slots and are dark grey in the spellbook. I click the special icon and things change, though the spellbook now only has what spells I know. The spell counts are always 0/0.
2) I can't put any spells in my quick cast slots (that I figured out anyway). The slots are dark like when no spells are available to cast, but if I click the cast spell icon I see the list of available spells. Is the Mystics not able to use quick cast slots?

1 hour ago, Necromanx2 said:

Two questions on the Mystics using FnP 79sd5 with BGEE:
1) Mystics have spell selection and use similar to a Shaman? When I first create a character it looks like I will have a cleric type spells (select the spells to memorize), but when the game starts the spells I selected have no slots and are dark grey in the spellbook. I click the special icon and things change, though the spellbook now only has what spells I know. The spell counts are always 0/0.
2) I can't put any spells in my quick cast slots (that I figured out anyway). The slots are dark like when no spells are available to cast, but if I click the cast spell icon I see the list of available spells. Is the Mystics not able to use quick cast slots?

Yes, the most recent versions turn Mystics into a spontaneous-casting class, like the Shaman or Sorcerer. They csn learn spells at the same rate, via an item ability (under the backpack icon). 

You can change any kit to be either Shaman-style spontaneous casting, or Cleric-style Vancian memorization, in the settings.ini file before you install the mod. 

For technical reasons, quick-cast buttons do not work with these spontaneous-casting kits. So they are disabled and greyed out. 

Edited by subtledoctor
8 hours ago, Endarire said:

Is F&P compatible with the Spontaneous Conversion mod?  If so, what should the F&P/Spontaneous Conversion install order be?

Don't know.  That certainly won't work with any kits that are spontaneous casters already (which I guess doesn't really matter).  FnP and various other mods add new priest spells, and I don't know whether Pecca's mod will modify all priest spells, or only the vanilla game's spells.

So... maybe?  I would be cool if it is compatible.  Worth testing!

7 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Don't know.  That certainly won't work with any kits that are spontaneous casters already (which I guess doesn't really matter).  FnP and various other mods add new priest spells, and I don't know whether Pecca's mod will modify all priest spells, or only the vanilla game's spells.

So... maybe?  I would be cool if it is compatible.  Worth testing!

It should be a part of fnp at some point in the (hopefully) near future. Pecca gave me permission to incorporate SC in a few mods, including fnp.

Hello @subtledoctor

I think it should be <PRO_HISHER>:

@51402 in faiths_and_powers\language\english\new_spells.tra contains unknown keyword <PRO_HEHER>
@51403 in faiths_and_powers\language\english\new_spells.tra contains unknown keyword <PRO_HEHER>
@51402 in faiths_and_powers\language\english\setup.tra contains unknown keyword <PRO_HEHER>
@51403 in faiths_and_powers\language\english\setup.tra contains unknown keyword <PRO_HEHER>

And there is also these:

duplicate @900000033 in faiths_and_powers\language\english\items.tra
duplicate @38204 in faiths_and_powers\language\english\setup.tra
duplicate @38211 in faiths_and_powers\language\english\setup.tra
duplicate @38212 in faiths_and_powers\language\english\setup.tra
duplicate @50406 in faiths_and_powers\language\english\setup.tra
11 hours ago, lefreut said:

Hello @subtledoctor

I think it should be <PRO_HISHER>:

@51402 in faiths_and_powers\language\english\new_spells.tra contains unknown keyword <PRO_HEHER>
@51403 in faiths_and_powers\language\english\new_spells.tra contains unknown keyword <PRO_HEHER>
@51402 in faiths_and_powers\language\english\setup.tra contains unknown keyword <PRO_HEHER>
@51403 in faiths_and_powers\language\english\setup.tra contains unknown keyword <PRO_HEHER>

And there is also these:

duplicate @900000033 in faiths_and_powers\language\english\items.tra
duplicate @38204 in faiths_and_powers\language\english\setup.tra
duplicate @38211 in faiths_and_powers\language\english\setup.tra
duplicate @38212 in faiths_and_powers\language\english\setup.tra
duplicate @50406 in faiths_and_powers\language\english\setup.tra

Thanks, will take a look.

@Grammarsalad is the most up-to-date version being worked on back in the main branch?  Or is it still my fork?  These all look like very easy fixes, can do them in whichever branch is most relevant.

On 1/25/2020 at 2:16 PM, subtledoctor said:

Thanks, will take a look.

@Grammarsalad is the most up-to-date version being worked on back in the main branch?  Or is it still my fork?  These all look like very easy fixes, can do them in whichever branch is most relevant.

I haven't made any changes since the last upload to the main branch (which I suppose, is 'ahead' of your branch re kit descriptions but is otherwise almost identical--see below.)  I believe that these are the only differences between the builds:

1) The main branch is more up to date re kit text descriptions (which we should probably separate from setup.tra at some point).  

2) I think you did an update re multiclass kits.  I didn't add that to the main branch because I got the impression that it was experimental(?)  

3) Oh, maybe the tra reference in cleric_kits.tpa where the champ of [halfling deity--Avoreen?] was referencing the eye of Gruumsh (sp?) kit.  This is fixed in the main branch.  I'm not sure about your build

I'm neutral re who updates what.  I'll have time later tonight (EST) to update the main branch if you like (at work--can't upload to github from here).  

Edit: I'm home but no time right now. Tomorrow

Edit 2: updated

Edited by Grammarsalad

Cool.  We should probably bump the version number to 0.80 in the main branch, just to easily differentiate. 

I'm going to make one more small update to my branch, and will also apply it to the main branch.  So the main branch will stay ahead of mine.  Then as soon as the main branch has a stable release, I'll update the link in the first post and cease all work on the SD branch (except for experiments etc.). (Need to get the subforum set up so you have privileges over the thread...)

EDIT - okay, I updated the SD branch to 0.79.6, and the main branch to 0.80.1. Changelog:

— improved the code applying kits to NPCs; now multiclass NPCs like Quayle will get a single-class kit if no multiclass kits are installed, so they will get spells at least. 

Edited by subtledoctor

Hi,

Just wanted to say thanks for this mod, I am about to start a kinda crazy LOB SCS Ascension trilogy playthrough, I have read the mods descriptions and I have to say I am SUPER excited about these mods (as well as TnB, might and guile and SoB). Cant wait to try them out !

Thanks again for all your work (which must have taken an insane amount of time) and for making people still want to play BG (one of the greatest game ever ?) in 2020 :)

Cheers