Unearthed Arcana presents Faiths & Powers: Gods of the Realms

Hi,

Just installed this mod with a bunch of others in a big eet setup, and I cant seem to get spontaneous casting to work. I modified the ini setting files (set all 0 to 1) after installation both in the override folder and the FnP one, but my char still get regular casting (clanggedin multi, sorcer/tymora multi, elven archer, tried a regular clerc as well)

Am I doing something wrong or ou setup faulty ? 

Thanks !

16 minutes ago, Guest Nyed said:

Just installed this mod with a bunch of others in a big eet setup, and I cant seem to get spontaneous casting to work. I modified the ini setting files (set all 0 to 1) after installation both in the override folder and the FnP one, but my char still get regular casting (clanggedin multi, sorcer/tymora multi, elven archer, tried a regular clerc as well)

I can’t recall off the top if my head but you might need to use some kind of “initialize spontaneous casting” ability. Check your innate and/or item abilities. 

EDIT - we haven’t tested very extensively with multiclass kits, and you definitely should not/cannot mix spontaneous divine casting with a sorcerer multiclass. (Spontaneous cleric casting and multiclass sorcerers use the same systems under the hood, and will conflict with each other.)

It might only be possible for single-class priests. I honestly forget. 

Edited by subtledoctor

Just checked before going to work, even single class dont get it. They get the add spell innate but then nothing. No innate, items greyed out. Just for my information do you confirm this can be setup after installation of the mod just by changing the settings file in the override folder ?

Thanks !!

7 hours ago, Guest Nyed said:

Just checked before going to work, even single class dont get it. They get the add spell innate but then nothing. No innate, items greyed out. Just for my information do you confirm this can be setup after installation of the mod just by changing the settings file in the override folder ?

No - that's the problem.  The settings file is used to tell the mod what settings to use when it is installed - you can't change them later unless you reinstall the mod.  (Which means automatically reinstalling all the mods that come after it as well.)

Given time and technical feasibility, we'll probably change the way this works, letting you choose in-game whether you want to want to cast normally or spontaneously.  But it's going to take a while to make that work.

Edited by subtledoctor
3 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

...letting you choose in-game whether you want to want to cast normally or spontaneously.  But it's going to take a while to make that work.

That would be nice. Are you going to do this change via different (sub-)kit application ? Cause I can see that to be a possibility, that could probably be made to work with more kit mods.

22 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Are you going to do this change via different (sub-)kit application ?

Nope.  With application of the right series of spells, any priest kit can be converted to cast like a shaman.  (We might have it working for rangers and paladins, too.  Might.  I forget.)  Theoretically, of course - we still have to build the thing.  It will wipe out your known spells; give you an ability to learn them anew the same way shamans/sorcerers learn; and apply the stat modifications to count your spells.  (In this case, it uses stats 108 and 134 to track simulated spell slots.)

Edited by subtledoctor
1 hour ago, subtledoctor said:

Nope.  With application of the right series of spells, any priest kit can be converted to cast like a shaman.  (We might have it working for rangers and paladins, too.  Might.  I forget.)  Theoretically, of course - we still have to build the thing.  It will wipe out your known spells; give you an ability to learn them anew the same way shamans/sorcerers learn; and apply the stat modifications to count your spells.  (In this case, it uses stats 108 and 134 to track simulated spell slots.)

Yeah, that's with the spontanious casting... but that can be build into a kit... aka, the one without any of them is the normal, while the one with them is the new kit.

As in, the normal version acts normally until an event asks if they want to cast spells spontaniously or nor, the dialog sets a GLOBAL and depending the answer, casts a invisible creature that applies the effect or not. The "new kit" is very much alike the old one except that it casts spells spontaniously. You can even replicate the old kits clab.2da file with a copy paste with an addon feature that just adds a couple lines of data that is responsible of the casting code.

Original Stalker with Spontanious casting.. assign a new kit id, copy the existing clab.2da file and add the effects that allow spontanious casting to the normal ranger class, and then add in the dialog that summons the creature if needed that does the kit alteration if summoned to the target with the choise and you are done.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola
8 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Yeah, that's with the spontanious casting... but that can be build into a kit... aka, the one without any of them is the normal, while the one with them is the new kit.

As in, the normal version acts normally until an event asks if they want to cast spells spontaniously or nor, the dialog sets a GLOBAL and depending the answer, casts a invisible creature that applies the effect or not. The "new kit" is very much alike the old one except that it casts spells spontaniously. You can even replicate the old kits clab.2da file with a copy paste with an addon feature that just adds a couple lines of data that is responsible of the casting code.

But... why?  As envisioned, you just play your cleric or Stalker or whatever, until a certain point, then an event asks if you want to cast spells spontaneously or not, and you can choose whichever, but you can keep the same kit regardless.  It could be via an innate ability you have right from the beginning of the game (you are a cleric of Lathander... do you want to be a normal cleric of Lathander, or a spontaneous-casting cleric of Lathander?

Or it could be triggered environmentally - like, after the big event in Spellhold that gives you the Slayer form, you suddenly gain the ability to cast spells spontaneously instead of normally.  Or maybe if you are a cleric, at some point you lose all your spells and get the chance to choose new ones, and can cast them spontaneously, the implication being maybe they now come from your own divine essence instead of your old patron deity.

Or whatever.  Lots of possibilities, but they can all be triggered by a simple spell effect (I think), no need for shadow kits.  (It goes without saying, this is EE-only.)

Edited by subtledoctor
40 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

But... why? 

Erhm, no. I didn't say that you can't do as you like, just that you might want to do this via an addkit script action. At your choisen point. But I would suggest rather early, than late to the party, say at Spellhold for example, when you have already done (BG1+DLC and )75% of the original and non-original SoA content.

All the while it might just might be easier to test too, at SoA start. Just saying.

40 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

Or it could be triggered environmentally - like, after the big event in Spellhold that gives you the Slayer form, you suddenly gain the ability to cast spells spontaneously instead of normally.  Or maybe if you are a cleric, at some point you lose all your spells and get the chance to choose new ones, and can cast them spontaneously, the implication being maybe they now come from your own divine essence instead of your old patron deity.

Right, at the point where your divine essense aka your soul is ripped away from your own body to merge to Irenicus body, it gains somehow more of it from somewhere and with a rich multiplier. Right.

Just so you know, the Slayer form is a Bhall specific Damned state.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola