Unearthed Arcana presents Faiths & Powers: Gods of the Realms

I am in BG2EE (FnP v79.5) and notice the following (weidu log attached):
1) My Northern Druid, some forms do not provide listed abilities/resistances:
- Remorhaz says I should get -4 AC bonus to slashing, crushing, missile and 50% resistance to physical damage. Don't see these bonuses in character sheet (Beetle shows all the listed bonuses).
- The winter wolf does not seem to get its breath weapon (could not find an ability or anything to use it).

- Class descriptions says North Druid should have a fire beetle form, but As of 14th level, I do not see it available.
2) Spell icons not displaying:
- In druid spellbook, the 2nd level spell Stone Fist has no icon as well as no icon in quick cast.
- In druid spellbook, the 2nd level spell Watery Fist, does have an icon in spellbook but not in quick cast.

WeiDU.log

Edited by Necromanx2
On 2/4/2020 at 11:49 PM, Necromanx2 said:

I am in BG2EE (FnP v79.5) and notice the following (weidu log attached):
1) My Northern Druid, some forms do not provide listed abilities/resistances:
- Remorhaz says I should get -4 AC bonus to slashing, crushing, missile and 50% resistance to physical damage. Don't see these bonuses in character sheet (Beetle shows all the listed bonuses).
- The winter wolf does not seem to get its breath weapon (could not find an ability or anything to use it).

- Class descriptions says North Druid should have a fire beetle form, but As of 14th level, I do not see it available.
2) Spell icons not displaying:
- In druid spellbook, the 2nd level spell Stone Fist has no icon as well as no icon in quick cast.
- In druid spellbook, the 2nd level spell Watery Fist, does have an icon in spellbook but not in quick cast

Sorry, didn't mean to ignore you, we've noted these things.  Thanks for the heads-up.

Btw, the Northern Druid Fire Beetle thing is just a typo in the kit description - I'm pretty sure it is not supposed to get that shapeshift form.

58 minutes ago, Necromanx2 said:

BGEE FnP v79.5.
Just got Faldorn and she only has universal spells up to 3rd level. No other spells. Her class shows as Druid only (not a kit).

She is 6th level (32k XP).

WeiDU.log

Huh.  I was going to say "did you install the 'kit out NPCs' component?" but looking at it, somehow we neglected to handle Faldorn.

Easy fix; I'll do an update soon.  Meantime, my suggestion is to install NPC_EE and have her choose a kit that way.

22 minutes ago, Necromanx2 said:

Just ran into the same issue with Yeslick in the mines. Only universal spells up to 3rd level.

I think something is up with your install.  There is code to give Yeslick the priest of Clangeddin kit, which will give him sphere access:

Spoiler

ACTION_IF (FILE_CONTAINS_EVALUATED (~kit.ids~ ~[ %TAB%]D5_CLANGEDDIN[ %TAB%%LNL%%MNL%%WNL%]~)) BEGIN
  OUTER_SET yeslick_kit_sc = (IDS_OF_SYMBOL (~kit~ ~D5_CLANGEDDIN~))
    ACTION_FOR_EACH char IN ~yeslic~
      ~yeslic5~
      ~yeslid~ BEGIN
    ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~%char%.cre~ BEGIN
      COPY_EXISTING ~%char%.cre~ ~override~
        WRITE_SHORT 0x244 (%yeslick_kit_sc% >> 16) & 0xffff
        WRITE_SHORT 0x246 %yeslick_kit_sc% & 0xffff
        REMOVE_MEMORIZED_SPELLS
        REMOVE_KNOWN_SPELLS
      BUT_ONLY
    END
  END
END

Did you not install the Clangeddin kit?  Or not install the NPC kits component?  Or something like that? 
Moreover, I've been looking over the code, and Faldorn shouldn't actually need a kit - the mod gives sphere access to trueclass druids.  You should have a QD_MCD01.spl in your override folder, with effects like this:

Spoiler

1531470827_ScreenShot2020-02-17at12_12_04AM.thumb.png.eecf6c50b6ed71cbc2d83ad97997f806.png

EDIT - I see the problem.  Those 177 effects targeting MAGESCHOOL_GENERALIST need to have target = 1, AND they need to be bumped above that opcode 146 effect.  You can do that in Near Infinity or DLTCEP and then any druids you meet should get spells.  I'll code a fix in the mod as well.

I don't have an answer for Yeslick though.. unless... if he didn't get a kit and he is a trueclass fighter/cleric, then the same problem would apply.  You can make the exact same alteration to QD_MCP01.spl.  Then any kitless cleric will get spells.

You can see in the weidu above I installed the NPC kits and the NPC multi-class kits.  Yeslick is a Fighter/Priest class (says base class in EEKeeper).

P.S. Not sure if this matters, but both Faldorn and Yeslick can select any weapons to put pips into.

Edited by Necromanx2

Ah, I see it.  There is a typo for Yeslick in the NPC kit component that keeps him from getting his kit, and the problems in QD_MCP01.spl keep him from getting spells when he is kitless.

The easiest fix for you, mid-game, is to simply install NPC_EE.  Load a save before meeting Yeslick (or, possibly, before entering the area where you meet him).  Or have him in your party and use the console or EEKeeper to give him the "d5_mckt" spell.  Choose the Clangeddin kit and boom, he'll have spells.

EDIT - aaand, I've updated the mod to v0.79sd7 - and to v0.80.2 in the main branch - to fix these things.

Edited by subtledoctor

Found another item. In both FnP v79sd5 (in BGEE) and FnP v79sd7 (in BG2EE) i find that the Waveservant of Umberlee gets storm shield as a special ability instead of Smashing Wave per the kit description (only one use even at 14th level though description says I should have 3 use). Also, for having focused access to Water sphere, I don't get water spell access any earlier in my spellbook.

In other news, I have converted the spontaneous-casting system to something you can choose in-game, via an innate ability, with almost any divine-caster kit.  No need to decide for each kit before you install the mod!

This is a bit experimental; if you don't like it or it is buggy for you, you can go back to the old method by setting "d5_spells_spontaneous" to 0 in the settings.ini file.

EDIT - just to clarify the options: if the "d5_spells_spontaneous" option is set to 1, then every kit (almost - kits with 8-letter CLAB tables cannot do it) will get the in-game ability to choose which way they want to learn and cast spells.  There are a bunch of other spontaneous variables in the .ini file - one for each kit - but those are ignored if this first one is set to 1.  If "d5_spells_spontaneous" is set to 0, then the mod will check those other variables and apply spontaneous casting on a kit-by-kit basis.  In this case a kit set to spontaneous will be a spontaneous caster in the game - you won't have a choice after installing the mod.  To eliminate all spontaneous casting, set all of the variables to 0 in the .ini file.  Of course I think the in-game choice is way more flexible; assuming it is working well and free of bugs, that will be the future of the mod.  (Then maybe I'll see about doing the same thing for wizards...)

Anyhoo, get the new fun stuff in version SD 0.79.8.

This also fixes a pretty serious bug with druid shapeshifting.  I advise you to use this new version of the mod, and if you don't care about spontaneous casting just set all the spontaneous-related settings to 0 in the .ini file.

The main branch is updated to v0.80.3 with just the shapeshifting fix.

On the drawing board: maybe shifting this to use a different stat (109 is available!) in order to allow dual-spontaneous multiclass combinations, like sorcerer/shaman. 

Edited by subtledoctor

Thought I would give the new update a spin for spontaneous casting (v79sd8). 

I do get the ability to select spontaneous casting as an ability and it does convert me to it. However, my Earth Mystic earth spells do not appear in my spellbook. They are available in the casting icon (so  i can cast them), but not in the book even after resting.

Two questions:

1) Are spontaneous casters suppose to get universal spells for free? My Mystic gets universal and earth spells plus my picks.

2) What was the shapeshifting bug that was fixed?  I play a druid and had not noticed a serious bug (good for me I guess).

8 minutes ago, Necromanx2 said:

Thought I would give the new update a spin for spontaneous casting (v79sd8). 

I do get the ability to select spontaneous casting as an ability and it does convert me to it. However, my Earth Mystic earth spells do not appear in my spellbook. They are available in the casting icon (so  i can cast them), but not in the book even after resting.

Thanks for letting me know.  That is only a superficial problem - you can use those spells just fine, so the class functions the way it should.  But it would be best to see all the spells you know.  I'm sure I can figure out how to add focus spheres to the spellbook.

1) Are spontaneous casters suppose to get universal spells for free? My Mystic gets universal and earth spells plus my picks.

Yes.  I'm working on how to make Universal spells something you have to pick just like any others - the FnP_spontaneous function actually has a variable to control that - but for now, the system is a bit buggy when I enable that.  So for the time being you get Universal spells plus spells from a sphere you have focus access to, and you pick the rest of your spells according to SPLSHMKN.2da.  (This gives you a good number of spells - sometimes as much as 4 more known spells than a sorcerer can know, at a given spell level!)

2) What was the shapeshifting bug that was fixed?  I play a druid and had not noticed a serious bug (good for me I guess).

The "Natural Form" ability sometimes failed to remove animal form claw weapons from the weapon slot.  I forgot an "EVAL" when I added the weapon-removal effects to the Natural Form ability.  For whatever reason this didn't manifest all the time.  I just noticed it in my personal SoD game just now.  (I'm playing an Earth Mystic too! :7up: )  But as of this version, it should be fixed everywhere.

Edited by subtledoctor

One more minor item (BG2EE with v79sd8). 

I leveled up a Northern Druid using EEKeeper  After each rest I get the special ability icon again for switching to spontaneous casting. It does nothing if you click it and goes away, but wanted to note it. I see it reappear at each level up.

EDIT: In BG2EE I EEKeepered my Northern Druid to 3 million XP (21st level) and now can cast only 6th and 7th level spells. Rested and same issue. Also, I only get 1 casting of 6th level and 3 castings of 7th level spells. No option to pick a HLA as well.

EDIT 2: Created a ToB game and after several rests my Earth Mystic losses the ability to cast any spells (made him a spontaneous caster). The cast spell icon goes dark and has yet to come back. I had noticed this in BGEE with v79sd5, but had chalked it up to a corrupt save (tried a BGEE and rested a bunch, but have not seem it yet).

WeiDU.log

Edited by Necromanx2

Hi Subtledoctor, is there something I can do to get the Norther Druids winter wolf his breath weapon and get the Remorhaz his armor and resistance bonuses? I am just about done with BGEE and BG2EE is where those forms will be used (not doing SoD) and was hoping to have them all set to go.
Note that the Northern Druid has been great! Like his spells and abilities.

38 minutes ago, Necromanx2 said:

is there something I can do to get the Norther Druids winter wolf his breath weapon

Can you use NI?

• In your override folder, change the name of "d5drwwlf.spl" to "d5drwwf.spl" (remove the "L")
  • Open d5drwlf3.spl and copy the opcode 171 effect.  Paste the new copy in, and in the new effect, change the resource to "d5drwwf"
  • Open d5drwwf.spl.  There are global effects with opcode 171 and 172; change the resource in both of those to "d5drwwf"
  • Open d5drwwn.spl.  There is a 172 effect; change the resource to "d5drwwf"  (see a pattern here?)

No guarantees that will work - I think it is disabled now because I didn't manage to make it work before.  But it MIGHT work - I see at least one thing I did wrong before, and the above instructions fix that.  Worth a try anyway.

38 minutes ago, Necromanx2 said:

and get the Remorhaz his armor and resistance bonuses?

In NI, open d5drremz.itm and add effects with the resistances and AC bonuses you want, with target = 1 and timing = 2.