Unearthed Arcana present Tome & Blood: more options for arcane casters

As follow-up to the above. I'm in BGEE with TnB v0.9.1 installed.
I find the Arcanist receives memorization slots for 1st and 2nd level spells just like a mage.
3rd and 4th level memorization slots are coming one level later then a mage and thus I have one fewer overall for my level. 
At 7th level Arcanist, I have 4 - 1st lvl, 3 - 2nd lvl, 1 - 3rd lvl and 0 - 4th lvl memorization slots (3rd and 4th should have 2 and 1 slots). This is with 18 INT and the bonus spells for high ability scores installed. So it seems the penalty for 18 INT is taking one too many memorization slots away for 3rd and 4th level spells.

Haven't got that high in level yet to see.

EDIT: I gave myself 2.7 million XP in BGEE (I have a cap remover installed). Stopped before epic feats so I don't crash the game.

Here is what I ended up with at 17th level of Arcanist. 18 INT and bonus spells for high abilities installed.

Spell Level           Memorize Slots          Casts per day

1                             5                                   7

2                             5                                   7

3                             4                                   7

4                             4                                   5

5                             3                                   5

6                             1                                   No spells to memorize

7                             1                                   No spells to memorize

8                             3                                   No spells to memorize

9                             0

Edited by Necromanx2

Now I gave myself 750k XP in BGEE.

Here is what I ended up with at 12th level of Arcanist. 18 INT and bonus spells for high abilities installed.

Spell Level           Memorize Slots          Casts per day

1                             4                                   7

2                             4                                   7

3                             3                                   7

4                             3                                   5

5                             2                                   4

6                             0                                   0

NOTE: If I don't have the bonus spells for high abilities installed I get 4 mem slots for levels 1 through 5 and one slot at 6th (which is what the mage gets).

Edited by Necromanx2

I just some players will do.   

Oh, I see what happened.  A typo meant that the "AP_ABSP1" line was still sneaking into the Arcanist clab table.  If you open d5acnst.2da, there is a line with "XTRA_SPLS    AP_ABSP1..." - just delete that row.  Then things should be sorted out.  Alternatively, you can install version 0.9.2.

Once I fixed that, I installed [TnB Arcanist] - [CDTweaks Un-nerfed Mage Spell Table] - [TnB Ability Score Bonuses], to simulate your setup.  Then I rolled up an Arcanist with 18 INT.  I don't have a functional EET game so I installed them on BG2EE, and set the starting XP to 50K.  So I'm starting at 6th level.  Here's what I find:

Level	1	2	3	4	5	6	7	8	9
mem	4	2	2
cast	7	6	5
mem	4	3	2	1
cast	7	7	5	2
mem	4	3	3	2
cast	7	7	6	3
mem	4	3	3	2	1
cast	7	7	7	3	2
mem	4	4	3	2	2
cast	7	7	7	4	3
mem	4	4	4	3	3
cast	7	7	7	5	4
mem	4	4	4	4	4	1
cast	7	7	7	5	4	2
mem	5	5	5	4	4	2
cast	7	7	7	5	5	3
mem	5	5	5	4	4	2	1
cast	7	7	7	5	5	4	2
mem	5	5	5	5	5	2	1
cast	7	7	7	5	5	5	3
mem	5	5	5	5	5	3	2	2
cast	7	7	7	5	5	5	4	2
mem	5	5	5	5	5	3	3	3
cast	7	7	7	5	5	5	5	3
mem	5	5	5	5	5	3	3	3	2
cast	7	7	7	5	5	5	5	4	2

That is exactly as it should be.  The only weird thing is the extra 8th- and 9th-level memorization slot.  I see why that is happening, but I don't want to fix it until I have a better sense of exactly what the repercussions are.  (The spell that causes that is used in other places/other mods as well.)

Thank you Subtledoctor for the great mod!  I really appreciate all the time and effort you have put in to make such a wonderful addition to the Baldur's Gate trilogy!

I loaded the newest version and gave myself XP. Looks perfect now!
It will be awhile before I am in BG2EE (I don't use EET) so looking forward to the level 8 & 9 memorize slot fix.

Poop.  There seems to be a problem.  Gonna need another hotfix.  Give me a day...

EDIT - to clarify, there is a problem with the way bonus spell slot items like the Ring of Wizardry interact with with the various spontaneous kits.  The items actually work perfectly with e.g. Arcanists and FnP spontaneous clerics; but there is a wonky side-effect when used with normal spellcasters.

I've already written up the fixed version.  Just need to do some playtesting to make sure the fix works.

Edited by subtledoctor

I never noticed that Subtledoctor.

I do use the Evermemory fix that is in the Artisan's Kit pack. This fix simply sets the spells gained by the ring to 4 spells/slots (no doubling). I have it on a Mage/Thief multi-class using it in my present game and seeing no issues using TnB v0.9.2 with bonuses for high abilities installed.

Just wanted to note this in case it makes a difference.

Edited by Necromanx2
1 hour ago, Necromanx2 said:

Wanted to call out something. I notice that my Arcanist is not getting to see area of effect radius for spells, while the NPC mages do got it for the same spells. Is there a way to get the Arcanist so that his spells show AoE when that feature is turned on in game?

Not that I know of.  The Arcanist (and lots and lots of other kits in my mods, like the Mana Sorcerer, MultiSorcerers, Revised Bards, and FnP priests) uses special spells that themselves use opcode 148 or opcode 146 to cast the original spells.  There is no way (AFAIK) to make the outer spells inherit the AoE targeting info from the interior spells.

(I've never actually seen the AoE thing, so it's all the same in my game, anyway. Turn that crutch off and play the game like it was supposed to be played! Go ahead and fry your tanks! Party like it's 1999!)

Edited by subtledoctor

Okay, sorry about that.  I have updated the mod to version 0.9.3 to fix the issues with bonus spell slot items.  This is a fairly important update.  Also, since a bunch of other mods use the same subsystems, I have also updated Scales of Balance (to v5.27), Might & Guile (to v4.9.3), and Faiths & Powers (to v0.79.19) so that everything works in concert.  I highly highly recommend updating all of these mods ASAP.

Happily, the Mana Sorcerer will now get up to 9 bonus mana points - and increased caster level, just like other sorcerers - for having high Charisma, if you use the "Ability-Score-based Bonus Spells" in TnB v0.9.3 or SoB v5.27.  I have also front-loaded the Mana Sorcerer's point accrual a bit through the middle levels.  It now looks like this:

• 2/level through level 5
  • 4/level through level 10
  • 6/level through level 15
  • 8/level through level 20
  • 3/level through level 25

That's 100 points at level 20, and 115 at level 25, plus the CHA bonus.

Whoops, I forgot to mention I made a hotfix for anyone in the middle of a game.  If you are playing right now and don't want to update four different mods, you can just install this little hotfix mod.  It won't fix spellcasters already in your party who are experiencing weirdness from bonus slot items;* but any new NPCs you meet will be safe from the bug.  I can't guarantee 100% that it will work perfectly - the updated mod is a more reliable method, using custom spellstates to selectively target the bonuses - but this hotfix is what I am using in my current game, and it seems to be working for me.

* As far as what the bug is - some casters will get the ability to cast one of every spell of the spell levels affected by the bonus slot items.  If you are affected by the bug, it will be very obvious; if you don't know what I'm talking about, then you aren't affected by it.  But if you are using version 0.9.2, best to install the hotfix so that any NPCs you meet in the future don't become affected by it.

9 hours ago, Guest ront said:

together with Aquadrizzt, would you kindly add the mythic path (as they are planning for Pathfinder: wrath of the righteuos)?

I have no idea what that is, so it is unlikely.

Edited by subtledoctor