Unearthed Arcana present Tome & Blood: more options for arcane casters

hello, i installled a new fresh instalation of BG 1 EE and BG 2 EE and EET aind installed faiths and pantheons, tome and blood, might and guile and will to power, tweaks anthology, viconia revamped, bg 1 unfinished buiseness, bg 2 unfineshed buiseness, baldurs gate romantic quest and enconteurs, baldurs gate mini quests and encounters, baldurs gate 2 romantic quests and encounters, and thats it

when i installed tome and blood, i get the following message:

FATAL ERROR: Sys_error(".\\lang\\en_us\\dialog.tlk: Permission denied")

what i'm doing wrong? please help me

as for the mod, it seens installed anyway, idk if this messages interferes with anything...

my baldurs gate 2 is installed in another directory other than program files along with my steam

WeiDU.log

On 4/27/2022 at 9:26 AM, Enigmajazz said:

I also note that the sorcerer multiclasses have the mage HLAs so I wonder if it is possible to change this so that they have sorcerer HLAs?

I've been going through trying to fix some things, but this one puzzles me. I just re-checked to make sure I'm not crazy, and indeed, the mage HLA table and the sorcerer HLA table are 100% identical. So what this mod does is make multi-sorcerer-specific clones of various abilities on the sorcerer table (SPWI920-930), and put those clones into multi-sorcerer-specific versions of the F/M, C/M, and M/T HLA tables.

Updated to version 0.9.33.

This update fixes the Earthen Grasp innate cantrip. (Finally!) It also improves multiclass sorcerer HLA tables, especially when Refinements HLAs are installed. It also improves the 'Innate Metamagic' components and makes sure that Chain Contingency will be available to the appropriate kits as an HLA. It also modifies the Shadow Clone and Invisible Stalker spells in the Spell Tweaks components (mostly just the superficial visual aspects of them).

Guest Dawnrider

Hey,

have the issues in multiplayer (ability selection screen doesn't grant them) been solved by any chance? If not, is there still a chance it might happen in the future?

3 hours ago, Bronzie said:

In 0.9.33 a lot of the components in TomeAndBlood.tp2 seem to be commented out (e.g. Rebalanced Spell Schools) and so are skipped during installation. Is this intended?

No, it is a result of my idiocy. Fixed in 0.9.33.1, you’ll have to re-download. Sorry!

Not to worry, I guessed you'd commented them while debugging and forgot to put it back. Thank you for uploading the fixed version!

The new bit about improved refinements HLA compatibility in this version got me wondering - do you recommend a specific load order for refinements when used with your mods? I've always installed them as:

1. Tome and Blood
  2. Might and Guile
  3. Refinements
  4. Scales of Balance

but I've never thought too hard about whether that was correct until now. Would refinements be better off before T&B?

2 hours ago, Bronzie said:

Cheers, I'll update my install order. Thanks again for keeping your mods up to date - they're pretty much the core mods for my playthroughs these days.

If it helps, this list is what controls my own install orders. It's a bit jumbled when you glance at it, because it includes both BGEE, SoD, and BG2EE mods and is designed to handle each of those games separately. But the kits/tweaks section (from line ~230 on) is pretty straightforward.

12 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

If it helps, this list is what controls my own install orders. It's a bit jumbled when you glance at it, because it includes both BGEE, SoD, and BG2EE mods and is designed to handle each of those games separately. But the kits/tweaks section (from line ~230 on) is pretty straightforward.

Thanks, I'll have another read through that. I actually based my load order partly on that one and partly on the list from here and where they conflicted I just guessed as to the right order! In fairness I've encountered v few issues to date from my installs but it's always good to improve the load order when I can!

Guest Raudskeggr

It looks like either one of the three kits breaks mage item restrictions.  I did three separate EET installs to narrow it down to that; I suspect it is the Magus component that is the culprit.  

45 minutes ago, Guest Raudskeggr said:

It looks like either one of the three kits breaks mage item restrictions.  I did three separate EET installs to narrow it down to that; I suspect it is the Magus component that is the culprit.  

Not breaks. It is a kit that can cast spells in armor; to do that, you beed to put on armor. So armor has to be equippable. But only thus kit can cast spells with armor on, other mages cannot. 

Guest Dawnrider
On 5/22/2022 at 1:09 PM, Guest Dawnrider said:

Hey,

have the issues in multiplayer (ability selection screen doesn't grant them) been solved by any chance? If not, is there still a chance it might happen in the future?

Sorry for asking again, but I think this one got lost in the conversation.

22 hours ago, Guest Dawnrider said:

Sorry for asking again, but I think this one got lost in the conversation.

Huh. I can't figure out what is going on here. There seems to be an issue with way the spell-learning mechanism works - it seems to operate differently in single-player vs. multiplayer games? I don't know how or why that would be. I'll tag @kjeron since he created it. Here are steps to reproduce:

• Install Tome & Blood, only component #80 (multiclass sorcerers)

Start a single-player game in BG2EE,

• Create a fighter/mage with the fighter/sorcerer kit.
  • Initialize sorcerer casting with the innate ability if it didn't happen automatically.
  • Use the item ability to choose three spells. In my test I chose Sleep, PW:Sleep, and Detect Illusion.
  • Cast the spells at Imoen. They all seem to work fine.

Now start a multiplayer game with one PC,

• Create an identical fighter/sorcerer.
  • Initialize sorcerer casting if necessary, then use the backpack icon to choose spells again.
  • In my test, using the spell-choice ability created a "sequencer active" portrait icon and the most recent spell chosen showed up as a sequencer instead of a spell.
  • So, after choosing all three spells I could cast Sleep and PW:Sleep as expected, but I could not cast Detect Illusion and it appeared to be an active sequencer in the spellbook screen.
  • I didn't test further but I expect that if I learned a 4th spell, then Detect Illusion would go into my spellbook and the 4th spell would become an active sequencer.