BGT Music 1.08

Nathan82

Hello

Is 'BGT Music 1.08' still used by people?

It's in the newest Big World Project (v18.2)  but i cant find anywhere to download it from. (I've checked my old mods folder and looked in the mod file in BWS to see if there was a link there but it just says 'manual' (yes i know BWS isnt used/supported but thought it might have a link to download the mod))

So, basically, does it work and is it recommended? And if so does anyone have a link to where i could download it from?

Thanks

The BGT Music -mod is included in BGT-weidu ... yes, it's "made" during the install process. As in, the setup-BGT.exe is copied and renamed as setup-bgtmusic.exe ... and the BGT folder includes the setup-bgtmusic.tp2 file, that is moved to a separate folder ... if my memory persists.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Yes, the BGT music exe is created when BGT is installed. Meaning, you execute the setup-BGT.exe, and when it's done you'll find the setup BGT music.exe in your game folder.

I recommend using it, because if you don't, the music in the BG1 part is off. (For example: inside the Temple of Helm in Nashkel you'll hear a jolly joyful tavern music. I mean, it might make a nice flavor, but it doesn't really fit...)

Thanks both, that makes sense.

But now i have another question. Im using Project Infinity to install a load of mods. Using BWP 18.2 guide as reference for install sequnce

As BGT Music has its own entry in the bwp guide, would i need to put a line in the installation sequence?

eg - bgtmusic:2:Full Baldur's Gate/Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal Music

Or will i just have to keep an eye on the install and make relevant selection when prompted?

Thanks

@Nathan82 The code/mod structure of the BGT mod prevents installing "BGT Graphical user Interface" because there is no tp2 file for such mod until you actually install "BGT" mod itself. You can use:

GUI:1:"Baldur's Gate Trilogy" (Elminster wielding sword)

for install sequence or you can preform this steps:

- install BGT once
- copy "GUI_Mods" folder and "Setup-GUI.tp2" file from game directory into "Extracted mods" folder, relative where the main "BGT" folder exist

PI should now see "BGT Graphical user Interface" mod components.

To overcome this issue at the root of the problem, all I can do is to offer necessary changes to @skellytz if he is interested.

Edited by AL|EN

@AL|EN thanks for that. Ill include it in next PI install.

I know I've asked in another post as well but thought id ask again. BWP fixpack. Is there a way PI can get it to run? Only way i can run it without using BWInstall is by editing the batch cut. I just cut the first bit out which checks for bwinstall, very crude i know but it mostly works. I run it in the extracted mods folder prior to starting PI install. Im not convinced it does everything though as when its run as part of a bwp install it seems to do more, might just be me though. Any ideas? Thanks