Question about posible mod

I had an idea for a mod about fighting style bonuses but it rellies in something I have never seen before. I wanted to post it here in hopes people who works with the items code knows if its posible, or if I just should give up on it.

Is it posible to make a buckler count as "single weapon style" when equiped? I would like to have a style that works either by having a single one handed weapon equiped, or such weapon and a buckler. This style would be diferent than having a weapon plus a bigger shield or two weapons. Given the case, it could also be paired with other items such as harps, books, etc.

Anyone knows if it can be done? Or are items and styles so hardcoded into the game that there's no way to make it work without some loopholes in it?

It could maybe be done in the EE engine...

Anything in the shield slot triggers S&S bonuses, atuomatically, unless it is a weapon in which case it automatically triggers DW bonuses.  That';s totally hard-coded, there is no stopping it.  You would have to code all bucklers to 1) remove the S&S bonuses, and 2) replicate the SWS bonuses.  It's way easier to do stuff with shields than with weapons - with weapons, you have to worry about whether they are equipped in the main-hand or off-hand slots, and whether you want the equipping effects to stack, and in what order the weapons are equipped, and whether the weapons were equipped via the inventory screen or the main game screen... I've done it, and I don't want to ever do it again, it gives me shivers just thinking about it.

Shields are easier to mess with... it would still be finicky though.