SR V4 Beta 18

Mike1072

1 hour ago, subtledoctor said:

As far as what to do about this: this is not my area of expertise.  Would I be correct in assuming that it is preferable to give SPWI107 two different IDS entries, vs. changing the one created by SR?

No, there's no need to adjust any of the code that interacts with spell.ids on behalf of SR.  It can all be removed.

SCS added identifiers because SR didn't have them; that's no longer the case.

What needs to be changed are the places in the SCS codebase that reference the "unofficial" identifiers added by SCS.  Those identifiers can be replaced with the official identifiers added by SR.  This is the search/replace I was referring to.

Example: the places that refer to WIZARD_MONSTER_SUMMONING_SR_1 (weak_summons.ssl and easy.ssl) should be changed to refer to WIZARD_MONSTER_SUMMONING_LEVEL_1.

Ah.  Well, when I commented out the SCS IDS changes, it got through 'Initialize AI,' 'General AI,' and 'Better Calls for Help,' then it choked on 'Smarter Mages' with the above-mentioned mismatch.  At a glance, I'd say the WIZARD_MONSTER_SUMMONING and CLERIC_ANIMAL_SUMMONING spells will need to be replaced.  Maybe only those!

17 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

These are the mismatches in spell_rev_ids.tpa:

1118 => CLERIC_GOODBERRY_DRUID_VERSION
  1120 => CLERIC_ANIMAL_SUMMONING_SR_1
  1220 => CLERIC_ANIMAL_SUMMONING_SR_2
  1320 => CLERIC_ANIMAL_SUMMONING_SR_3
  2226 => WIZARD_MONSTER_SUMMONING_SR_2
  2107 => WIZARD_MONSTER_SUMMONING_SR_1

...and possibly REPLACE_TEXTUALLY "2610\(%TAB%\| \)+.*$" "2610 WIZARD_MONSTER_SUMMONING_4_INACTIVE", but I don't know what SPWI610 is or why it'd be included for SR which doesn't use SPWI610.

Yeah, my post last page showed what the mismatches were. 3 Animal Summonings, 2 Monster Summonings, and level 1 Goodberries. I went through all of the entries listed in the SR file and those were the only mismatches.

Edited by Bartimaeus

https://github.com/Gibberlings3/SwordCoastStratagems/pull/13

I created a pull request with the fixed files. Searched through all of SCS via Notepad's "find in files" for the maligned ids entries, and these were the only ones.

(e): Only...now Smarter Mages chokes when installing on (at least) an SR game. Huh. Glad I decided to actually test it. Let's see if I can figure it out...

(e again): I thought I maybe went too hard on the always.tph file (which calls for the spell_rev_ids file), but restoring that block and stripping out only the call for that table didn't fix it. The error is:

Appended text to [weidu_external/data/stratagems/illegal_wizard_spells.txt]
ERROR: cannot convert %WIZARD_MONSTER_SUMMONING_SR_1_LEVEL% or %%WIZARD_MONSTER_SUMMONING_SR_1_LEVEL%% to an integer
ERROR: [AMCST04.CRE] -> [override/AMCST04.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

I tried doing a complete search of the SCS directory for any references for "WIZARD_MONSTER_SUMMONING_SR_1_LEVEL", but was not able to find a single reference.

Edited by Bartimaeus
8 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Yeah, my post last page showed what the mismatches were. 3 Animal Summonings, 2 Monster Summonings, and level 1 Goodberries. I went through all of the entries listed in the SR file and those were the only mismatches.

Ah - I had thought you were talking about the resref=>ids name mismatches in the .tpa file. Didn’t realize you were two steps ahead of me!

6 hours ago, Mike1072 said:

It looks like they are also referenced in some .2da files that contain the identifiers minus the WIZARD_ or CLERIC_ prefix.

Good golly, I forgot how long SCS takes to install. I fixed that issue and now I'm running through installing it again, takes bloody forever.

~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spell Revisions: v4 Beta 18
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1500 // Include arcane spells from Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition: v32.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1510 // Include divine spells from Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition: v32.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): v32.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v32.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v32.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6030 // Smarter Mages: v32.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Smarter Priests: v32.7

I was able to successfully able to install this on BG2EE with no errors or warnings. (Note that the first commit removed the SR chunk entirely from the always.tph, but it was restored minus the additional file call in the third commit.)

https://github.com/Gibberlings3/SwordCoastStratagems/pull/14

Edited by Bartimaeus
1 hour ago, Mike1072 said:

I believe the chunk in always.tph can be removed entirely (the surrounding code seems designed to ensure it is only executed once).

Just remember to keep in mind that there are cases where not all of the components are installed, nor in designated order, nor in the same install spots nor with same instructions.

Guest Soulfury

How do you disable updates to certain spells? I tried using notepad for spell_rev/setup-spell_rev.tp2 but it doesn't list the spells; this only has the components to install and not the individual spells. 

1 hour ago, Guest Soulfury said:

How do you disable updates to certain spells? I tried using notepad for spell_rev/setup-spell_rev.tp2 but it doesn't list the spells; this only has the components to install and not the individual spells. 

main_component.tpa under spell_rev\components. Be warned that you may run into problems depending on exactly what you modify.

Guest Soulfury
10 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

main_component.tpa under spell_rev\components. Be warned that you may run into problems depending on exactly what you modify.

Thank you! I see all the spells now. The only thing I wanted to modify is make conjure fire elemental for druids back to its pre-nerf level which means longer duration (turn/level as with updates its 1 turn + 1 round/level) and possibility to summon 24 HD variant. So wanted to disable this change.