SR V4 Beta 18

Mike1072

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, grodrigues said:

My own opinion is that Imprisonment should simply be excised from the spellbooks. It is the ultimate eff you spell if used against the player and a rather cheap way to get rid of a powerful enemy, assuming it is not immune to it. As Bartimeus pointed out, there is really no good way to balance this mess.

In SRR, I added an option that gives a -6 saving throw penalty to resist it, so at the very least it IS resistable although you're not very likely to do so (though a little more if you have a bunch of saving throws+ items/spells on). It really is a dumb...but unfortunately iconic spell.

Edited by Bartimaeus
Guest ColdFiltered
On 5/28/2021 at 4:35 AM, Bartimaeus said:

I played around with a number of things for SRR, but I was never able to figure out a proper solution for Imprisonment's mechanics. Restoring the original behavior breaks character dialogues if cast on party members OR ends the game instantly if cast on the PC - that really sucks. Permanent maze makes it so that you can't leave the area or even rest (I think?) without kicking the character out of your party - also not acceptable. Simply killing the character instead sort of solves the biggest issues, but it feels so crappy and doesn't allow you to counter it in a sensible way. What's the solution? ...I don't know.

Could just make it a maze effect only that is very long (like 12 hours in game?).  You can use a scroll of freedom, or rest and memorize one.  If you forgot to bring a scroll and don't have lvl 9 spells yet you can just wait it out so your game isn't broken.  That's obviously exploitable, but better than a death with no possible recourse. 

On 5/28/2021 at 10:35 AM, Bartimaeus said:

I played around with a number of things for SRR, but I was never able to figure out a proper solution for Imprisonment's mechanics. Restoring the original behavior breaks character dialogues if cast on party members OR ends the game instantly if cast on the PC - that really sucks. Permanent maze makes it so that you can't leave the area or even rest (I think?) without kicking the character out of your party - also not acceptable. Simply killing the character instead sort of solves the biggest issues, but it feels so crappy and doesn't allow you to counter it in a sensible way. What's the solution? ...I don't know.

My understanding of the current implementation: The spell Imprisonment starts a timer. When the timer reaches a threshold, the affected character dies.

The spell Freedom should stop this timer (in addition to freeing the victim from the maze).

2 hours ago, Lianos said:

My understanding of the current implementation: The spell Imprisonment starts a timer. When the timer reaches a threshold, the affected character dies.

The spell Freedom should stop this timer (in addition to freeing the victim from the maze).

SRR's Freedom already does - I don't know about SR's.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.