[UI] Lefreut's enhanced UI (BGEE, SoD, BG2EE and EET)

23 hours ago, Guest Nym said:

I have a problem with my GUI. After installed all the mods i want, i started a character creation and the screen is like this

Baldr002.png 

The reason is because i added one of the extra tweaks from EEUItweaks that edit the portrait selection (billiyank, mr1250 ecc.) with LefreutUI and maybe is kind of uncompatible. I got confused because i wanted Lefreutportraitpicker but i think was already in the core, but i also thought if i would choose one of the others portrait selector mod, they would have overwrited it. But now is like the screenshot, and there are no portrait and button dont work. I have to do altf4 to exit the game. Is there a way to fix it? maybe deleting some files in override? i tried to reinstall LefreutUI mod (the core one) but the weidu uninstall me other mods and give me errors, i think because it has to respect the mod installation order.

This is my weidu file Weidu

Hello,

I never really try to install a portrait picker tweak on top of LeUI so I don't know if it used to work and a patch broke it or if it never worked. I will need to check if I can fix this or if I will have to mark these as incompatible with LeUI.

Instead od reinstalling LeUI, you could try to use weidu to uninstall the EEUItweaks components, it may work better. If it doesn't work, unfortunately the easiest is probably to start again from a fresh install (all the UI is in one big file so it's not easy to manually revert it).

Hi @lefreut I did some edits for six pages. Button areas for the load/save screen and journal page, for the inventory quite a few small edits around slot boxes, for the priest and mage book pages the first and last number area and the line above. That one is maybe more of a preference thing, it just bugs me to have the numbers biting at the background with their edges. The spacing for some of the numbers has also been modified by a pixel or two, so I'm attaching the ui.menu as well. The ui.menu has changes for three pages: those two and the inventory page slot locations, to match as the backpack inventory spacing before editing the background.

For the options page, I've made the vertical bar more integrated, but I'm not sure if it's better. Before it seemed pasted to me but it faded more to the background, which is probably better. For the buttons and the space between them, probably a matter of taste as well. Individual sockets don't look too bad, but the difference isn't big, so maybe not worth doing all the other pages with a gap between the buttons (other options pages, world map, etc).

These are the main things I wanted to touch up.

Sd6tdlg.png

And here are the edited files:

Spoiler

nnPBPQN.png

rflGoJl.png

7dduzcd.png

saLEew9.png

bXSJCTG.png

NM4kVqF.png

UI.zip

@lefreut This mod looks awesome! I'm doing my first BG playthrough in over a decade (so first time with EE and using most of these mods). I'm doing EET, but I also love the idea of UI progression over the course of the games. I'm using Project Infinity to try to do my install and setup.

The thing I'm a little confused about: if I wanted to achive UI progression (start with BG1 UI, switch to SoD UI when I hit that content, etc) how would I do this? I get the sense that I can't install all the skins simultaneously. Do I need to manually "switch" (uninstall/reinstall some stuff) when I hit SoD? Do I need to install them outside of Project Infinity? Any advice would be appreciated :)

It's not a good idea to switch UI mods on the run. Many mods include UI edits which need to be installed after the UI mods themselves afterall, so switching between skins isn't that easy and full UI revamps shouldn't be installed after everything else. Choose one variant, install it early in your order and stick to it.

The error is likely stemming from a wrong install, but you didn't included a weidu.log so there's literally nothing one can do here.

Okay, good news: I had to do a fresh install for other reasons, so while I was at it, I removed a few EEUI tweaks (progress bar tweaks, transparent sidebars) and that seems to have fixed the issue - my guess is transparent sidebars was intefering.

Bad news: I assumed that the screenshots were aligned to the downlaod order, so that the middle option was SoD (listed 2nd out of 3). But apparently SoD is the third picture (black style), not the second (blue-and-gold) like I thought. Before I do another fresh install from scratch, can we confirm which one is the blue-and-gold one? Is that BG2?

(Note: I'm colorblind, so if those colors are not blue/gold, please excuse the error)

Edited by Aerothorn
35 minutes ago, Aerothorn said:

Bad news: I assumed that the screenshots were aligned to the downlaod order, so that the middle option was SoD (listed 2nd out of 3). But apparently SoD is the third picture (black style), not the second (blue-and-gold) like I thought. Before I do another fresh install from scratch, can we confirm which one is the blue-and-gold one? Is that BG2?

Sorry about that, the download links are in game order BG1EE - SoD - BG2EE, the screenshot order is BG2EE - BG1EE - SoD.

Oh man. I'm unreasonably impatient and already started installing the BG2 one so hey, that's cool, I like that design as well :D

Understand why you'd assume the modder would actually know what these gmaes look like, I just have a truly terrible visual memory and it's been about 14 years since my last play :)

Thanks for all your work!

Hello @lefreut, I see that this mod allows multiple stealing on Store screen. Can you please elaborate a little how this work regarding steal checks, is this just convenience tweak or stealing multiple things at once increases risk of being caught? I seen that you answered similar question in Beamdog forums unfortunately your reply was deleted ( good gracious, if they have already ostracized you they didn't have to delete every single line from you to add salt to injury , I see that is the case with Doc too). 

2 hours ago, Greenhorn said:

Hello @lefreut, I see that this mod allows multiple stealing on Store screen. Can you please elaborate a little how this work regarding steal checks, is this just convenience tweak or stealing multiple things at once increases risk of being caught? I seen that you answered similar question in Beamdog forums unfortunately your reply was deleted ( good gracious, if they have already ostracized you they didn't have to delete every single line from you to add salt to injury , I see that is the case with Doc too). 

It's a convenience tweak, it's the same as if you manually try to steal each item one after the other.

Off Topic: I delete some of my posts before 'leaving' the other forum.

I'm not necessarily requesting you do it, but I figure you're one to most likely know if it's possible:

For the hair/skin/etc color selections, can the selection be a large static box, and Left and Right arrows used to scroll the entire palette under it? 

What's the etiquette on tagging? @lefreut just in case the following discussion about BD's forums buries this. 

Edited by Awachi