[UI] Lefreut's enhanced UI (BGEE, SoD, BG2EE and EET)

5 minutes ago, Graion Dilach said:

The GDPR provides EU citizens a "right to forget". Your personal opinion is irrelevant in this scenario, if a site intends to be reachable from the EU, it needs to accept content takedown requests of such kind.

Gulp, all... all right :D, just meant that as consequence much valuable information which can help average player can be lost but fine by me.  

19 hours ago, Awachi said:

I'm not necessarily requesting you do it, but I figure you're one to most likely know if it's possible:

For the hair/skin/etc color selections, can the selection be a large static box, and Left and Right arrows used to scroll the entire palette under it? 

What's the etiquette on tagging? @lefreut just in case the following discussion about BD's forums buries this. 

It depends on what you are trying to do. It should be possible to have arrows to cycle through the different colors and have a box with the current color. But as far as I know, you can't have a box that individually shows any other color. The only way to see all the possible colors is with the slider that shows all of them at the same time.

On 4/28/2022 at 7:25 AM, stonemoo said:

Excuse me, there is no way to use the original list-style spell book interface?

LeUI overwrites everything so if you install it it will change all screens. If you only want a subset you can use EEUITweaks to only install the components you like.

If you follow the Infinity Engine discord, you may have seen that I've been working for a few days on an attempt of reproduction one of the original BG2 interface fonts.

unknown.pngunknown.png this one

Maybe you would be interested in adding it as an option in your mod.

T3kniTX.png

It's far from perfect because reproducing such a low-resolution font is subject to interpretation and choice of style (rounded or sharp corners, pixel style or not) but I think it could be interesting for some people.

For the moment I have only made an English version of the font. I still have to take care of languages like French or German with their different accents. One thing is for sure, I won't be able to handle other languages with a non-Latin alphabet.

WillScarlettOhara/BG2-UI-Font: Attempt to reproduce the original Baldur's Gate 2 user interface font (github.com)

I also share the birdfont (an open-source software) work file if others want to take over my work or join in. ;)

@Leilu any chance you’d give a try to the dialog-window font from the original BG1 as well? I love that font and I can’t seem to find it anywhere—it would be amazing if it could be made into a TTF for use with the Enhanced Editions!

@Andrea C.I bought BGEE on Steam so I don't have like with my Gog version of BG2EE the possibility to download the original version of BG1.

It seemed to me that the dialog window font had been well redone by Beamdog. Is it another one in BG1 compared to BG2 or did I compare wrongly the two fonts in BG2 and BG2EE?

@Leilu BG1 had a different font for dialog compared to BG2the font BG2 kept and used for dialog was exclusive to item descriptions, journal entries, and the character record in BG1.

I could probably send you the BAM that contains it; dropping it in the override folder for classic BG2 should make the game use it for dialog. I’m out of town until tomorrow night but I can send it when I’m back.

Edited by Andrea C.