[UI] Lefreut's enhanced UI (BGEE, SoD, BG2EE and EET)

Guest Rhastor

I tried adding this on a new BG:EE install, because what they have done to the spellbooks is an absolute atrocity. I only installed the spellbook component through EEUITweaks, and it seems to have no effect whatsoever, on either an existing save or a new game. The new EE spellbook stays the way it is. Is this mod still supported?

@lefreut Preparing my EET install with your GUI as usual.

I would like to tweak one aspect of the UI : For me the portraits on the right side of the screen look too small.

I have been checking how it looks when using  the scale user interface from the graphic options. The portraits get bigger (maybe just a little too big) but i don't like the result.

Is there any easy solution to have larger portraits on LeUI ?

12 hours ago, Mordekaie said:

@lefreut Preparing my EET install with your GUI as usual.

I would like to tweak one aspect of the UI : For me the portraits on the right side of the screen look too small.

I have been checking how it looks when using  the scale user interface from the graphic options. The portraits get bigger (maybe just a little too big) but i don't like the result.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/723397/#Comment_723397

You may check the UI Edit Mode (F11) in this thread

I used that function to tweak this UI mod when I played IWD1EE last year, making the portrait in the dialogue box larger:

Spoiler

51687247867_1dc2392819_k.jpg

I believe you can do something similar for what you want

Edited by xiaoleiwen
On 8/5/2022 at 2:33 AM, Mordekaie said:

There is no component to automatically change this.

You can use the UI Edit mode to change things in game or you can tweak the UI.menu file.

On 8/5/2022 at 3:04 PM, xiaoleiwen said:

I used that function to tweak this UI mod when I played IWD1EE last year, making the portrait in the dialogue box larger:

The dialog box have bigger portraits now but only the BG skins, I forgot to make the change for LeUI-IWDEE.

Guest Morgoth

Please, consider adding an option to "restore" the original position of "back" and "go further". Your UI is probably my preferite one, but I feel pretty strongly towards the new buttons and so I'm not currently using it and I'm looking for other avenues (e.g: Tipun's GUI). I also like your UI more than Dragonspear.

Note: I discovered that I posted the message in the wrong topic, here: 

Guest Drakar

So I consider this mod an absolute must have. Haven't played the game without it ever since the whole Beamdog UI redesign. I do have one minor complaint that I hope you can take a look at (as always, nothing in this world is perfect). When pressing ESC and chosing to quit the game, you are given 3 options. To save, go to the main menu or cancel. This is different from the unmodded UI where you instead have 4 options. The fourth being quit which just cleanly exits the game.

What this means in practice is that you need a 3 additional clicks to quit the game since you have to go through the main menu. It's not a big deal by any means, but it is a minor recurring annoyance.

Guest Vnavekul

Hi, lefreut. Playing Baldur's Gate again (right now on my Steam Deck). 2 years ago or something, there was a bug with dialogue text changing size sometimes in the UI. Is that bug still present? Because I think I've caught it again.

Also, could it be possible to just make the text in the message log bigger, and nowhere else. So only dialogue and message log. That's the only text that looks a bit too small on the Steam Deck, and I don't like the rest of the UI's text oversized.

Thanks in advance for any tips or updates. :) Deck is 1280x800.

On 8/20/2022 at 8:49 PM, Guest Vnavekul said:

Hi, lefreut. Playing Baldur's Gate again (right now on my Steam Deck). 2 years ago or something, there was a bug with dialogue text changing size sometimes in the UI. Is that bug still present? Because I think I've caught it again.

It's still present as it's something that I can't fix on my side.

On 8/20/2022 at 8:49 PM, Guest Vnavekul said:

Also, could it be possible to just make the text in the message log bigger, and nowhere else. So only dialogue and message log. That's the only text that looks a bit too small on the Steam Deck, and I don't like the rest of the UI's text oversized.

Thanks in advance for any tips or updates. :) Deck is 1280x800.

With the current version, not easily as it uses the same style as a lot of other text.