[UI] Lefreut's enhanced UI (BGEE, SoD, BG2EE and EET)

Hello, been trying the mod. I like it, but I would like to be able to personalize it.

1) How can I restore the buttons "ok, go back" to their original position?
2) The ui jump to the latest text when any is added. Can this be changed, and if yes, how?

All the rest is pretty much perfect.

On 9/18/2021 at 9:30 AM, Guest Morgoth said:

Hello, been trying the mod. I like it, but I would like to be able to personalize it.

1) How can I restore the buttons "ok, go back" to their original position?
2) The ui jump to the latest text when any is added. Can this be changed, and if yes, how?

All the rest is pretty much perfect.

1) There is no built-in option to do that so sadly there is no easy solution.

2) I don't think so.

Say, is the Quit button in the dialog that pops open when you press "Quit Game" in the ESC-menu missing on purpose? I think that is rather a inconvenient change. The code section from UI.menu in question is in the spoiler.

Spoiler

button
    {
        bam STARTMBT
        sequence 1
        area 32 354 236 84
        pad 10 8 10 8
        text style "button"
        text "QUIT_GAME_BUTTON"
        action
        "
            popup3Button(16456,
            'CANCEL_BUTTON', nil,
            'MAIN_MENU_BUTTON', function() optionsScreen:QuitGame() end,
            'SAVE_BUTTON', function() optionsScreen:SaveGame(0) end
            )
        "
    }

Cheers, Raimn

@lefreut Hey this mod is fantastic I just had a couple of questions:

1. You have a BG, BG2, and SOD skin for this mod - any chance of creating an Icewind Dale skin as well? That would be awesome.
  2. Is there any way to restore the chat window to its original settings? The text is not as smooth in the mod.

Thank you for your time!

On 10/4/2021 at 1:07 PM, raimn said:

Say, is the Quit button in the dialog that pops open when you press "Quit Game" in the ESC-menu missing on purpose? I think that is rather a inconvenient change. The code section from UI.menu in question is in the spoiler.

Reveal hidden contents

button
    {
        bam STARTMBT
        sequence 1
        area 32 354 236 84
        pad 10 8 10 8
        text style "button"
        text "QUIT_GAME_BUTTON"
        action
        "
            popup3Button(16456,
            'CANCEL_BUTTON', nil,
            'MAIN_MENU_BUTTON', function() optionsScreen:QuitGame() end,
            'SAVE_BUTTON', function() optionsScreen:SaveGame(0) end
            )
        "
    }

Cheers, Raimn

It's by design as I reuse the texture from vanilla BG2 that only have three slots for buttons.

On 10/24/2021 at 7:59 AM, Endarire said:

@lefreut
I generally preferred your UI to 2.5's, but I have these requests as install options:

-Swap the positions of the left and right buttons (accept/cancel, etc.) to EE 2.5 standards.

-Use the EE 2.5 spell preparation interface.

Thankee!

LeUI was designed to be a full UI overwrite. Any new customization option is a lot of work.

20 hours ago, Baptor said:

@lefreut Hey this mod is fantastic I just had a couple of questions:

1. You have a BG, BG2, and SOD skin for this mod - any chance of creating an Icewind Dale skin as well? That would be awesome.
  2. Is there any way to restore the chat window to its original settings? The text is not as smooth in the mod.

Thank you for your time!

1. I have a UI mod for Icewind Dale. But if you mean Icewind Dale skin for BG(2)EE, it's probably too much work for not a lot of people using it.

2. Same answer as for Endarine.

On 1/18/2022 at 6:28 PM, DmxDex said:

Why do journal entries repeat themselves? for example listening to rumours. The same rumour will pop up again on the journal after its already had an entry. With the default UI in EE this doesnt happen.

The same thing is happening to me.  I wrote about it on the Beamdog forum some time ago.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1062026#Comment_1062026

At the beginning of the game underground. When I come across gnomes and kill them, a conversation with Imoen takes place. Immediately after the interview, two identical entries appear in the journal. As shown in the picture from the attached link. Can anyone advise where the mistake is. This does not happen in the basic diary of the game.