[UI] EEUITweaks Mod Collection (All EEs)

Guest Glaykith

I confirmed that the issue reproduces for me with a minimal mod set (i.e., just the core component from LeUI-SoD and the Faydark auto-roller component from EEUITweaks).

I also confirmed that going back to EEUITweaks v3.4.1 clears the issue for me. The pointer still gets noticeably sluggish when auto-rolling (except for Ranger, which I don't understand), but the buttons remain reasonably responsive.

I compared the code for the two versions and I found that I can restore button responsiveness by re-adding the "RerollFrame" logic inside UpdateAutoRoll() from v3.4.1. It looks like this acts as a rate-limiter of sorts.

Here's the diff, if you're interested:

Spoiler

--- chargenabilitiesmenu6.menu.orig     2020-06-09 12:46:46.000000000 -0400
+++ chargenabilitiesmenu6.menu  2020-07-18 23:33:33.675519500 -0400
@@ -54,14 +54,22 @@
        end
 end

+RerollFrame = 0
 storedTotalRoll = 0
 storedExceptionalStrength = 0
 function UpdateAutoRoll()
        if rolling == 1 then
-               local index = 1
-               for index = 1, 1000, 1 do
-                       createCharScreen:OnAbilityReRollButtonClick()
-                       StoreIfBest( )
+               RerollFrame = RerollFrame + 1
+               if RerollFrame > 1 then
+                       RerollFrame = 0
+               end
+
+               if RerollFrame == 0 then
+                       local index = 1
+                       for index = 1, 1000, 1 do
+                               createCharScreen:OnAbilityReRollButtonClick()
+                               StoreIfBest( )
+                       end
                end
        end
 end

Well v3.5.1 was buggy due to a copy/paste error.

I have released v3.6 with the correct fix and with some other fixes based on feedback by @Caedwyr.

• Fix in Faydark's Autoroller.
  • Fix lefreut's Keep Dialog Box active after death.
  • Make lefreut's Character Creation Screens compatible with SCS Thieves assign skill points in multiples of five.
  • lefreut's Inscribed Arcana: Tweak contingency screen.
  • lefreut's Character Creation Screens: Disable cancel in HLA screen.
On 7/19/2020 at 1:35 AM, lefreut said:

Faydark auto-roller is very CPU intensive. I guess depending on your hardware it can cause some problems.

I have re-added this piece of code in v3.5.1. Thanks for the information.

I discovered that the auto-roller has different performance depending on if stat penalties are applied or not during character creation.  With the number of calculations the autoroller is crunching, adding multiple stat penalties on each one makes sense that it causes some hanging on slower systems.

If possible, a less CPU intensive way of dealing with stat penalties is to only apply them once the roller stops, since the roller is just looking for the highest score.  However, I'm not sure if the game engine is set up in a way to allow this optimization.

Hello, everybody.

First, infinite thanks to all modders from this and all communities. You are all awesome!

@lefreut Before reporting what it could be a bug in this mod (or not), I must disclose that I'm under Linux with the latest game versions from GOG. I don't know if the anomaly that I describe bellow can be reproduced on Windows.

When installing the Leveling Progress Bars Options (see image) and lefreut's Customize Screens Tweaks (see image) components under BGEE with SoD, the checkboxes for toggling options on/off are rendered wrong.

After some tinkering (and a lot of hair-pulling!! LOL), I managed to find the culprits. The two bugged components have their images defined like so:

--
{
    area        0 8 -1 -1
    bam         ROUNDBUT
    align       center center
    frame       lua "progBarOptionsToggles[rowNumber][3]"
}
--
{
    area    20 4 -1 -1
    bam     ROUNDBUT
    align   left center
    frame   lua "scriptOptions[rowNumber][4]"
}

Looking at the content of the ui.menu file for how other checkboxes are defined, I made the following changes:

Part 2 (¬¬)

--
{
    area        0 8 32 32
    bam         ROUNDBUT
    scaleToClip
    frame       lua "progBarOptionsToggles[rowNumber][3]"
}
--
{
    area    20 4 32 32
    bam     ROUNDBUT
    scaleToClip
    frame   lua "scriptOptions[rowNumber][4]"
}

After these changes both components' checkboxes where rendered correctly. See images lefreut's Customize Screens Tweaks fixed and Leveling Progress Bars Options fixed.

As a side note, I checked the BG2EE with ToB ui.menu file for how the checkboxes are defined and I found out that they are defined using a combination of scaleToClip, align center center or align left center with fixed and automatic sizes and all checkboxes are rendered correctly for this game no matter how they are defined.

I created a commit in my fork of the mod with the changes that I describe above. It modifies the files EEUITweaks/menu/ProgressBar/progressbaroptions.menu and EEUITweaks/menu/lefreutCustomizeScreensTweaks/ScriptMenu2.menu that I assume (by reading the .tp2 and .tpa files) are the ones used when installing the mod in a SoD game. If it's useful for you for me to create a pull request, just say the word. But know that I can't test the changes in any other game setup than BGEE and BG2EE.

P.S.: Attached WeiDU log.

setup-eeuitweaks.debug

Edited by Odyseus
Guest Anonymous

lefreut, I think the WeiDU could use a little more description on installing your journal tweaks to let the user know that it is a ui screen change. Also, I would like to know what box 5 (dialog box) override does.

Yes the description/documentation are not very good but it's very time consuming (and also kind of boring) to write good ones. And now that I no longer actively maintain my mods, it most likely will not change.

Box 5 change the texture of the dialog box.

7 minutes ago, lefreut said:

Yes the description/documentation are not very good but it's very time consuming (and also kind of boring) to write good ones. And now that I no longer actively maintain my mods, it most likely will not change.

Box 5 change the texture of the dialog box.

Do you plan to update your mods after patch 2.6 release, if needed? New patches have a bad habit of screwing with existing mods.

50 minutes ago, lefreut said:

I will look at it after the release and then decides if it's worth spending my time on it depending on the amount of work needed.

I see. Out of curiosity, is this a permanent decision, or it can be changed if Beamdog decides to update UI in future patches?

On 11/14/2021 at 11:29 PM, ithildurnew said:

Is there a way to get Adul's better quickloot component to install on a IWDEE installation with Lefreut's UI-IWDEE already installed?

@lefreut  ... or anyone else, is there some fundamental conflict between Adul's better quickloot and LeFreut UIs? Experiencing the same problem with the BG2EE version (on a BG2EE install). I really happen to like Adul's quickloot, so much so that if I'd known about the 2 being mutually exclusive I probably would not have installed LeFreutUI mod - unfortunately it was the first mod installed so too late to remove it. If there's a workaround to get Adul's quickloot installed on top of LeFreut UI that would be magnificent.

Edited by ithildurnew