Happy 8th of March, Ladies

Domi

Err... what are you talking about? Men, or the Communist Party?
Gorbachev and his clique of hungry dogs.
The first major reform programme introduced under Gorbachev was the 1985 alcohol reform, which was designed to fight wide-spread alcoholism in the Soviet Union. Prices of vodka, wine and beer were raised, and their sales were restricted. People who were caught drunk at work or in public were prosecuted. Drinking on long-distance trains and in public places was banned. Many famous wineries were destroyed.
So sad. What a price to pay for ending censorship, pogroms and Soviet oppression in Eastern Europe. God, I miss the Cold War.

Heh, you know, I hear almost everywhere that Woman's Day is from Soviet Union and blablah - and mostly from the people of my age :D . And I've heard that this holiday is originaly from America :) I think it's something related to protests of <insert_name_of_city> seamstresses - their protest was cruelly ended and in memory of them we have Women's Day. I think that this holiday is much more fair than Mother's Day.

Yes, there was a march of prostitutes in Chicago on that day. I am surprised it is not in Wikipedia, however.
Must be the brutal suppression of the proletariat inherent in the bourgeois Wikipedia. And probably FBI and CIA cover-ups that erased any documentation of the event whatsoever. So what happened?
Yes, there was a march of prostitutes in Chicago on that day. I am surprised it is not in Wikipedia, however.
Huh? I've heard this legend too, but in my version it took place in Paris :D

Oh, back to the topic: 'tis funny that the snow begins to melt at 8th of March this year in Moscow, so I wish to all of you ladies to have all your worries melt away like snow ;) Be happy and fair as spring itself :)

Cute. Lets hope the States don't adapt this holiday. The reason I say this it would give those lazy government employees another paid holiday. :)

Oi there! I resemble that remark! (Joke, of course... "resemble" instead of "resesnt" - y'know, it just isn't funny when I explain it.) A paid guvmn't holiday means an 8 hour modding session for me :D

But I agree. Then again, that is because any dude who doesn't celebrate a version of International Women's Day ("IWD" ;)) is missing out on all of the coolest things in life ;)

Then again, that is because any dude who doesn't celebrate a version of International Women's Day ("IWD" ;)) is missing out on all of the coolest things in life ;)
But isn't every day Women's Day, really? :)
Huh? I've heard this legend too, but in my version it took place in Paris :D
Creepin! I've been trying to get a hold of you for ages! Drop me a PM, yeah?

Archived