Grey the Dog Bug Report Thread

jastey

Post any issues or bugs you encounter here. Please do specify which mod version you use, which game you are on, which other mods you have installed (put your weidu.log into spoilers), and whether you are using an automated installer.

If you are using the EE Setup Tool for your installation I'm afraid I will not support bug reports.

Odd, but I had to manually install version 2 of Grey the Dog.  The executable couldn't find the tp2 file.

Edit:  The contents of the debug file...

Spoiler

WeiDU v 24600 Log

C:\Users\Lauriel\Beamdog Library\BGEET\setup-c#greythedog1.exe
 version = 24600

** ERROR ** [SETUP-C#GREYTHEDOG1.TP2] not found.
Make sure that you have unpacked the archive correctly and
that you are not trying to run this file from inside an archive.[.\chitin.key] loaded, 1146056 bytes
[.\chitin.key] 276 BIFFs, 81280 resources
[.\engine.lua] loaded, 109 bytes
[.\weidu.conf] loaded, 17 bytes

Ahh, and now I see why...it was looking for setup...1.tp2 because that's the name of the executable, but that's not the name of the tp2 file.

Edited by Lauriel

I take it that Grey should be loaded after cdTweaks because it causes errors in cdTweaks where I haven't had them before.  I'm bad and uninstalled both before snagging the debug logs, however.

Anyway, I'll be swapping my install order...

3 hours ago, Lauriel said:

Ahh, and now I see why...it was looking for setup...1.tp2 because that's the name of the executable, but that's not the name of the tp2 file.

Wow, no idea where the 1 came from ...

And I was hoping the error messages in v2 with regard to tweaks if tweaks is installed after are gone. Did you have some for v2?

1 minute ago, jastey said:

And I was hoping the error messages in v2 with regard to tweaks if tweaks is installed after are gone. Did you have some for v2?

Yes, I had to move its installation to after cdTweaks so I'd not get the errors.

I'm setting up my game again so thought I'd pass on the error message:

Spoiler

Installing [Separate Resist Fire/Cold Icon into Separate Icons (Angel)] [v9]
Copying and patching 14387 files ...
ERROR: illegal 2-byte read from offset 314 of 218-byte file C#GRTOO4.ITM
ERROR: [C#GRTOO4.ITM] -> [override/C#GRTOO4.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("C#GRTOO4.ITM: read out of bounds"))
Stopping installation because of error.

It happens again when installing BG-style weapon proficiencies.

Edited by Lauriel

Now I'm getting the error on c#grtoo6.itm

Spoiler

Installing [Separate Resist Fire/Cold Icon into Separate Icons (Angel)] [v9]
Copying and patching 14486 files ...
ERROR: illegal 2-byte read from offset 314 of 314-byte file C#GRTOO6.ITM
ERROR: [C#GRTOO6.ITM] -> [override/C#GRTOO6.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("C#GRTOO6.ITM: read out of bounds"))
Stopping installation because of error.

EDIT: I tried loading DLTCEP to load and save it as a fix but I don't know how to use DLTCEP, obviously, since it wouldn't let me save the sucker ... not even SAVE AS.  Says I opened it read only.  So, I'm sad but stuck. 

EDIT2: I even tried to copy the fixed C#GRTOO4.ITM file to a new one and put in the changes required for C#GRTOO6.ITM in NI, but it still gave the same error.  That makes no sense to me at all, but there it is.

EDIT3: I figured out how to get DLTCEP to save files and it works now.  But don't shoot me if the items aren't exactly the same as the original because I went through a lot of iterations before getting to this point.

EDIT4 Every time I see those files I feel like saying, 'I am GROOT'  🙃

c#grtoo6.itm

Edited by Lauriel

So fyi, any time you switch between 7th party mode on grey, you get an extra set of the C#min5hp effects on every other party member.  So i welcome him back to the party, then make him 7th again, i get another set of 'protection from spell', 'protection from spell', and 'protection from opcode' all related to that resource on every party member in the party at the time of switch.