Grey the Dog Bug Report Thread

jastey

The HLAs for Grey and possibly some of the other abilities don't have the right descriptions

I believe the problem is with this section of code:

COPY ~c#greythedog/spells/c#greysu.spl~ ~override/c#greysu.spl~
SAY NAME1 @10003 /* ~Alpha Call~ */
SAY NAME2 @10003 /* ~Alpha Call~ */
SAY DESC  @10004 /* ~Due to his large physical presence and his tone of leadership, local dogs may come to Grey's aid when he calls. 
This spell does not work indoors.~ */

COPY ~c#greythedog/spells/c#greyba.spl~ ~override/c#greyba.spl~
SAY NAME1 @10005 /* ~Bark~ */
SAY NAME2 @10005 /* ~Bark~ */
SAY DESC  @10006 /* ~In battle Grey's bark may become a powerful force both for the party and against enemies.  Grey's bark will instill fear and panic in enemies and bolster Grey's own resistance to fear.
At later levels this resistance expands to include the party as well as all effects increasing in duration.~ */

COPY ~c#greythedog/spells/c#greybi.spl~ ~override/c#greybi.spl~
SAY NAME1 @10007 /* ~Great Bite~ */
SAY NAME2 @10007 /* ~Great Bite~ */
SAY DESC  @10008 /* ~With experience gained through the survival of many battles the knowledge to inflict grievous wounds upon enemies with a single attack would be of great aid.  This attack will inflict 15hp piercing damage and the wound will bleed out 20% of the targets HP's.~ */

COPY ~c#greythedog/spells/c#greybs.spl~ ~override/c#greybs.spl~
SAY NAME1 @10009 /* ~Savage Bite~ */
SAY NAME2 @10009 /* ~Savage Bite~ */
SAY DESC  @10010 /* ~Improving upon the already vicious Great Bite, Savage Bite will inflict 20hp of piercing damage and the wound will bleed out a total of 40% of the targets HP's.~ */

COPY ~c#greythedog/spells/c#greybh.spl~ ~override/c#greybh.spl~
SAY NAME1 @10011 /* ~Hound~ */
SAY NAME2 @10011 /* ~Hound~ */
SAY DESC  @10012 /* ~Able to move at great speed during combat allows certain protection from attack.  All slashing, piercing, crushing and missile damage resistance is set to 40. Dexterity is raised by 2 for 1 Turn.~ */

COPY ~c#greythedog/spells/c#seize.spl~ ~override/c#seize.spl~
SAY NAME1 @10013 /* ~Seize Enemy~ */
SAY NAME2 @10013 /* ~Seize Enemy~ */
SAY DESC  @10014 /* ~This command will cause Grey to seize hold of the target.  The target will suffer 15hp bleeding damage while being held immobile.  Grey will continue to hold for 3 rounds, during which he can be given no other commands.~ */

COPY ~c#greythedog/spells/c#grend.spl~ ~override/c#grend.spl~
SAY NAME1 @10015 /* ~Rend~ */
SAY NAME2 @10015 /* ~Rend~ */
SAY DESC  @10016 /* ~Slashing at his opponent Grey will open up a long wound with his paw.  This will do 2d12 +5 slashing damage to the target with a possibility of infecting the wound unless the target saves vs Death/Poison.  If the save is unsuccesful the wound will be Diseased for 6 rounds causing slowness in all the victims actions.~ */

The SAY DESC should instead be SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC

Another couple of bugs related to the spell icon graphics that show during HLA selection. 

C#GREYBI.spl spell icon does not work during HLA selection.  SPCL902 does not have a C variant. 
C#GreyBS.spl  does not have a spell icon assigned.  SPCL903 does not have a C variant. 
C#GREYBH.spl does not have a spell icon assigned.  SPCL907 does not have a C variant. 
C#Seize.spl does not have a spell icon assigned.  You would want to use SPPR208C.bam to match the icon used in the spellbar graphic.
C#GREND.spl does not have a working spell icon.  SPCL909 does not have a C variant.

I can make these if you wish.

So, easy solution for all of these.

C#GREYBI.spl spell icon does not work during HLA selection.  SPCL902 does not have a C variant. 
C#GreyBS.spl  does not have a spell icon assigned.  SPCL903 does not have a C variant. 
C#GREYBH.spl does not have a spell icon assigned.  SPCL907 does not have a C variant. 
C#Seize.spl does not have a spell icon assigned.  You would want to use SPPR208C.bam to match the icon used in the spellbar graphic.
C#GREND.spl does not have a working spell icon.  SPCL909 does not have a C variant.

Just assign the B variants.  They appear the same as the C variants and are seamless with the ones in the base game.

Another bug/dialog timing issue.  The Taerom dialog where he offers to make an upgraded  weapon for Grey plays with higher priority than his initial meeting dialog.  It feels like it should probably be lower priority and not fire off with higher priority than everything else.

On 10/21/2020 at 2:15 AM, Caedwyr said:

Just assign the B variants. 

This will be fixed in v5.

Also, I added a NumTimesTalkedToGT(0) to the dialogue about a weapon for Grey so it doesn't trigger as the very first dialogue with Taerom (although I think his general greetigs dialogue is a rather generic one and doesn't necessarily have to play as the first dialogue when meeting.)

Ran into a bug where Grey disappears.  When flooding the Cloakwood mines, he doesn't show up on the surface.  This is multi-player EET with a full group so he's the 7th member.  Let me know what sort of supporting files you need to track this down.

Work around, of course, is to make him part of the group.  Poor ol' Yeslick had to book it out of the mines on his own, but it was him or the dog.  The choice was obvious. :)

Yes, it's a cut-scene.  You talk to the miner by the plug, he takes the key, the movie of the flooded mine happens, and the group is moved to the surface via the script.  Grey doesn't make it out in 7th-member mode.  I've not had issues with it in single-player games, just this time in my multi-player game.

18 minutes ago, Lauriel said:

I've not had issues with it in single-player games, just this time in my multi-player game.

I don't think there is anything I can do - apart from considering every damn cutscene in the game.

You know the funny part? The 7th party members come with the PC in every cutscene, even if it's supposed to be one of the PC's dreams or - oh joy! - the very private romantic encounter suddenly turns out to be a threesome. So, hearing that this time the transition in a cutscene glitched is... hilarious.

1 minute ago, jastey said:

The 7th party members come with the PC in every cutscene, even if it's supposed to be one of the PC's dreams or - oh joy! - the very private romantic encounter suddenly turns out to be a threesome. So, hearing that this time the transition in a cutscene glitched is... hilarious.

So he follows when he's not supposed to but doesn't when he is.  Very ironic. 🤣

This is the only transition that I've notice him being left out of.  I will let you know if I find more, but if it's just this one, it might not be such a hurdle to hit it over the head with a hammer until it behaves itself.