Grey the Dog Bug Report Thread

jastey

My BG1 game has progressed from Siege of Dragonspear to BG2.  Grey was a 7th party member in BG1 but he has not shown up in the area with the dryads in Chateau Irenicus.  Should I expect to find him elsewhere, or is there a way that the transition could have gotten messed up?

He should show up with the Dryads, but this doesn't seem to work at all times. Showing up at the Promenade was a fail safe for "Skip Chateau Irenicus", good to know it fixes this, too.

I am suspecting some spells from the kidnapping cutscene to be still active as the same happened with Breagar. For his appearance in BGII I am using a scipt to neutralize any spell effects that is also working in classic BGII. I will change this so in EET it uses whatever EET is using to strip the cres from effects.

Hi, i've... misplaced Grey, it seems. He's not following me (7th member mode) as he was until now.

Just checked, in my last non-rotating save (non-periodic, non-quicksave), he not here either. The previous one is... well quite old.

I guess he could have "died" somewhere (I mean, turning blue and getting rest somewhere on the ground) and "forgot" to re-join when a fight ended, but I don't see him anywhere it could have happened.

I there a way to find out, for example by examining a save in NI?

With BGT, it happened sometimes that - while still with a green circle - the 7th party member would "forget" to move when they lost eye contact with a real party member. (For me it was usually Brandock who got distracted somewhere, but I guess it could happen to Grey just as well). I don#t know whether it's as bad for the EEs.

Hmm, that's a good question. Since he's a real joinable NPC he should be listed in the savegame with his last location, I think.

This is something I definitely need to improve with some kind of "move to PC" skript.

6 hours ago, jastey said:

Hmm, that's a good question. Since he's a real joinable NPC he should be listed in the savegame with his last location, I think

So, that doesn't seem to be the case.

I can actually see Brandock, who is also in 7th position, but IS still present alongside the group, and I can see his position is NI.

But even looking at every item in the NPC list I didn't see Grey. I could have missed him, of course but...

(And totally unrelated, but why are so many NPC duplicated in there?)

I guess I'll meet him again when transitioning to SoD...

Edited by mickabouille