Endless BG1 - A Mod for BG:EE, BG:SoD, BGT, and EET!

jastey

@DavidW

thank you very much for the offer, but thatbwon't be necessary: my component spawns some Flaming Fist after Sarevok (and his minions in the Undercity Temple) is dead and offers to remove any remaining traps. It was meant as a service to players so they don't have to bother with the traps after the big fight is over. If your component removes them from the start that's even better.

@jasteyYou are very welcome and thanks for hearing me out. I believe a simple rephrasing could go a long way to make it consistent. What about something like: "We can check this area for traps, if you desire."? I like it better than "any remaining traps" because the latter implies that there have been some whereas the first will cover every possibility.

Cheers!

Hi jastey,

This mod looks temptingly, I need to play it in my BGT setup.

I think I found a bug during installation of the second component (More Flavor to Hero...).

As I understand your code, you don't compile dialogs_ee.d for BGT but you reference one entry from this file for BGT installation:

Spoiler

// Get state for BELT %victory_01% (in dialogues_ee.d)

/* ~You opened our eyes to the deceit and saved us from a great peril while we remained blind to the threat. By the power bestowed upon me as Duke of the Council of Six of this city I herewith name you "Hero of Baldur's Gate"! In the name of the city let me express our deepest gratitude!~*/

OUTER_SET belt_victory_01 = STATE_WHICH_SAYS 1 IN ~c#endlessbg1/translations/%s/dialogues.tra~ FROM ~BELT~

So my installation fails:

Spoiler

Patching: 3 matches found in ACT03.bcs for REPLACE_TEXTUALLY: Opened(\[ANYONE\])
Extending game scripts ...
Compiling 1 dialogue file ...
Couldn't find any suitable string in STATE_WHICH_SAYS
Stopping installation because of error.

Am I correct with my small debug?

Thanks for your time.

Somehow this mods description is the complete antithesis of it's name. It's not that the BG1 is endless, but it has a better transition mechanism. Aka it's not a Tutu clone, cause in that case you need to uninstall Tutu to ... progress in the game, but a BGT-clone ... where you talked to Belt to progress... ah well, now to BP-BGT-Worldmap... 😛

The mod updates to v4!

Version 4 comes with a Russian translation by Austin, Arkie & Arcanecoast.ru and some improvements for the component "Flaming Fist Healer come into Undercity Temple".

Changes:

-Russian translation added by Austin, Arkie & Arcanecoast.ru
-Component "Flaming Fist Healer come into Undercity Temple": FF should not die if area effects are still active, changed text slightly for compatibility with "remove traps" tweak mods.

@Salk in v4 I went with the "tweak the line from the FF Healer slightly" variant to make EBG1 compatible with any mod that removes the traps in the Undercity temple he now asks "~Do you want us to heal you and disarm any remaining traps as well?~". Thanks again for the suggestion!

Guest Guest

Rather than trying to guess the mod compilation of the player, wouldn't it just be better if these guards were outside meeting you, the temple was barred by the guards themselves, and eventual loot was to be just given to the player?