Dialog too soon?

drosketer

Not sure if this was the intent or not, but I received a Khaleid dialog a touch too soon. I had just polished off Mulahey in Nashkel and looted his body (but not the chest with the letters) when Khaleid pipes up about getting to the root of the conspiracy (which at this point the PC is not aware of yet, as Mulahey may have been acting on his own for whatever reason). Should this dialog not appear until Chapter 2 which is triggered by looting the letters from the chest?

Not a huge problem by any means, but seems to be out of place...

Party composition is the assumed path from BG2 (Minsc, Dynaheir, Imoen, Khaleid and Jaheira). BGNPC1 at V8, TuTu V4, Fixpack V9... some other mods, but not sure if that matters.

edit:Inserted some additional information.

I meant to put an additional trigger on it for a while. Dead trigger in my experience is very reliable, while ChapterGT aren't. And I am not very fond of HasItem, but I guess I can do HasItem for the letter.

I suppose it's better for the dialog to show up than not to, so no worries if this is not an issue for anyone else. :)

Now, I am also playing another game with a different party (Shar, Edwin, Xzar, Viconia, and Kagain) and have run into a potential bug. After the killing of Dynaheir at the Gnoll stronghold (and the dialog where he tells you your reward is a year of his services), I can no longer initiate dialog with Edwin - he always spouts off the amusing dialog that he gave the half-ogres (about counting to 200). His banters with others still work just fine, just can't initiate any further dialogs with him alone. Bug, or is there more coming for Edwin in the future and this is just the placeholder?

Thanks, it is a bug; it will potentially prevent any other scripted dialogues from showing up. I am putting it on my list to fix and I will post a quick Clua to fix it, if it can be done this way, once I check where the Global was not reset.

I'm having odd comments as well, just got Khaleid and Jaheira and am on route to Bergoist. Imoen is says a 8 or so line dialog about Savok being dead and I'm a child of Baal, Khaleid going on about a quest from a town I havent been in yet and Montaron has been calling himself Noober! he also keeps going on about farming....

BG+Tales, BGII+Tob, Baldurdash fixes on both, TutuV4, TutufixV13

Uhm, if you characters are spouting random dialogue, that sounds like you have had a bit of installation problem and messed up your dialogue.tlk. Did you per chance installed fix13 and then started from an earlier saved game or something like that?

I did have some dialog problems eailer, to sort it i revomed all mods and repatched bg2 witch replaces the dialog.tlk then i started again (I was only up to where you wander bites it by then). My dialog.tlk file is now 13,323,950 bytes

Jez, did you 'unconvert' your install before reinstalling BG2? Ie did you run the tuturestore.exe, restoring the games to their initial state? I know you most probably did, but if if you started the new game from the beginning (created the new character and stuff) and still Khalid got Noober's texts something is seriously wrong with dialog.tlk :)

when you repalced dialogue.tlk, did you remove your weidu.log file?

i did run tuturestore.exe but i didnt delete weidu.log file, I belive you about the dialog.tlk, im now getting voice overs about returning to candlekeep to syp on the iron throne :) can you recomend a way to repair my game and still be able to use this save?

Thanks for your help Domi

Jez, here is Hendryk's post explaining in details what has happened for future reference when you'd like to reinstall and use the saved game:

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...indpost&p=29296

and here is a summary of a rather rough method I usually use when I use someone else's game and get annoyed by sounds mix-up: I kill the characters that are already in the party via Ctrl+Y and summon them again via CLUA Console. Then I level them up via CLUA if I need, reset their SPRITEISDEAD Globals back to 0 and that usually takes care of weird sounds.

But all and all, it may be the easiest to start a new game :)

Archived