Protecting NPC from party removal

Guest anonnn

Hi, not really sure how to phrase this other than to describe the questions...

So I've tried with both NI and EEKeeper both through using OPCODES and potentially changing scripts to somehow prevent a party members portrait from being removed after they die from OPCODE 13

Spoiler

Acid Death, Burning Death, Crushed Death, Chunked Death, Stoned Death, Freezing Death, Exploding stoned death, Exploding freezing death, Electrified death, Disintegration death

Things I have tried/noticed:

Spoiler

1. Adding OPCODE 295 specifically to NPCs in the party via EEKeeper

2. Gore is tuned off
3. Trying to trace where the script ends up going in Near Infinity when STATE_DEAD gets triggered.. or STATE_REALLY_DEAD... or any of the previous OPCODE deaths from OPCODE 13

4. A lot of forum searches through both beamdog and this website and through other related baldurs gate forums/mods

5. I've noticed that if ctrl+R is spammed quick enough right when the player dies they will still be removed from the party, however they will get resurrected and be able to be re-added 
6. Story mode and difficulties under normal don't remove the player from the party as a result of perma death.. so there must be some trigger on the higher difficulties that cause it to happen

7. I've modified values for the p1 slot which would be the player in near infinity that prevent the game from ending if the main character dies.. (allows resurrection and continuing of a fight) .. I've also noticed that regardless of how p1 dies from OPCODE 13.. that they still stay in the party, regardless of the difficulty. Just normally the game ends and therefore a person isn't able to res them. 

8. I've modified MINHP to 0.. but they still get removed.. if it gets put to -9.. same thing.. I figured a workaround maybe might be setting their min hp to 1.. and when it falls to 1 they become nontargetable until a resurrection spell is cast on them or a stone to flesh... but a lot of that sounds like a multitude of random scripts would have to be running for that to work and then it probably still wouldn't.

9. I have the SCS component installed that helps prevent party members from irreversible death.. which is just OPCODE 295.. it doesn't really seem to work.. overall of like 50 damage or whatever else still removes them from the party, in addition to all the elemental damages and stuff like disintegration.

10. I haven't really modified any of the scripts in Near Infinity because none of them seemed to lead to a main script that was triggering the party removal, but it must be somewhere with it.

What I want to happen:

Spoiler

For any of the players/npcs in slot 2-6, either through modification of the game files, or through changing of the opcode, either before or after the game is made to be able to die from all the various effects. 

However, after they die, I want their portrait to remain so they can still be resurrected.. as in the exact same way it functions on normal and below difficulties (this is not a solution because I want it to be on the higher difficulty)

The Player/NPC has to die/become untargetable.. it's fine if they get teleported off screen or whatever and when they die to OPCODE 13 that it changes how they really die to something that doesn't remove their party portait.. just as long as they have to be resurrected before they show up again.

Any help with this would be appreciated and thank you in advance... I've tried many numerous things and nothing seems to work. I'm somewhat familiar with modifying things in Near Infinity but I don't care if it's done through changing a script or if it's done via using OPCODES with EEKeeper.. just any solution that ultimately works.

41 minutes ago, lynx said:

Whenever I try this out or test it.. in LoB difficulty for example, party members take increased damage.. so if they get hit by 50 damage at 20 hp.. that's a total of -30 hp.. which removes the party member from the side bar.. with gore turned off, their body stays there. 

Casting disintegration on them, or overkilling with a spell, does the same thing. 

OPCODE 295 doesn't protect them.