Looking for Ideas to fulfill Hafiz's vision

Hafiz the gnome from east of Nashkel Mines says there are 6 that serve Sarevok.  Actually, his exact words are:   "When you do battle against the six who serve your father's killer..."  I'm doing a mod that modifies the transition from BG1 to SoD and/or BG2 for EET.  As I do this, I'm trying to fill in plot holes, like Sarevok's sword and Hafiz's vision.  For 'the six who server your father's killer', I was thinking about the following list but I have an issue with one of them:  Tazok, Semaj, Angelo, Cythandria, Tamoko, and Korlasz.  The one I have an issue with is Cythandria.  She really didn't serve Sarevok.  She served herself.  But I can't think of anyone else who actually knowingly served Sarevok.  There were a number of pawns or those who were in the Iron Throne ranks (which would make them a pawn I guess), but I can't think of anyone who knew what Sarevok was up to and tossed their fate in with him that is still around for the protagonist to 'battle'.

Any ideas?

Hm. I always figured he meant Zhalimar Cloudwulfe and his party of faithful (Aasim, Alai, Diyab, Gardush and Naaman) that you do battle with atop the Iron Throne building, and as such never saw it as a plot hole. With Hafiz giving you one scroll, I got the impression he was talking about a singular encounter -- but of course it could be interpreted in different ways.

Edit: At any rate, they are six, and they seemingly serve Sarevok with a religious devotion rather than as mercenaries. From Zhalimar's dialogue: "There are no hired lackeys for you to bribe here, no mercenaries that slather at the sound of coins. We are servants of Sarevok and Sarevok alone, selected by hand to protect his destiny."

Edited by Shin
5 minutes ago, Shin said:

Hm. I always figured he meant Zhalimar Cloudwulfe and his party of faithful (Aasim, Alai, Diyab, Gardush and Naaman) that you do battle with atop the Iron Throne building, and as such never saw it as a plot hole. With Hafiz giving you one scroll, I got the impression he was talking about a singular encounter -- but of course it could be interpreted in different ways.

Hmmm, good point.  I never thought of those because I normally just sneak past them to get the documentation since I hadn't been given permission from 'the law' to slaughter them all...not that that stopped me from doing so before...  LOL

I will consider this.

Edited by Lauriel

Edit: At any rate, they are six, and they seemingly serve Sarevok with a religious devotion rather than as mercenaries. From Zhalimar's dialogue: "There are no hired lackeys for you to bribe here, no mercenaries that slather at the sound of coins. We are servants of Sarevok and Sarevok alone, selected by hand to protect his destiny."

You see...you try to behave in the game and look at what you miss!  I never saw this dialogue before ... well at least not for 20 years.  Thank you!  This is a much better solution.

Guest Glimpse
10 hours ago, Lauriel said:

I was thinking about the following list but I have an issue with one of them:  Tazok, Semaj, Angelo, Cythandria, Tamoko, and Korlasz.  The one I have an issue with is Cythandria.  She really didn't serve Sarevok.  She served herself. 

I think Korlasz does not belong there because she was only added with Dragonspear and the Hafiz lines are already in the original game. I'd put Winski to the list instead. I think that what you say about Cythandria is true for all of them. It's the nature of an evil crowd that all try to first of all serve their own goals and the alliance is a means to an end.

13 hours ago, Arthas said:

why did you involve the "law" in the whole matter? I mean, they attack you, and you see them consorting with CM creatures (doppelgangers). 

They attack you only if they see you.  I was asked to spy, so I spied.  Eltan said he couldn't move against them without proof.  So, being a role player, I made a role-playing decision.  That's all.  I don't go into every house in town to steal items, either.  I know I miss a lot, but hopefully I'll be able to rectify that now that I'm aware you can change the game...though that'll be a different mod. :)

12 hours ago, Guest Glimpse said:

I think Korlasz does not belong there because she was only added with Dragonspear and the Hafiz lines are already in the original game. I'd put Winski to the list instead. I think that what you say about Cythandria is true for all of them. It's the nature of an evil crowd that all try to first of all serve their own goals and the alliance is a means to an end.

By the time Sarevok is defeated, Winski is already out of commission, isn't he?  In my mod, the Flaming Fist are not far behind me.  I can't imagine that he'd be able to recover before they find him.  He should be in the cells already...not saying that he couldn't have help in escaping via corrupt Flaming Fist who are in cahoots with Angelo.  Hmm.  I'll ponder this.  This could work.  Thanks for the idea!

EDIT: And Korlasz is only there because it is part of SoD, though I will allow it to be skipped if they player so chooses.  I want my mod to 'add to' not 'take away' from what's already there.

Edited by Lauriel
On 1/17/2020 at 10:48 PM, Arthas said:

thanks Lauriel. Well... you were asked to go spy them, but you just stumbled in the higher floor only to get attacked out of the blue. You would have left, if asked: to me, that's lawful. Isn't it? 

Sure :)  Whatever  LOL