<PRO_HESHE> in proper case

Lauriel

I also will be modifying it to make sure my first row number is higher than the last one already in the table.

EDIT:  Actually, I'll be modifying it to make sure my first row number is higher than the highest one already in the table.  I have no idea if those lines get sorted or not, so I'm not going to take the chance that they're not.

Edited by Lauriel
Clarification
On 1/24/2020 at 10:59 PM, Mike1072 said:

Those last 2 columns should be strrefs according to IESDP.

I know this is old, but you're right.  The docs say it should be strrefs, not strings.  The strings work, but I'd prefer to use strrefs if possible for languages that don't use our character set but haven't a clue how to get INSERT_2DA to convert string to strrefs or any other way of getting at the strref of a custom string.  So is the documentation incomplete and it can be strrefs or strings, or is it wrong and it only takes strings?

You can add a string to the game and store its assigned strref in a variable using SET blahblah_strref = RESOLVE_STR_REF (~blahblah~).  It should work with tra references too: SET translated_strref = RESOLVE_STR_REF (@123).

Then you can use that variable when you are adding to the .2da.

2 hours ago, Mike1072 said:

You can add a string to the game and store its assigned strref in a variable using SET blahblah_strref = RESOLVE_STR_REF (~blahblah~).  It should work with tra references too: SET translated_strref = RESOLVE_STR_REF (@123).

Then you can use that variable when you are adding to the .2da.

RESOLVE_STR_REF worked, however when I use the token, I get the number replaced in the text, not the string associated with the strref.  I think the docs are wrong.  I think it needs to be a string, not a strref.

10 hours ago, Mike1072 said:

No, I don't have any first-hand knowledge of this.  Just making a joke.  It sounds like you found an error in the IESDP.

Well darn!  I was really hoping I had screwed something up. LOL

Edited by Lauriel