Game_is questions by the Imp.

I need to patch the in-game files according to a GAME_IS -function... between a EE and non-EE games... and I want to know/make_sure that it won't patch the EE files twice.

COPY_EXISTING_GLOB ~.*\.are$~ ~override~     //

PATCH_IF (REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS ~bgee bg2ee eet~) BEGIN

<patch> //EE only

BUT_ONLY
END

PATCH_IF (REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS ~soa tob tutu tutu_totsc ca iwd_in_bg2~) BEGIN

<patch>//non-EE

BUT_ONLY
END

..would this work? Or does the SoA and ToB also flag also get the BG2EE files ? And if so, how do I exclude those ?

Ouh, and does anyone have the EE:SoD and Shadowhand flags ? Or do the above also cover those cases ?

If you just want to differ between EE and non-EE engines, ENGINE_IS is a better choice.  ENGINE_IS "bgee bg2ee" catches BGEE, BG2EE and EET, ENGINE_IS "soa tob" catches BG2, BGT, Tutu and everything else based on the old engine.

If you are checking for specific game content, GAME_INCLUDES might be better.  GAME_INCLUDES "bg1" catches BG1, Tutu, BGT, BGEE and EET.  Note that unlike GAME_IS and ENGINE_IS, GAME_INCLUDES accepts only a single argument.  Also, using GAME_INCLUDES "sod" on BG2(EE) produces a (harmless) warning in the current WeiDU version.  Wisp confirmed that this is a bug and it will be fixed.