What would people like to see?

In any event, it is (IMHO) an aspect of the game that is bad, and could use improving, and hey! we're on a modding site!  :laugh2:

Like I say, if done cleverly it is entirely possible to make the player do a bunch of side content, without actually making any particular side content mandatory, and without dictating the order in which it is done.  Think, Super Mario 64.  Or, TOB with Wheels of Prophecy.  (I've never actually played with Wheels of Prophecy... was always worried it wasn't stable enough.  Worth it, these days?)

6 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Wheels of Prophecy... was always worried it wasn't stable enough.  Worth it, these days?

I use it.  Anything to improve ToB is worth it.  But seems stable enough to me.  I've not had any issues.  Still wish I could see Balthazar before going after the other 2.  He's ruining the town and that is something the PC can see that's wrong so why would he/she not want to do something about it.  But if you do, he goes hostile.

On 2/5/2020 at 12:54 AM, ithildurnew said:

The 2nd issue (very minor quibble) is that there are elements/bits of dialog etc in Imoen4ever that could stand tightening up. I realize Jastey is not a native English speaker so I give her all the credit in the world for what she's been able to accomplish especially on a conceptual level; however there are bits in her writing that occasionally utilize some odd phrasing/word choices/colloquials and expressions that remind me that I'm reading modded content.

This stuck in my head.  I couldn't shake it so I have to speak up.  If there are issues with the translation, why don't you suggest changes?  Speak up or ...  Sorry, I just found this to be bothersome and couldn't let it go any longer.

On 2/7/2020 at 8:20 PM, Lauriel said:

I use it.  Anything to improve ToB is worth it.  But seems stable enough to me.  I've not had any issues.  Still wish I could see Balthazar before going after the other 2.  He's ruining the town and that is something the PC can see that's wrong so why would he/she not want to do something about it.  But if you do, he goes hostile.

You can, in WoP, and if you hae high enough stats (Charisma?) you can talk him down from becoming hostile even before taking on the other two.

Well I've kinda always wanted to see a mod that implements a kit that I designed a few years back - but I never got around to making it (or even knowing if it was possible tbh). It was designed with Rogue Rebalancing (mod by AvengeR) in mind too. Thought it might be fun to leave it here after I saw your thread:

Echo (Bard Kit)

Advantages:

+ Bard Song
25% chance (per round of Bard Song being active) of spawning a Reflected Image for the Echo only. The Reflected Image effect lasts for 6 rounds.
        Note: This Bard Song does not affect party members.
              Additionally, the Bard Song cannot give the Echo more than one image at a time.

+ Displacement
Whenever the Echo is under the effects of any illusion magic (such as that from the Bard Song), they recieve a +2 bonus to armour class, hit and movement rate.
        Note: This bonus is not cumulative with itself; the Echo cannot gain twice the effects by having multiple bard songs or illusion magics active.
              Additionally, the Echo does not benefit from Displacement when affected by Blindness, Deafness or Nature's Beauty.

+ Echoing Strike
From level 5 onwards, all images will also perform melee attack rolls at 25% physical damage and will apply arcane/sonic weapon effects.
    This includes: Chill Touch, Ghoul Touch, Phantom Blade, Lich Touch, Black Blade of Disaster & Resonating Weapon.
    This excludes: Melf's Minute Meteors.
        Note: Mirror Image will scale differently:
            Level 1-14:     2 images
            Level 15-29:    3 images
            Level 30+:    4 images

+ Gains one use of Reflected Image at level 6, gaining an extra use every 3 levels thereafter.

+ Gains one use of Mirror Image at level 15, gaining an extra use every 6 levels thereafter.

+ Unique HLAs
    + Black Blade of Disaster     (x1)
    + Enhanced Bard Song        (x1)    75% chance per round of spawning a Reflected Image for the Echo only. The Reflected Image effect lasts for 6 rounds.
    + Illusory Assault            Spawns 8 images, which perform melee attack rolls at 25% physical damage and will apply arcane/sonic weapon effects. Lasts a total of 1 round.
    + Refraction            (x1)    Whenever the Echo is damaged by a physical attack, they have a 25% chance to spawn a Reflected Image. This effect cannot give you more than one image. 
        Note: You will be asked if you want to opt for Rogue-Rebalancing HLAs instead of vanilla HLAs. Snare-based HLAs will be removed in favour of the above regardless.

Disadvantages:

+ Hit die: d4

+ -2 to STR and CON upon character creation.

+ Bard song does not affect party members.

+ Bard song does not improve with levels (with the exception of Enhanced Bard Song at HLA level).

+ Only has one-quarter of the normal Lore value.

+ Weapons restricted to those available to a thief.

+ May not assign points into Two-Weapon Style.

Echo.txt

what I want:

Solaufein and Valen for BG2EE

Keto for TOB (yeah dream on)

some tactical mod(s) with custom creatures and handcrafted encounters like Improved Anvil but with reasonable difficulty level

and that's it, not too much I hope.