Baldur's Gate III: The Bane of Bhaal

I thought about that.  It would make things a lot easier, and while there's no way to reconcile every player, I thought perhaps a better solution would be to generalize the first PC when making them an NPC.

I think you are very likely to encounter the player resistance for taking away from them *their* PC and "generalizing' him or her. I speak as a player who always have a very good idea of what her PC is like. Heck, some people engage into huge wars over what *NPCs* are like. Let alone their own 'baby'. And just because you give me a new PC to toy with as a substitute... my love will still be with my first who made it through BG1/ToB and if I cannot recognize her face or character the story will fall short.

As far as project management...I'm perfectly aware what goes into project management, the painstaking follow up and coordination that goes into engineering a software solution or penning a story as well as the effort it will take.  I've had enough experience in the former to have a decent idea of what the latter will require.

If you do project management/coordination for living in a professional enviroment, you will be surprised how much more difficult it is in a hobby environment. I am speaking from experience.

I am glad though that you realize that it is not a matter of willing things into being (the majority of people who say they'd do the god-awsome TC do not), though it bothers me that you reffer to coding as 'dirty' work. It actually is the media you are working with when moding. That is why imo it is always best when the writer also handles a fair share of coding.

I think you are very likely to encounter the player resistance for taking away from them *their* PC and "generalizing' him or her. I speak as a player who always have a very good idea of what her PC is like. Heck, some people engage into huge wars over what *NPCs* are like. Let alone their own 'baby'. And just because you give me a new PC to toy with as a substitute... my love will still be with my first who made it through BG1/ToB and if I cannot recognize her face or character the story will fall short.

Then perhaps it best to keep the first PC to a cameo, if any, role if they chose mortality. Logic dictates if they chose mortality they would want nothing of this. And if they chose being a god a metamorphisis would not be uncommon, and might serve as a good intro movie. Intro text explaining what is about to occur, fade to first PC knelt down, back to the viewer, so few characteristics are shown, beaming light shoots from the sky, and out of the light walks the new Lord of Murder. That sort of thing.

The new PC isn't to serve as a substitute, and I concur re no PC will be as special as the first, but what the new PC will give is a new gaming experience with its own tale, etc.

If you do project management/coordination for living in a professional enviroment, you will be surprised how much more difficult it is in a hobby environment.  I am speaking from experience.

I do. Well, that's not entirely accurate. I'm a senior software engineer who is responsible for other developers. In addition to my engineering responsibilities I also manage projects Level I, II and III developers are working on.

I fully realize that because this is not a professional environment some modders will start on something and quit, and it will be my responsibility to either find a replacement or finish whatever they were doing on my own.

I am glad though that you realize that it is not a matter of willing things into being (the majority of people who say they'd do the god-awsome TC do not), though it bothers me that you reffer to coding as 'dirty' work. It actually is the media you are working with when moding. That is why imo it is always best when the writer also handles a fair share of coding.

I referred to coding as 'dirty work' because it's another way of saying hands-on. If I couldn't code, I'd lose my mind. I need a lot of outlets, because I love to do everything...case modeling, class modeling, application and database design and even user interfaces, so I guess I'm a sucker for it all...from inititial design phase to the backend to the middleware to the pretty interface people look at and go, "wow".

The new PC isn't to serve as a substitute, and I concur re no PC will be as special as the first, but what the new PC will give is a new gaming experience with its own tale, etc.

Thje new PC is the must of course. ToB (and imo even BG2) already made a mistake of propagating the saga beyond the propagation limit imposed on it by the first game. Have fun, and, you know, I'd rather you prove me wrong and turn it out in under 5 years :)

Thje new PC is the must of course. ToB (and imo even BG2) already made a mistake of propagating the saga beyond the propagation limit imposed on it by the first game. Have fun, and, you know, I'd rather you prove me wrong and turn it out in under 5 years :)

All of it won't be coming out in one piece. First will be the NPC for SOA/TOB, then Part I of the Bane of Bhaal, Part II and then the conclusion so it won't be five years before anything is produced. ;)

Right now a couple of people are working on areas for Bane of Bhaal while I work on the first NPC for SOA/TOB.

Archived