Fade Bug?

Hi,

I am playing the Fade mod thru for a 2nd time, doing the romance. I'm at the part where u do the quest to take out her family. When I return to Aran and then leave, Fade starts dialogue with: Now I'm Free... Ok after this she immediately starts trying to initiate dialogue but it never takes effect. Her romance music sounds like its stuck in a loop and this interferes with continuing on. I tried to reload from previous save b4 speaking to Aran and then finished the Unseeing Eye quest, then returned to Aran and this still happens. My next stop is tree of life, I really don't wanna start over? Can anyone help?

Note: The first time I played thru Fade I didn't even know of her family quest and the playthrough was fine. My current version of Fade is v-5.4

20 minutes ago, Arthas said:

Do you have only fade? What's your weidu.log ?

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~YASRAENA/SETUP-YASRAENA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Yasraena (BG2:SoA & TOB NPC) created by nethrin & Sillara of the Tamari: v16_charsets
~TSUJATHA/SETUP-TSUJATHA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tsujatha (BG2:SoA NPC) created by Sillara of the Tamari: v15_charsets
~SARAHTOB/SETUP-SARAHTOB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Sarah NPC Romance Mod for BG2:ToB: 4
~SAERILETH/SETUP-SAERILETH.TP2~ #0 #0 // Saerileth Romance Mod (BG2:SoA & TOB NPC) created by nethrin and Sillara: v18_charsets
~PETSY/PETSY.TP2~ #0 #0 // Petsy Chattertone
~SKIECOST/SKIECOST.TP2~ #0 #0 // Skie: The Cost of One Girl's Soul - New quest for Baldur's Gate 2 EE: 1.2
~SKIECOST/SKIECOST.TP2~ #0 #1 // Skie: The Cost of One Girl's Soul - Allow Skie to return as a joinable NPC: 1.2
~CROSSMODBG2/SETUP-CROSSMODBG2.TP2~ #0 #0 // Crossmod Banter Pack for Shadows of Amn: v15
~CROSSMODBG2/SETUP-CROSSMODBG2.TP2~ #0 #1 // Crossmod Banter Pack for Throne of Bhaal: v15
~AURENASEPH/SETUP-AURENASEPH.TP2~ #0 #0 // Auren Aseph for BG2:ToB: v8
~SETUP-KETO.TP2~ #0 #0 // Keto-SOA NPC V2
~SETUP-KETO.TP2~ #0 #2 // Banter Accelerator
~EVANDRA/SETUP-EVANDRA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Evandra NPC: v1.0
~THEBEAURINLEGACY/SETUP-THEBEAURINLEGACY.TP2~ #0 #0 // BGII:SoA & ToB - The Beaurin Legacy: v2.1
~THEBEAURINLEGACY/SETUP-THEBEAURINLEGACY.TP2~ #0 #1 // Alternative 1 Minyae Portrait -> Portrait 1 by TamikaProud at DeviantArt: v2.1
~THEBEAURINLEGACY/SETUP-THEBEAURINLEGACY.TP2~ #0 #2 // Alternative 2 Minyae Portrait -> Portrait 2 by DominiqueWesson at DeviantArt: v2.1
~THEBEAURINLEGACY/SETUP-THEBEAURINLEGACY.TP2~ #0 #3 // Alternative 3 Minyae Portrait -> Portrait 3 by Aerwindale at DeviantArt: v2.1
~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie Flirt Pack For SOA: v1.04
~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #2 // Aerie Flirt Pack For TOB: v1.04
~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #4 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for SOA: v1.04
~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #6 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for TOB: v1.04
~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #8 // Viconia Flirt Pack for SOA: v1.04
~NPCFLIRT/SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #10 // Viconia Flirt Pack for TOB: v1.04
~SIRENE_BG2/SIRENE_BG2.TP2~ #0 #0 // Sirene NPC for BG2:EE
~FADE/SETUP-FADE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Fade: An NPC for Baldur's Gate II: SoA and ToB: 5.2
~FADE/SETUP-FADE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Fade NPC: reactions to Romantic Encounters (RE may be installed before or after this component): 5.2
~FADE/SETUP-FADE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Fade EE: give Fade Shadowdancer kit: 5.2
~BRANWEN/BRANWEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Branwen BG2 NPC mod for players and modders: v4
~PAINA/SETUP-PAINA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pai'Na NPC for BG:EE: v1.6
~TYRISFLARE/SETUP-TYRISFLARE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tyris Flare NPC: v8

@Psionica Do you know how to use Near Inifnity? What you are experiencing sounds like a stutter bug, meaning a script block fires but there is no connected dialogue to trigger because the variables do not match so it repeats and repeats. If you install the stutter debug tool from here, it will give you in game the name of the stuttering script and the number of the script block. You can then look this script block up with Near Infinity and post it here. Alternatively, you could send me a savegame to my username at web.de, but I can't promise anything soon.

1 hour ago, jastey said:

@Psionica Do you know how to use Near Inifnity? What you are experiencing sounds like a stutter bug, meaning a script block fires but there is no connected dialogue to trigger because the variables do not match so it repeats and repeats. If you install the stutter debug tool from here, it will give you in game the name of the stuttering script and the number of the script block. You can then look this script block up with Near Infinity and post it here. Alternatively, you could send me a savegame to my username at web.de, but I can't promise anything soon.

Ahh, that's what causes it!  Thank you for the tool.  Much appreciated!  Danke shoen!

6 hours ago, jastey said:

thx jastey, ill try that tool

Okay, so I experimented a little. Turns out the problem for me occurs when I try to PID Fade shortly after getting her (she talked to me only once at this point, right after getting out from the Thieves Guild). After I PID her, she's stuck in a initiating dialogue loop. I checked the variables for her and I noticed, that:

1) before I PID her, the E3EFRIENDTALK variable shows "1"

2) after the dialogue loop starts (I managed to auto-save moving between areas, yay), the E3EFRIENDTALK variable shows "9" for some reason

@jastey, based on this, are you able to propose a solution? I know how to edit code in NI 🙂

UPDATE: I manually changed the value to "2", which triggered her friendship talk. I progressed a bit, but now it seems that each time she wants to say something to me, the variable changes itself to "9" and she is stuck in the loop again.

UPDATE 2: Found the issue. Timer's broken somewhat, at least in my installation. The E3FADEFRIEND timer, I mean: for me, it constantly shows "22076599". Then the script treat it as expired and increment the E3FRIENDTALK up to "9", and since expired timer also controls Fade starting the dialogue, she keeps trying to talk. I tried to manually set the timer to lower values, but it seems that the script counts it as expired no matter what.

Edited by amber-coffeeCat
25 minutes ago, amber-coffeeCat said:

Yeah, with stutter debug... I tried installing it earlier for a similar issue. But I use an EET mega-modification and installation failed with "out of memory" error ^^'

Do you have 32-bit OS and 32-bit weidu? That's how you get 'out of memory' errors.