Bugs, issues, or suggestions?

On 8/5/2021 at 4:33 PM, Guest Item doesnt appear said:

Hello dear Daeros(the Trollkiller),

I installed the mod with the exe. I installed only the mod(not the dialog stuff or the cosmetic). I actually think i have done it correktly. i downloadet the https://github.com/Gibberlings3/SoD-to-BG2EE-Item-Upgrade/releases/download/v2.0.1/sod2bg2_iu-v2.0.1.exe. The i picked up the game (D:\GOG Galaxy\Games\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition) and installed it. I followed the instuctions of that black console and id said "installed succesfull". But if go to Deidre in Adventurers Mart, she has no wizard Hat to sell. I reinstalled the game and the mod, but still nothing. The wizard Hat is the only Thing i really want to be moddet(but so badly). Please help me^^ I am not that good with computers.

thanks for your Time:D

Did you start a new game after installing the mod?  This is necessary for everything to be where it's supposed to.

Hallo,
quick question: When you replaced the Reaching Ring with Kontik's Ring of Wizardry in the Harper quests did you place the Reaching Ring somewhere else or is it gone? The later case wouldn't be all that good since, imho the Reaching Ring is superior.

Cheers, Raimn

@Daeros_Trollkiller
With my mod wad (plus DLCMerger and EET Core preinstalled initially), I get these errors on install:

//FAILURE:
//Invalid spell number: -1
//Stopping installation because of error.
//Warning: Could not find CLERIC_GRASPING_SHADOWS in SPELL.IDS
//Copying and patching 0 files ...
//Copying and patching 0 files ...
//FAILURE:
//Invalid spell number: -1
//Warning: Could not find CLERIC_SHADOW_BOLT in SPELL.IDS
//Copying and patching 2046 files ...
//INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS     Enhanced visual on-hit effects. (fire, cold, acid, electricity, magic - cosmetic only) -> BG-Style on-hit visual effects.
//
//WARNING: sod2bg2_iu : 34 has encounter errors durring installation, exited with ExitCode = 3

Edited by Endarire
2 hours ago, Guest Baquan said:

Does this mod move Carsomyr? I killed Firkraag with my fairly low-level party to get Keldorn his fancy sword, only to find Aster's Edge there instead. 

Spoiler

It doesn't move it, there is a 50/50 chance of Firkraag dropping either it, or the Aster's Edge +3.  This is denoted in the location spoilers, along with the other few randoms I placed in the mod.

Guest Brotski1988

Hi first off all once again great items and great idea's but i got to report some stuff from my game

- i can't upgrade any of the dragon armors i can only make the first versions but not upgrade them

- the druid ring can't be upgraded i got all of the gems but cespenar will only make the original with the nymph tear

- can't upgrade the robe of vecna 

- suni senni does not drop arbane's sword anymore but a crossbow but i havent found arbanes sword anywhere else 

- and firkraag dropped the one handed sword wich is cool but i still kinda wished it was still in the game its a minor thing but still 

So i didn't get everything from the mod but for the rest great work!

Spoiler

- i can't upgrade any of the dragon armors i can only make the first versions but not upgrade them 

A. Intended.  You can only upgrade the original "green" dragon armor from SoD, then upgrade it once more.

- the druid ring can't be upgraded i got all of the gems but cespenar will only make the original with the nymph tear

A. Not sure what's going on here, maybe a conflict with another mod.  I'm not able to replicate.

- can't upgrade the robe of vecna 

A. Correct.  It is used as a component to upgrade other things.

- suni senni does not drop arbane's sword anymore but a crossbow but i havent found arbanes sword anywhere else 

A. Not sure on this one, I'll have to check the code.

- and firkraag dropped the one handed sword wich is cool but i still kinda wished it was still in the game its a minor thing but still 

A. Intended, you get one or the other, 50% chance.  You can reload a save and kill Firkraag again if you don't get the drop you wanted.

So i didn't get everything from the mod but for the rest great work!

Guest Brotski1988

Allright that cleared some things up thank you for the quick response.

Seems that i just forgot to pick up the dragonscale armor accidently in SOA so makes sense now.

for the rest maybe what i did wrong is that i installed this mod last whilst i now read that SCS should be installed last maybe that caused problems i have no idea.

So i can correct that for future runs i guess and we will see then.

Hey i got some thoughts:

I really love the mod. Well lets say parts of it.
There are some really unique SoD items that i would love to see in BG2 (most importantly the enhanced crit chance items, archers eyes, and the teleport spear)

But i would really like to see the mod being seperated optional parts.

There are some additions that i think are quite broken and i would like to be able to say no to those things. (Icewind Dale items should definetly be optional, some are just op and most of them use different gold values wich kind of makes the gold grind obsolete, i remember the katana +3 sells for something around 20k).

You really did a lot with this mod but let me try to break it down:

1) Additional Items from SoD get imported
2) New item Upgrade Paths for these new Items with contents from Sod or BG2
3) New Item Ugpgrade Paths for Old items with contents from Sod or BG2
4) New Item Upgrades for old or new items WITH NEW contents (dragon bloods, elemental souls etc)
       4.1) The whole Dragon Armor path, even adding dragon scales to dragons who did not drop them originally
5) Importing Items from Icewind Dale
6) Inventing new Items? I found a no-save blinding Ioun Stone. just adding a no-save aoe blind might not seem broken to you but it definetly does for some players.
7) Adding new Spells for arcane and divine spellcasters

and i probably missed something, since i only did one playthrough with the mod.

and while i really dont want to be to harsh here, some of these i really like and some of these i really dont like. so it would be great to have the option to decline some of these.

personally, i find the armor upgrades way to overpowered, some of the icewind dale items just give that much of a bonus what makes the game a piece of cake and i really dont like to see spells that are not iin the original game since adding any spell thats useful is making the game a lot easier. spellcasters are already super good in the game, and adding a spell that will not be useful is just not productive as well

so i dont know how much work that would be, but i really am thinking about uninstalling and just getting into modding to get the SoD items into baldurs gate. or try to find an older version where you did not already have that much stuff added.

also i found some bug/weird interaction with the (CDTWeaks) mod "Avatar Morphing Script", which lets you change your avatar looks:
i dont know which mod messed it up but with both installed, your armor upgrades kind of overwrite the script and what used to be called avatar morphing script in the script section now has the name of one of your dragon armors. also the dialogue options get converted into some of the armor upgrades.
i think both somehow got the same directory or idk.

thanks for reading and would like to hear your thoughts!

oh i also forgot something. cant edit my original post for some reason.

in hell there is a black dragon which drops silver dragon scales and blood. dont think its intended since in your location spoilers you said that he would drop black or shadow dragon stuff

On 1/31/2022 at 1:01 AM, Guest eamon said:

Hey i got some thoughts:

I really love the mod. Well lets say parts of it.
There are some really unique SoD items that i would love to see in BG2 (most importantly the enhanced crit chance items, archers eyes, and the teleport spear)

But i would really like to see the mod being seperated optional parts.

There are some additions that i think are quite broken and i would like to be able to say no to those things. (Icewind Dale items should definetly be optional, some are just op and most of them use different gold values wich kind of makes the gold grind obsolete, i remember the katana +3 sells for something around 20k).

You really did a lot with this mod but let me try to break it down:

1) Additional Items from SoD get imported
2) New item Upgrade Paths for these new Items with contents from Sod or BG2
3) New Item Ugpgrade Paths for Old items with contents from Sod or BG2
4) New Item Upgrades for old or new items WITH NEW contents (dragon bloods, elemental souls etc)
       4.1) The whole Dragon Armor path, even adding dragon scales to dragons who did not drop them originally
5) Importing Items from Icewind Dale
6) Inventing new Items? I found a no-save blinding Ioun Stone. just adding a no-save aoe blind might not seem broken to you but it definetly does for some players.
7) Adding new Spells for arcane and divine spellcasters

and i probably missed something, since i only did one playthrough with the mod.

and while i really dont want to be to harsh here, some of these i really like and some of these i really dont like. so it would be great to have the option to decline some of these.

personally, i find the armor upgrades way to overpowered, some of the icewind dale items just give that much of a bonus what makes the game a piece of cake and i really dont like to see spells that are not iin the original game since adding any spell thats useful is making the game a lot easier. spellcasters are already super good in the game, and adding a spell that will not be useful is just not productive as well

so i dont know how much work that would be, but i really am thinking about uninstalling and just getting into modding to get the SoD items into baldurs gate. or try to find an older version where you did not already have that much stuff added.

also i found some bug/weird interaction with the (CDTWeaks) mod "Avatar Morphing Script", which lets you change your avatar looks:
i dont know which mod messed it up but with both installed, your armor upgrades kind of overwrite the script and what used to be called avatar morphing script in the script section now has the name of one of your dragon armors. also the dialogue options get converted into some of the armor upgrades.
i think both somehow got the same directory or idk.

thanks for reading and would like to hear your thoughts!

Interesting that you are having issues with the Avatar Morphing script.  I relied on it a lot when making the mod to test appearances of the new items I created.  Never ran into the issue you mention.  Usually that type of thing happens when the dialogue file gets messed up.  I'm not saying it couldn't be my mod, but I would wager its another mod that's the source of the issue.

As far as OP items go, I specifically set out to *not* create those, and thus far, you are the only person to comment that anything was OP.  I'd like to hear exactly what about these items/effects is OP in your opinion.

Lastly, not everyone likes everything, there are plenty of mods I don't care for out there too :)

On 1/31/2022 at 1:11 AM, Guest eamon said:

oh i also forgot something. cant edit my original post for some reason.

in hell there is a black dragon which drops silver dragon scales and blood. dont think its intended since in your location spoilers you said that he would drop black or shadow dragon stuff

Thanks for this, I will check to see why that might be happening.  Definitely shouldn't be silver scales/blood from that one.

On 2/3/2022 at 8:04 PM, Fishmalk said:

I am having an issue with the existing importable SoD items not being added with the force import component. No Helm of Dumathion on Tarnor, no Dragon's Blade for Tazok (but he does have the ring of dwarven bone), ect. This is occurring on a new game with no other mods installed.

WeiDU.log 486 B · 1 download

I've had other reports of this from folks, but I cant reliably re-create it.  Did you import a character or a saved game from SoD when you started your new game?  For what it's worth, all this component does is set the flag for each item to "true" - the rest relies on the already existing code from Beamdog to place the items.

After a long and much needed break from working on this mod, I am planning to do another update to fix a few things that bug me about it (no major changes planned).  The way BD went about importing items from SoD has never been very reliable at all, in my experience with it, and from reports from others.  I think I will re-do this component altogether to not rely on the BD code at all and just place the items.  I just have to be careful how I go about it so I don't end up spawning duplicates, which is why I did it the way I did in the first place.

I am also contemplating trying my hand at making some custom avatars for half elves, if I can figure out how to actually add the new animations to the game.  It's always bugged me that elves and half elves share the same avatar animation.