Bugs, issues, or suggestions?

I've looked at this before, and was not able to find anything in my mod that's causing the problem.  I believe the issue may be with Yoshimo's remorse in and of itself.  The reason I say that:

The error presented is when a script in Yoshimo's Remorse is being compiled, specifically: YYCut2a.baf, which isn't part of my mod at all.  The error being reported is a syntax error within that file when WeiDu is attempting to compile it.

On 6/1/2022 at 9:52 AM, Mordekaie said:

Still working on my EET install and giving a new try with your mod. The first component is not installed (probably a conflict with an another mod) :

[override/YYCut2a.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 12 column 1-21
Near Text: %YOSHIMO_RACE_WRAITH%
    syntax error
[override/YYCut2a.baf]  ERROR at line 12 column 1-21
Near Text: %YOSHIMO_RACE_WRAITH%
    Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [override/YYCut2a.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: error compiling [override/YYCut2a.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: compiling [override/YYCut2a.baf]!
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR Installing [SoD to BG2:EE Item upgrade by Daeros_Trollkiller], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 1011 files for [sod2bg2_iu\sod2bg2_iu.tp2] component 0.
Uninstalled    1011 files for [sod2bg2_iu\sod2bg2_iu.tp2] component 0.
ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error
Please make a backup of the file: Setup-sod2bg2_iu.debug and look for support at: https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/forum/214-sod-to-bg2ee-item-upgrade/
Automatically Skipping [SoD to BG2:EE Item upgrade by Daeros_Trollkiller] because of error.
Using Language [English]
[.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 566014 string entries
NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS SoD to BG2:EE Item upgrade by Daeros_Trollkiller

Any idea ?

ProjectInfinity-WeiDU-Error-sod2bg2_iu-0.log 18.49 kB · 3 downloads Setup-sod2bg2_iu.7z 33.94 kB · 2 downloads

Hello!

We've done some digging on this, and thanks to the wizard, CamDawg, we were able to provide a solution in the latest version of Yoshimo's Remorse (v3.0.1). Theoretically, the install should be successful. I've installed and did a quick test with Yoshimo's Remorse on my end, and it seems to be fine. However, I don't have the same mod setup, so there may be some unforeseen conflicts... or there may not be. 

I get the following error when I try to install this mod:

Spoiler
ERROR: [tooltip.2da] -> [override/tooltip.2da] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Failed to find enough lines to perform an INSERT_2DA_ROW"))

ERROR Installing [SoD to BG2:EE Item upgrade by Daeros_Trollkiller], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 1829 files for [sod2bg2_iu/sod2bg2_iu.tp2] component 0.
Uninstalled    1829 files for [sod2bg2_iu/sod2bg2_iu.tp2] component 0.
ERROR: Failure("Failed to find enough lines to perform an INSERT_2DA_ROW")
Please make a backup of the file: logs/sod2bg2_iu.debug and look for support at: https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/forum/214-sod-to-bg2ee-item-upgrade/

The debug log is attached. Below is my list of mods and install order, in case I've made a mistake with a known conflict or wrong install order:

Spoiler

BGEE:

1. DLC Merger
  2. BG1 UB
  3. Drizzt Saga (Option 1, Delayed Start, do not install; Raise XP cap)

BGIIEE:

1. EET
  2. Dragonspear UI++
  3. Portrait Gender Separator
  4. HQ Sounds
  5. UB
  6. Ascension
  7. BGQE
  8. SotSC
  9. DSotSC
  10. NTotSC
  11. G3 Anniversary
  12. Alternatives
  13. SOS
  14. Check the Bodies
  15. Wheels of Prophecy
  16. BG1NPC
  17. BG1NPC Music
  18. Neera Banters
  19. Neera Extended
  20. NPC Friendships
  21. Banter Packs
  22. IEP Extended Banters
  23. Thalantyr Item Upgrade
  24. Item Upgrade
  25. SoD2BG2
  26. Item Revisions (do not install; Dual Wielding, Backstab)
  27. Spell Revisions
  28. 3.5 Con Bonus
  29. 3.5 thac0
  30. 3.5 Weapon Styles
  31. Pathfinder HD
  32. Tweaks Anthology
  33. EET Tweaks (remove XP caps, 50% xp)
  34. Worldmap
  35. EET_end
  36. SCS
  37. aTweaks (do not install; Fiend components, XP locks traps spells)

I am on macOS Monterrey and using MWL.

Cheers.

sod2bg2_iu.debug

Edited by Notso

I've come across a particular issue with the helm placement relative to the elven paperdoll, where the helmet is not on the right position relative to the head. I don't seem to get this with humans, or helmets from the standard game. I'm running an EET game with this mod as the first install after EET, in order to avoid the 'Failed to find enough lines' problem.

Helm3.jpg

WeiDU.log

Edited by Belegur
WeiDU log included
Guest Mikey205

Can you please make this modular? I would appreciate the option to transfer over SOD items + upgrades without the other components. This is literally the title of the mod, so other elements should be optional addons or separate mods.

ERROR: [tooltip.2da] -> [override/tooltip.2da] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Failed to find enough lines to perform an INSERT_2DA_ROW"))

I see numerous people get this issue. The solution for users is to remove tooltip.2da from the override folder and go install the mod. After SoD to BG2EE Item Upgrade successfully installed. Go to your newly created tooltip.2da inside override folder and compare the contents with the tooltip.2da that you removed prior to SoD to BG2EE Item Upgrade installation. Merge both files so the missing content from your removed tooltip.2da gets copied into newly created tooltip.2da.

https://www.diffchecker.com/text-compare/

This website will help you compare both text for differences and similarities and will help you know what content to copy and paste from the pre-installation of SoD to BG2EE Item Upgrade tooltip.2da

Edited by zelazko
Guest Just A Random Soul

The code that handles tooltip.2da is not quite correct.

It assumes  that existing tooltip.2da has the same number of columns as the one included in mod(4 columns), so if there are more than 4 columns(they might be added by another mod, in my case it was Saradas mod, that added one more column using GW_ADJUST_TOOLTIP) then stuff breaks because of incorrect row counting.

On 3/11/2023 at 12:13 PM, Guest Mikey205 said:

Can you please make this modular? I would appreciate the option to transfer over SOD items + upgrades without the other components. This is literally the title of the mod, so other elements should be optional addons or separate mods.

agreed, some modularity would be much appreciated

On 4/29/2023 at 5:36 PM, Graion Dilach said:

Yeah, this was something I already seen, fixed locally and was sitting on for a while.

My interests shifted in the recent weeks, so I just PRed a solution. https://github.com/Gibberlings3/SoD-to-BG2EE-Item-Upgrade/pull/24

And said solution has now been merged, and drafted into a 2.0.6, which I've just uploaded.  Thank you very much for your help!

Sadly, I just don't have the bandwidth to work on this mod these days.  I welcome collaboration from other modders such as yourself.