Jump to content
Daeros_Trollkiller

Bugs, issues, or suggestions?

Recommended Posts

Guest Ear-bleach

Hi. Not sure if just feels like it to me, but the Jester's Bracers' jokes seem to be coming faster and faster as time goes on and in some cases they seem to replace selection and action replies. I don't remember this happening in SoD so I'm guessing its a bug?

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/4/2020 at 7:42 PM, Guest Noober said:

This sounds like a great mod thx!  But What's the installation order? 

 Can I Just install it  on top of my other  mods and use it in my current playthrough ?

You should be able to install it regardless of installation order, provided you are using other mods that install using WeiDu.  Things get sketchy when you install mods that just copy files into the override folder.  If you are using simple mods like that, those generally need to be installed first.

For the mod to work properly, you will need to start a new game, otherwise things wont be where they should be, especially the forced-imported items component.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Guest Ear-bleach said:

Hi. Not sure if just feels like it to me, but the Jester's Bracers' jokes seem to be coming faster and faster as time goes on and in some cases they seem to replace selection and action replies. I don't remember this happening in SoD so I'm guessing its a bug?

Can you give me an example of a couple of the selection and action replies it is replacing?  If it's what I think it is, it should be a simple fix for the next update.

 

In my testing, I haven't noticed them speeding up as time goes on, but if my suspicion is correct of the above, it could be a possible cause, and the fix for one should fix both.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Ear-bleach
11 hours ago, Daeros_Trollkiller said:

Can you give me an example of a couple of the selection and action replies it is replacing?  If it's what I think it is, it should be a simple fix for the next update.

 

In my testing, I haven't noticed them speeding up as time goes on, but if my suspicion is correct of the above, it could be a possible cause, and the fix for one should fix both.

I'm not sure if its exactly replacing anything, but it (the joke line) happens when I either choose an NPC with the bracers or command it to move or do something. It also cuts the previous joke if it wasn't completed yet. Oh, and I'm not sure if this has anything to do with this, but I'm only getting female voice lines regardless of who is wearing them.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Ear-bleach

Another thing I noticed yesterday is that the force import all component isn't importing the original importable items. I'm not getting even ones that I did actually have in my inventory. Tangled Strings or Biter for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Guest Ear-bleach said:

Another thing I noticed yesterday is that the force import all component isn't importing the original importable items. I'm not getting even ones that I did actually have in my inventory. Tangled Strings or Biter for example.

Did you start a new game after installing the mod?   It will not place them into a pre-existing playthrough.  It sounds like you are using an existing save.  That being said, it shouldn't have removed anything from your inventory in an existing playthrough.

The only thing this component of the mod does is set the existing variable for having the item from an SoD imported save to "true", so that they will be in the same place they normally would.

Edited by Daeros_Trollkiller

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Guest Ear-bleach said:

I'm not sure if its exactly replacing anything, but it (the joke line) happens when I either choose an NPC with the bracers or command it to move or do something. It also cuts the previous joke if it wasn't completed yet. Oh, and I'm not sure if this has anything to do with this, but I'm only getting female voice lines regardless of who is wearing them.

Thank you for the details.  That's just how the jokes component of the bracers work, and they only recorded female voices for them.  They work the same in SoD.

It's a "while equipped" effect, so if you remove it from a character it will stop it almost immediately, and similarly, can start as soon as you equip it on another character.

Edited by Daeros_Trollkiller

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Ear-bleach
24 minutes ago, Daeros_Trollkiller said:

Did you start a new game after installing the mod?   It will not place them into a pre-existing playthrough.  It sounds like you are using an existing save.  That being said, it shouldn't have removed anything from your inventory in an existing playthrough.

The only thing this component of the mod does is set the existing variable for having the item from an SoD imported save to "true", so that they will be in the same place they normally would.

It's a new game. That's why I brought this up. I made sure all the necessary items were in the character's inventory too when I imported.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Ear-bleach

Actually, could it be a problem with the game version? I didn't get Varscona either from the genie in Chateau irenicus.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Guest Ear-bleach said:

It's a new game. That's why I brought this up. I made sure all the necessary items were in the character's inventory too when I imported.

If I am understanding correctly, were you expecting that the items you had in your character's inventory to be in your inventory when you started the new game?  If so, that's not how this mod works.   I will try to explain:

The force-importable items component of this mod will force the normally import-able SoD items to be present in their normal locations in BG2, regardless of whether you have them in your inventory in your SoD save, it does not place them into your inventory.  For example, the tangled strings is in the bridge district shop, and the biter +2 is in Jaye's shop at night in Waukeen's Promenade.

 

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, Guest Ear-bleach said:

Actually, could it be a problem with the game version? I didn't get Varscona either from the genie in Chateau irenicus.

My mod doesn't touch the BG1 importables.  Is your BG2:EE at version 2.5?

The weapon you get Irenicus' dungeon is drawn from a list, based on what you had in your imported save.   It defaults to Varscona if you didn't have any of them.  I'll see if I can pull the list from the area script.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Ear-bleach

I mean I've checked Jaye, the Bridge District shop, Tarnor, Edwin etc. Nothing. And the version is 2.5.

I also, made sure that Varscona should be the only original importable weapon that could be brought over, but I'm pretty sure that's a bug of the core game as the Cambion had a +1 Bastard Sword and the genie gave me Sarevok's sword.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Guest Ear-bleach said:

I mean I've checked Jaye, the Bridge District shop, Tarnor, Edwin etc. Nothing. And the version is 2.5.

I also, made sure that Varscona should be the only original importable weapon that could be brought over, but I'm pretty sure that's a bug of the core game as the Cambion had a +1 Bastard Sword and the genie gave me Sarevok's sword.

That being the case, you may want to do a clean re-install of the game and my mod.  I just did so to test, and everything is where it should be.

The genie always gives you Sarevok's sword.  Varscona, if it was chosen as your imported weapon from BG1, would be on the table near the sewer golem.

Edited by Daeros_Trollkiller

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Ear-bleach
14 minutes ago, Daeros_Trollkiller said:

That being the case, you may want to do a clean re-install of the game and my mod.  I just did so to test, and everything is where it should be.

Good to know. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post

Can anyone confirm if this mod works with EET? I'm interested to include it to my modlist for EET run.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...