Jump to content

Bugs, issues, or suggestions?


Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, Endarire said:

@Daeros_Trollkiller
How compatible is this mod with other mods that add spells, especially Spell Revisions?

I created this mod from the beginning with compatibility in mind, and all of the new files use my registered prefix.  For any existing content my mod changes, it works by copying the existing file and modifying it instead of replacing the file(s).   

Link to post

I'm looking forward to the next update.  Are you looking to make any changes to how the mod is structured to give it built in EET compatibility, or are you leaving things as they currently are?

Link to post
8 hours ago, Caedwyr said:

I'm looking forward to the next update.  Are you looking to make any changes to how the mod is structured to give it built in EET compatibility, or are you leaving things as they currently are?

From the feedback I have received, my mod is already compatible with EET.  Some folks have reported an issue where they run into an error when my mod tries to update the tooltip 2da, others report no issues at all.  It's been awhile since I have checked into EET, and I admittedly have not tried it out myself.  

From the feedback I have received, the best thing to do is install this mod into BG2EE prior to installing EET.

 

Have you tried using my mod with EET?  If so, what issues, if any, did you run into?

Link to post

Okay,  so it sounds like it will stay as an "install order" form of compatibility and it will remain on the player to install the mod early in the install stack.  Thanks for the update.  I'm trying to plan out an install and I wanted to know if it was going to become more like other item mods which can generally be installed at any point in the order unless you wanted to directly modify the items by another mod, or if it was going to stay as before.

I'll hold off my next install attempt until the new version comes out since I'll need to install it near the start.

Link to post
On 7/10/2020 at 2:12 PM, Caedwyr said:

Okay,  so it sounds like it will stay as an "install order" form of compatibility and it will remain on the player to install the mod early in the install stack.  Thanks for the update.  I'm trying to plan out an install and I wanted to know if it was going to become more like other item mods which can generally be installed at any point in the order unless you wanted to directly modify the items by another mod, or if it was going to stay as before.

I'll hold off my next install attempt until the new version comes out since I'll need to install it near the start.

You won't have to wait long, I just put up 1.2.0 late last night :)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not opposed at all to making adjustments to the mod to make it more compatible with EET.  I am all for anything that makes it easier on the player to install and use my mod.   I just don't have any experience with EET or any nuances to mods that it brings.   I would welcome collaboration and advice from modders who have experience with EET for what changes I should make to help make it more compatible. 

For my next update to the mod, I was considering re-arranging the TP2 such that SoD itm's and their associated files aren't copied into an EET install, since they are already there.  But that in and of itself asks another question:  Can EET be installed without SoD?  If so, then if I leave that component out, the rest of the mod wouldn't work either.

What it boils down to, at least in my mind, is that I need to get some EET experience under my belt to better understand it.  Is there an "official" or "recommended" installation method for EET itself that you could point me to?

Link to post

Yeah, I'm not sure if the extra work is really worthwhile to make it able to be installed in any order.  It would be more of a headache saver for you if you did it to avoid complaints that "UR MOD R BROKEN!!!!!" because people installed it in the wrong order.  What you have works fine for me.

I'm also trying to wrap my head around what is needed for EET compatibility.  There's a number of mods I'd love to use, but which no longer work as they used to especially with EET.  I know @jastey and @Gwendolyne both have a fair bit of experience getting things to work in EET.  I know there's some documentation in the EET forums about how to make things work/convert to EET support, but my Weidu coding is so rusty that it is mostly gibberish to me.

Link to post
1 hour ago, Caedwyr said:

Yeah, I'm not sure if the extra work is really worthwhile to make it able to be installed in any order.  It would be more of a headache saver for you if you did it to avoid complaints that "UR MOD R BROKEN!!!!!" because people installed it in the wrong order.  What you have works fine for me.

I'm also trying to wrap my head around what is needed for EET compatibility.  There's a number of mods I'd love to use, but which no longer work as they used to especially with EET.  I know @jastey and @Gwendolyne both have a fair bit of experience getting things to work in EET.  I know there's some documentation in the EET forums about how to make things work/convert to EET support, but my Weidu coding is so rusty that it is mostly gibberish to me.

Glad to hear the mod is working for you, and also glad to hear I'm not the only one having a hard time with EET :)

The only real issue that folks have reported to me regarding EET compatibility is when my mod attempts to update the tooltip.2da.  Weidu reports an error that there isn't enough space, or something to that effect.  I've never seen the error myself in any of my testing, so I don't know what, if anything, would need to be done to fix it.

I am going to get into some EET testing soon (hopefully).  I have another mod I am working on to get up to speed for a v.1 release, after that I am going to dvelve into EET.

I've spent 13 months working on my mods so far, and I am really itching to actually do a playthrough with them myself, lol.

Link to post
5 hours ago, Daeros_Trollkiller said:

The only real issue that folks have reported to me regarding EET compatibility is when my mod attempts to update the tooltip.2da.  Weidu reports an error that there isn't enough space, or something to that effect.  I've never seen the error myself in any of my testing, so I don't know what, if anything, would need to be done to fix it.

If you have EET compatibility questions I am willing to share my knowledge, but it is restricted to NPC/Quest mods. The problem quoted I have no idea how to solve or what the problem is, either.

 

Link to post
15 hours ago, jastey said:

If you have EET compatibility questions I am willing to share my knowledge, but it is restricted to NPC/Quest mods. The problem quoted I have no idea how to solve or what the problem is, either.

 

Thank you Jastey!  When I get around to testing this mod with EET and making the changes, I will hit you up.  Even generalized EET compatibility info would be useful since I have zero experience with it at this point.

Link to post
Guest Bishop
On 2/7/2020 at 6:51 PM, Daeros_Trollkiller said:

Hello all, I am looking for feedback on this mod.  Please let me know if you run into any problems, or have any suggestions to make this mod better.

While I didn't initially create this with EET compatibility in mind (I didn't even know EET existed when I started this), I am especially looking for any feedback from users who try to install and use this mod with EET.

I'm having trouble installing, please assist

ERROR: [tooltip.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Failed to find enough lines to perform an INSERT_2DA_ROW"))

Link to post
Guest Bishop

Please help, having trouble with install, thank you

ERROR: [tooltip.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Failed to find enough lines to perform an INSERT_2DA_ROW"))

Link to post
21 hours ago, Guest Bishop said:

Please help, having trouble with install, thank you

ERROR: [tooltip.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Failed to find enough lines to perform an INSERT_2DA_ROW"))

For the folks that have reported this issue, try installing this mod into a clean BG2EE install, then install EET and your other mods.

Link to post
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...