Bugs, issues, or suggestions?

On 9/24/2020 at 12:00 PM, Daeros_Trollkiller said:

Is this issue related to SoD 2 BG2EE or another mod?

Whoops. I guess it was the wrong spot to post this. My apologies, I'm still new to this.

Guest Thehappyfish

Hello Daeros? I really love your mod but some of the items aren't dropping (like shadow dragon blood). Could you please post a list of the item codes for all of the items you added? I would really appreciate it!

9 hours ago, Guest Thehappyfish said:

Hello Daeros? I really love your mod but some of the items aren't dropping (like shadow dragon blood). Could you please post a list of the item codes for all of the items you added? I would really appreciate it!

Do you mean the file names of the item?  Also, can you let me know some of the other items that haven't dropped for you?

Some items, specifically those in containers and the force-imported SoD items that can be imported normally are done so using a script, which can have issues if something interferes with it completing, but the item you referenced is added directly to the creature's inventory.  The only thing I have seen cause issues with those is if you installed the mod after you already started the game and loaded from a pre-existing save.

By chance did you install this mod after you already started a playthrough and loaded a pre-existing save?

Edited by Daeros_Trollkiller

No I installed the mod immediately after finishing SoD, but before starting BG2EE. When I say item code I mean the ones that let you summon them with the console. For example you can summon in red dragon scales with C:CreateItem("scaler"). Items that were previously in SoD already have item codes available from the first game (such as Cloverleaf or Ring of Purity). But do the new items that you created also have associated codes?

1 hour ago, Guest Daeros said:

No I installed the mod immediately after finishing SoD, but before starting BG2EE. When I say item code I mean the ones that let you summon them with the console. For example you can summon in red dragon scales with C:CreateItem("scaler"). Items that were previously in SoD already have item codes available from the first game (such as Cloverleaf or Ring of Purity). But do the new items that you created also have associated codes?

The code you are referencing is actually the filename of the item, minus the .itm suffix

The way you word it... are you using the EE Trilogy mod?

13 hours ago, Guest Thehappyfish said:

Oh okay. Where can I find the filenames of the items? What folder are they in? Nope I'm not using any mods except for yours.

the names are in the "itm" folder insider the main mod folder.  If you are familiar with using EEKeeper, that makes finding and adding items easy.

I've already made the correction in the mod for the next release.  Thank you for pointing it out!

@Daeros_Trollkiller
OlvynChuru recently released this tool to easily avoid the 50 spells per type (arcane/divine) per spell level.  Since this tool only works for EE games, my request is to use this tool and upload a new version that works with this tool for EE- and EET-specific installs.  (Your mod seemingly only works with EE and EET games, but I mention that for extra clarity.)

Thankee!

15 hours ago, Endarire said:

@Daeros_Trollkiller
OlvynChuru recently released this tool to easily avoid the 50 spells per type (arcane/divine) per spell level.  Since this tool only works for EE games, my request is to use this tool and upload a new version that works with this tool for EE- and EET-specific installs.  (Your mod seemingly only works with EE and EET games, but I mention that for extra clarity.)

Thankee!

I will take a look into it.  

Guest Thehappyfish

Hewo again! I have a suggestion for a future update. What about an upgrade recipe for the Daystar sword so it stays as epic in the late game as it is in the early game. I would also suggest the same for the Helm of Balduran. :)

16 hours ago, Guest Thehappyfish said:

Hewo again! I have a suggestion for a future update. What about an upgrade recipe for the Daystar sword so it stays as epic in the late game as it is in the early game. I would also suggest the same for the Helm of Balduran. :)

I've considered the Helm of Balduran, but quite frankly it's already damned good as it is, and to me, it almost feels blasphemous messing with any of Balduran's items. :)  

One of the big considerations I keep in mind when making any upgrade for an existing item is that I want to try to stay away from making something the end-be-all item of it's type,  and upgrading the helm to any meaningful degree would end up putting it in that category, imo.

For Daystar, your wish was granted a loooong time ago.  Weimer's original Item Upgrade mod has an upgrade for it: https://weidu.org/item.html

Guest Thehappyfish
11 hours ago, Daeros_Trollkiller said:

I've considered the Helm of Balduran, but quite frankly it's already damned good as it is, and to me, it almost feels blasphemous messing with any of Balduran's items. :)  

One of the big considerations I keep in mind when making any upgrade for an existing item is that I want to try to stay away from making something the end-be-all item of it's type,  and upgrading the helm to any meaningful degree would end up putting it in that category, imo.

For Daystar, your wish was granted a loooong time ago.  Weimer's original Item Upgrade mod has an upgrade for it: https://weidu.org/item.html

Yours is the only mod I use. :(