Mod IM10_Simd0 modified…and it doesn’t work…

Prof Errata

Well, I’ve encountered a problem when I’ve modified the IM10_Simding0 mod : having decided that the encounter is now situated in the Slums instead of the Graveyard - Chapter 2 AR0400 by night - and I’ve modified some lines of code. But the encounter isn’t activated ! I think it’s only a little problem, being not accustomed to use the IE programming language. Well I hope that someone will be able to solve it. Thank you by advance.

IM10_Simd0_v1.5.rar

Edited by Prof Errata

@Prof Errata by moving the encounter from the Graveyard to the Slums the variable "Deactivate0801" doesn't make any sense, because it was set as an area variable in AR088, only: Global("Deactivate0801","AR0800",1). You try to detect this variable in AR0400 which doesn't work.

-What was the reason you moved the encounter from the Graveyard to the Slums?

-Why was the encounter coppled to this variable originally?

-When do you want this encounter to happen now?

Dear Jastey, thank you for your response. I give you here my reasons for this modification :

1 - in order to not meet early the terrible Bodhi, of course, and to not speak with this creature - the encounter had to be activated at the Chapter 3 : GlobalLT("chapter","GLOBAL",3), and I think it would be more intesting and logical to put it in the Chapter 2 - . Well, the Slums has seemed me a good place for this encounter, being disreputable, but others could be used

2. Ask to SimDing0, I am not the creator of this mod - GlobalGT("Deactivate0801","AR0800",0) 

3. By night, of course, the vampire are nocturnal hunters

et_area.baf setup-d0im10.tp2

1 hour ago, Prof Errata said:

- the encounter had to be activated at the Chapter 3 : GlobalLT("chapter","GLOBAL",3), a

Seriously, the GlobalLT in that means "the Global needs to be Less Than" 3... meaning that it can't be 3 (or more).

17 hours ago, Prof Errata said:

By night, of course, the vampire are nocturnal hunters

I do not see this restriction in SimDing0's original spawn script?

For now, I would say just delete the offensive variable and see whether the encounter works as intended:

IF
    Global("D0IM10","GLOBAL",0)
    GlobalLT("chapter","GLOBAL",3)
 //   GlobalGT("Deactivate0801","AR0400",0) <- delete this
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("D0IM10","GLOBAL",1)
        CreateCreature("d0im10va",[710.2745],9)
        CreateCreature("d0im10th",[655.2920],3)
        Continue()
END

Did you plan on making this EE compatible?

Well, I think there is something that could help in the finalization of this mod : the mod Zalnoya and the Shadow Thieves - available at SHS - which activate an encounter with a vampire the night in front of the Copper Coronet. I think that a comparison with this mod would be useful in order to obtain a definitive version of this one. So, Jastey, Mike 1072, Gwendolyne, if you read me…Thank you by advance.