Feedback on this mod

Hi, I recently went through another run of BG2ee, and told myself that this mod deserved to be complimented.
Not only has it been successfully inserted into the game, but the improvements have made it possible to restore some importance to items that fascinated me during my first games, and then gradually lost their interest as the importance of the role play diminished in favor of the optimization of the characters. Another important point is that we can use it with Weimer's item upgrade mod without having much trouble choosing what we will improve. In example, the use of the heart of the damned with Vexation (the short sword) is really an interesting alternative to the improved short sword of mask. And the idea of elemental gems inside Watcher's Keep is really amazing too ! 
I really appreciated SoD, and I doubly appreciate the insertion of some of its new items in BG2, since these items already have a story with us in addition to their fictitious history.
It's really a very good mod, thank you for taking the time to do it! I hope that you will continue to improve it, and that other mods related to SoD will be released, even if the opinion of the players is divided as to this DLC.

Edited by Saphael
Guest Zhalimar

Tried the Mod half of it doesn't work. The upgrades are ridiculous. What are these spells doing in a  item mod? It's not even optional.

All in all if the mod did what the title says: "move sod items so BG2" would have been better. Less is sometimes more.

Zhalimar's view is actually something I very much agree with. This mod does a SoD to BG2 spell import as well and it doesn't check for anything during it (like for example EET's imports as part of itself). This mod breaks things often during megamod installs and while I considered sitting down a few times to try proposing fixes on GH, the coding style is so messy and confusing that I just don't want to. I like the concept but the implementation is a hammer.

On 3/13/2022 at 8:16 AM, Graion Dilach said:

Zhalimar's view is actually something I very much agree with. This mod does a SoD to BG2 spell import as well and it doesn't check for anything during it (like for example EET's imports as part of itself). This mod breaks things often during megamod installs and while I considered sitting down a few times to try proposing fixes on GH, the coding style is so messy and confusing that I just don't want to. I like the concept but the implementation is a hammer.

Sorry you don't like the mod, not every mod will be everyone's cup of tea.   How do you mean the spell import doesn't check for anything?   What specifically does it break for megamods?   I can't fix something if I don't know what's broken, and I never claimed to be the best modder, but I do try my best with the knowledge that I have.

This mod is honestly amazing. For those of us who have played for so long, the same old items get boring. Lots of item mods introduce ridiculous OP items. This is a must have mod now in my eyes. Very well done sir

On 3/26/2022 at 6:55 PM, Guest ted said:

This mod is honestly amazing. For those of us who have played for so long, the same old items get boring. Lots of item mods introduce ridiculous OP items. This is a must have mod now in my eyes. Very well done sir

Thank you very much for the compliment!  With all the criticism I've received recently, I was beginning to wonder if I had gone off the rails somewhere along the way 😀.   Your response was what I was going for when I created this mod, something new and fresh.