New soundsets...

Any decent female soundset.  :) In vanilla BG series there is *one* that I'm really comfortable with. The rest are mostly just too caricaturised or plain weird.

A good or neutral aligned female spellcaster and ranger or druid soundsets?

This is my vote, but basically I would like more soundsets in general considering there are only 5 male soundsets and 4 female soundsets with BG 2/TOB and 3 each with BG 1/TotSC.

I'm suprised no-one's taken the IWD2 soundsets and converted them to BG2 (would basically just require renaming of certain files).  There are quite a few of them...

I keep meaning to do that. I've already done a couple for my own use. It's rather dull work, and entails boosting the volume on each individual sound, but if there's broad interest in them, I'll try to get to work on it.

I'm suprised no-one's taken the IWD2 soundsets and converted them to BG2 (would basically just require renaming of certain files).  There are quite a few of them...

I keep meaning to do that. I've already done a couple for my own use. It's rather dull work, and entails boosting the volume on each individual sound, but if there's broad interest in them, I'll try to get to work on it.

Definitely broad interest. And a lot of interest among the guys, too. :)

More is good! Maybe my CHARNAMEs will start having more than one voice. :)

I do remember a site that had the IWD and HoW soundsets converted for BG2, but I lost the link!  It was a portrait and soundset site...

Edit: Found it!  http://havak.db-forge.com/files.php?type=ssbgate

Mmm yes...I, too, converted the HoW sound sets to BG format a couple years ago. They are available at http://www.fileplanet.com/section.aspx?s=40805&p=4&v=0

If you peruse the BG and BG2 Sound Pack sections of FilePlanet, you will find other custom sound sets created by yours truly. :bday: Among them are a chaotic sounding man with a raspy voice, a hardy and humorous German-sounding man, a pompous/arrogant man, a timid/boyish sounding set (similar to Khalid, minus the stuttering), and a vampire sound set.

I have also recorded various sound sets for unreleased mods. If the mods will definitely not be released, then I may release the sound sets separately.

I do remember a site that had the IWD and HoW soundsets converted for BG2, but I lost the link!  It was a portrait and soundset site...

Edit: Found it!  http://havak.db-forge.com/files.php?type=ssbgate

Mmm yes...I, too, converted the HoW sound sets to BG format a couple years ago. They are available at http://www.fileplanet.com/section.aspx?s=40805&p=4&v=0

If you peruse the BG and BG2 Sound Pack sections of FilePlanet, you will find other custom sound sets created by yours truly. :bday: Among them are a chaotic sounding man with a raspy voice, a hardy and humorous German-sounding man, a pompous/arrogant man, a timid/boyish sounding set (similar to Khalid, minus the stuttering), and a vampire sound set.

I have also recorded various sound sets for unreleased mods. If the mods will definitely not be released, then I may release the sound sets separately.

Any chance you could put those someplace that isn't Fileplanet?

Here is one that I wrote up for a charming/cultured mage/thief. I recorded a few lines into .wav files, listened to them and promptly retired from the voice acting industry :bday: Feel free to use them if you like.

File         | Description | Phrase

xxxxxxxa.wav | Battle Cry | Have at thee foul minions of darkness
xxxxxxxb.wav | Becoming Leader | The foremost at the forefront, a very wise choice
xxxxxxxc.wav | Tired | Blood and ashes! I am a mortal not an automaton! Let us rest.
xxxxxxxd.wav | Bored | Why wait here when a game of chance can be had at the tavern yon?
xxxxxxxe.wav | Badly Wounded | Aid me or I am lost
xxxxxxxf.wav | Selected 1 | Yes?
xxxxxxxg.wav | Selected 2 | Present
xxxxxxxh.wav | Selected 3 | Can I be of some service to you?
xxxxxxxi.wav | Action Acknowledgement 1 | I shall carry forth your charge
xxxxxxxj.wav | Action Acknowledgement 2 | Your will shall be carried out forthwith
xxxxxxxk.wav | Action Acknowledgement 3 | Neither lock nor foe shall stand in my way
xxxxxxxl.wav | Being Hit | A lucky strike
xxxxxxxm.wav | Dying | Skill and courage routed by the might of many
xxxxxxxn.wav | In Forest | Wolves, Giant Spiders, Trolls, what a beautiful spot for a vacation
xxxxxxxo.wav | In City | Ah, the city, a sparkling jewel that will eventually find its way into my pocket
xxxxxxxp.wav | In Dugneon | Great reward vs. sudden death, I wouldn't have it any other way
xxxxxxxq.wav | Daytime | We should find a bit of shade to bide away the day.
xxxxxxxr.wav | Nighttime | A time for thieving and other nefarious activities.  Fortunately, I am well equipped for both.
xxxxxxxs.wav | Action Acknowledgement 4 | Blades of fury and spells of flame, not necessarily in that order
xxxxxxxt.wav | Action Acknowledgement 5 | If that is what you wish
xxxxxxxu.wav | Action Acknowledgement 6 | The task will be completed with style and pinnache
xxxxxxxv.wav | Action Acknowledgement 7 | So it shall be
xxxxxxxw.wav | Reaction to Party Members Death | A stout hearted companion has fallen here today
xxxxxxxx.wav | Rare Select 1 | Have you a need that I can fullfill?
xxxxxxxy.wav | Rare Select 2 | What service do you require of me?
xxxxxxxz.wav | Critical Hit Given | A good offense is quite often the best defense
xxxxxxx1.wav | Critical Miss | Tsk! My blademaster would roll in his grave if he witnessed that mistake
xxxxxxx2.wav | Target Immune | Apparently I forgot to sharpen my blade this morning.
xxxxxxx3.wav | Inventory Full | Find another packmule!
xxxxxxx4.wav | Successfully Picked A Pocket | That will not be missed
xxxxxxx5.wav | Successfully Hide In Shadows | They may miss me, but I shall not miss them
xxxxxxx6.wav | Spell Disrupted | Damnation, my spell is lost!
xxxxxxx7.wav | Set a Trap | Let's see them dance around that
xxxxxxx8.wav | Battle Cry 2 | By blade or spell, my enemies will fall.
xxxxxxx9.wav | Battle Cry 3 | Havoc!!!!!!!!!!!
xxxxxxx0.wav | Selected 6 | What would thou have of me?
xxxxxxx_.wav | Action Acknowlegement 8 | I hasten to carry out thy command

Thanks,

cirerrek

What are the real differences between soundsets between games? Or to phrase it slightly differently, what would we need to do to make a WeiDU installer that would let you use these soundsets for any IE variant? Is it just a difference in file naming conventions, or is it actual differences with the wav files themselves (volume, sampling, etc.)?

Archived