Subtledoc's Random Tweaks

42 minutes ago, Guest Obtuse User said:

Do you recommend a specific component for revising pierce shield? My play experience at that level isn't sophisticated enough to make a good choice.

I haven't played to the point of having 8th-level spells in a number of years, myself.  "Just cast Breach" does what most people think and expect SR is already doing.  "Remove Specific Protections" allows you to follow up with something like Acid Storm or Incendiary Cloud, which may damage the mage even if they still have their combat protections and spell protections up.  "Remove Spell Shield" and "Remove Dispelling Screen" are for utility purposes - if you don't particularly love the "mage chess" system, these will help resolve things faster during a fight.  (The MBR component should help in that regard, as well.)

Edited by subtledoctor

Cool, I did something similar with Otiluke, only handled it a bit differently.

One tweak that I never find time to implement but still badly want is to be able to cut through Cromwell's chatter and just get straight to the point, selecting the item to be created directly or through some menu. His rummaging through inventory is mildly annoying in the original, but once you get some item upgrade mods, it's a never-ending click fest...

Updated to version 1.0.

Don't read too much into that version number... it just feels full enough and stable enough to call it that. And the last version was 0.9, so...

Anyway, this fixes an error in the 'Breachier Breach' component, and adds a few new spell tweaks:

• With SR, allow Breach to  remove  Fire Shield, Acid Sheath, and Blade Barrier
  • With SR, make Breach unable to remove Moment of Prescience
  • Add a couple rounds of poison immunity to Slow Poison, just to prevent you being poisoned immediately after curing poison
  • Change Aganazzar's Scorcher into "Melf's Fiery Missiles," which is like Magic Missile but with extra fire damage
  • Make Smashing Wave (from IWDEE/SCS) party-friendly

Cheers.

Guest Bigby's Bitchslap

Hi @subtledoctor

I am installing immediately after Spell Revisions: v4 Beta 18 (Revised V1.3.212) and encountered a problem.

d_5 random tweaks Version 1.0 only displays Breachier Breach and Modify Pierce Shield components in WeiDu.

Checked the old version (0.96) and it displayed all 50 components.

Guest Bigby's Bitchslap

Well this is weird.

Faerie Fire was not added to the druid/shaman spell list at character creation and Sunscorch now has Faerie Fire's spell icon (dvpr116c.bam).

Setting the icon to its original (dvpr114c.bam) was simple using NI and I simply added Faerie Fire to a character's druid list using ADD_SPELL("SPPR100") 

I did install the components "improve Faerie Fire" and "tweak Sunscorch."

I probably borked the install order somewhere but I wanted to bring this to attention anyway as everything else works fine from what I can tell (except for items that give caster level bonus—unrelated to this mod of course—but that's a mystery for another day...)

9 minutes ago, Guest Bigby's Bitchslap said:

Faerie Fire was not added to the druid/shaman spell list at character creation and Sunscorch now has Faerie Fire's spell icon (dvpr116c.bam).

Are you perchance using an older version of Spell Revisions? 4b16 or earlier? Those used to set Sunscorch and its icons etc. manually to SPPR116.  SR v4b17 and later have been using ADD_SPELL so things are more fluid and Sunscorch and Faerie Fire can coexist  better. 

There still could be an error there, probably in SR if anywhere. (The move to using ADD_SPELL was rather disruptive and there were a lot of moving parts to get a handle on as a result.) I haven't seen anything like what you describe in my personal installs... though admittedly I use Faiths & Powers after these mods, so maybe F&P... inadvertently fixes things...?  (Hm, that doesn't sounds likely...)

Guest Bigby's Bitchslap

No, not using an earlier version, I have "Version 4 Beta 18" with V.1.3.200 of Spell Revisions Revised on top of it.

I do however use the Faith and Powers mod with install option 3 (vanilla kits only) but I don't use the multiclass version because it did not allow Shamans to pick spells at the character level up screen (they only received their Shaman-exclusive spells). Once I had uninstalled that multiclass clerics component of F&P, shamans were able to pick spells at the level up screen again.

It's worth mentioning that I am experimenting with EET during all this and install mods manually; not using PI this time around so that is no doubt compounding problems.

Guest Bigby's Bitchslap

Out of curiosity with the Shaman problem I tried the set-up on a fresh install of BG2EE and have reproduced it.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1510 // Include divine spells from Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition: 33.7
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spell Revisions: v4 Beta 18
~D5_RANDOM_TWEAKS/D5_RANDOM_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1151 // Reduce Damage but Improve Blindness in SR's Sunscorch: 1.0
~D5_RANDOM_TWEAKS/D5_RANDOM_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1152 // Improve Faerie Fire: 1.0
~FAITHS_AND_POWERS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2~ #0 #24 // Create a sphere system -> None: no sphere system, just vanilla-style kits: 0.79.21
~FAITHS_AND_POWERS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2~ #0 #31 // Install Cleric kits: 0.79.21
~FAITHS_AND_POWERS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TP2~ #0 #85 // Apply FnP kits to NPCs: 0.79.21
~FAITHS_AND_POWERS_MULTICLASS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS_MULTICLASS.TP2~ #0 #95 // Multiclass Cleric kits (install AFTER all other kit mods!!): 0.79.21
~FAITHS_AND_POWERS_MULTICLASS/FAITHS_AND_POWERS_MULTICLASS.TP2~ #0 #99 // Apply FnP multiclass kits to NPCs: 0.79.21

Maybe if I install the multiclass shaman component as well shamans will get to pick their spells on the level up screen? 

also Faerie Fire and Sunscorch are both present on the Druid spell list and have their respective icons. I am unsure as to why Faerie Fire was borked on my EET install for now.