Subtledoc's Random Tweaks

7 hours ago, Guest Nym said:

if I may, I disagree with one of your tweaks:

Component 1611: Tweak Wondrous Recall

I don't think is completely true what you said. The fact you have no control over would be true in situations you cast a lot of spells, so WR restore randoms spells you casted. But if you cast the same spell 2 times, WR it just restores those 2 spells.

Okay yes, if you cast exactly two spells and then cast Wondrous recall, then it would restore those two spells. But what if you forget, and you cast Champion's Strength before casting Chaotic commands? Then it will renew Champion's Strength instead. If you've cast more than two spells, then Wondrous Recall operates according to very strict rules: it restores higher level ones first, and in alphabetical order. What if you need another casting True Seeing? Guess what, you're out of luck - True Seeing is alphabetically the last 5th level spell, so you can never get it back via Wondrous Recall unless the only spell you have cast at that point is True Seeing.

Given the severe restraints on how Wondrous Recall works, the way to make it more useful is to restore any and all spells of a given level. But, doing that for spells up to 5th level would be crazy powerful. So what would be useful? I figure, get all your low-level spells back. Say you've cast everything getting through a dungeon, and you're completely tapped out... you get a tone of low-level spells back. That gives you a bunch more stuff to do. If nothing else, you can start swinging your mace and wade into melee, with a ton more healing spells left to keep yourself and your allies alive.

At any rate, there's nothing wrong with liking the spell better in its unmodded state. The tweak is optional. ;) But I like it better this way.

Edited by subtledoctor

@subtledoctorThanks for your point of view, I appreciate it. 

I don't know if this is the right topic, but I want to ask. 

Since I appreciate the work you have done with this mod, and that I would like to see it also in my language (Italian) , if I ask your permission, announcing in advance in the beamdog forum ita section , if I work on the translation of the TRA files, you would add them in a future patch at work finished? Thanks for the reply.

Hey Subtle,

Sorry to be an annoyance, I am having an interesting interaction between your Mirror Eyes gaze protection and Drop Equipment from Klatus Tweakpack.

Even while protected the basalisks in Mutamins Garden are causing my characters to drop their equipment.

In an attempt to not reinstall my entire list and restart my run, I would like to attempt to fix this issue.

If I add an immunity to SPWI108 to the drop spell, would that fix the issue as far as you are aware?
~~~~~~~~~~
Edit:
So, I tested it, it seems to work.
Not sure if there will be repercussions to doing it this way, but for now I don't have to restart :)

Edited by Sparhawk87
Tested and seems to stop me dropping my pants.
19 hours ago, Sparhawk87 said:

Hey Subtle,

Sorry to be an annoyance, I am having an interesting interaction between your Mirror Eyes gaze protection and Drop Equipment from Klatus Tweakpack.

Even while protected the basalisks in Mutamins Garden are causing my characters to drop their equipment.

In an attempt to not reinstall my entire list and restart my run, I would like to attempt to fix this issue.

If I add an immunity to SPWI108 to the drop spell, would that fix the issue as far as you are aware?
~~~~~~~~~~
Edit:
So, I tested it, it seems to work.
Not sure if there will be repercussions to doing it this way, but for now I don't have to restart :)

I don't know what that "drop spell" is or what the consequences of applying immunity to SPWI108 would be. Without even looking at this, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Klatu's mod adds the "drop stuff" effect at the beginning of the stack of whatever spell it turning you to stone. Which is annoying, because my mod adds 318 immunity effects to the beginning of that spell and the point of the immunity is that it must be the first effect. I don't know why klatu's would add those effects at the beginning - maybe because you can't drop things once you are already stone? At any rate this seems like an install-order issue: either this component can be installed later, or klatu's component can be installed earlier. There's not much I can do about compatibility on my end, if my mod is installed first.

That is fair enough.
I also assumed the same, which is why I had your mod installed after his one.
I added the protection to his spell as the last effect in mirror eyes and it seems to have worked. My guys get slowed but never turn to stone nor drop their equipment when they have mirror eyes.

The only annoying thing is the "drop equipment" is fired when they are affected by the spell, so they spend the next 2 rounds walking around naked before petrifying.

48 minutes ago, Sparhawk87 said:

My guys get slowed but never turn to stone

Are you using Spell Revisions? I didn’t think Klatu’s added any kind of Slow effect…

Anyway if you use SR the solution is even easier: don’t install that Klatu tweak. Equipment will not be destroyed with SR.