BG1NPC Bugthread

jastey

Guest FireFly

I have posted the logs on the thread I have going. Im on the latest 2.6.6 steam version of BG1EE. Im using the English version of the mod. Thanks for the quick reply ❤️

Guest Guest Sancho

Hi,

I have the same problem as Guest Mindrot and DaveDamage (also have the latest version of the mod). After killing the woodcutters in Dryad Falls, the dryad repeats the same line of text, acting as though they weren't dead, which prevents the quest from continuing.

Can someone please post a global variable that I could activate to make the Dryad know that the woodcutters are dead?

Guest Guest Sancho

About the dryad problem... I know next to nothing about IE coding, but I still loaded up NearInfinity to try to fix my game, and here is what I found out so far.

In Dryad.DLG, the state triggers 9, 12 and 13 (which are triggered when the woodcutters are dead and Xzar is in your party) are prevented from triggering for some reason.

The line that the dryad repeats ("There they are just ahead...") as if the Krumm and Caldo weren't dead, seems to be triggered instead (state triggers 6, 7 and 8). When I delete these last three triggers, the dialog where the dryad thanks the party and Xzar suggests to experiment on her happens as it should.

So maybe the problem has something to do with those state triggers (6, 7 and 8 ) in Dryad.DLG?

Any help would be appreciated. This bug has been lingering for the last few months. Already 3 players have been affected and there will surely be more to come. Let's try and fix this.

Guest Guest Sancho

I managed to fix the problem, I think.

It is linked to the the following state trigger in dryad.DLG 

• Global("bd_see_goons","BG5200",1)

It keeps getting activated even after the "goons" are dead, which means that the dryad still thinks they're alive and the dialog doesn't advance.

I fixed it by adding the following lines to the state trigger :

• !Dead("caldo")
  • !Dead("krumm")

If you're reading this weeks from now, and this hasn't been fixed in the latest version of the mod, and you don't want to edit the DLG file... I guess you can set the variable "bd_see_goons" back to 0 by using the console. This should allow the dryad to thank you for killing the woodcutters.

Hello,

First, let me say that this is an amazing mod. The content is fantastic, diverse, and the writing and encounters integrate very well with the base game. So, thank you to anyone reading this that has contributed to this effort!

I am unsure if this is a bug or not, but I haven't seen any discussion on the topic. I am using v25 of the NPC mod, with BG:EE, although looking at the Github it doesn't seem like any of the related files have been touched recently (from what I can tell).

I was curious what Imoen's Artifact was doing on the rare instances that it casts "Polymorph Other", and saw that it has a 6% chance of this effect instead of the dexterity increase. Is the tome intended to do something on these 6% of uses?

It seems intended to change the appearance of the user to that of a squirrel, although in practice only the spell lighting/sounds go off. From what I can guess as an amateur, the reason the animation doesn't change is because `X#POLY.spl ` has that effect set to an IDS target of "NOTGOOD - 31", which probably invalidates any party member as a valid target under normal conditions. Changing this value alone in my game does at least cause the squirrel animation to take effect.

While I don't want to presume too much of the author's intent, I feel the duration on the spell (1200 -- 4 hours) is rather long for what I'd assume was meant to be a humorous event that lasts only a few rounds. This might be disconcerting because the "actual" Polymorph Other spell is permanent, so players might immediately reload upon seeing this text instead of resting or waiting around (for quite a while) for it to wear off. While this isn't a feedback thread, I humbly suggest that the duration be changed to 12 and the spell name to something like "Temporary Polymorph", that reassures the player that the effect is primarily a joke.

Thank you for your attention!

@BrainlessIron welcome to the forums and thanks for the feedback and kind words!

9 hours ago, BrainlessIron said:

It seems intended to change the appearance of the user to that of a squirrel, although in practice only the spell lighting/sounds go off. From what I can guess as an amateur, the reason the animation doesn't change is because `X#POLY.spl ` has that effect set to an IDS target of "NOTGOOD - 31", which probably invalidates any party member as a valid target under normal conditions. Changing this value alone in my game does at least cause the squirrel animation to take effect.

While I don't want to presume too much of the author's intent, I feel the duration on the spell (1200 -- 4 hours) is rather long for what I'd assume was meant to be a humorous event that lasts only a few rounds. This might be disconcerting because the "actual" Polymorph Other spell is permanent, so players might immediately reload upon seeing this text instead of resting or waiting around (for quite a while) for it to wear off. While this isn't a feedback thread, I humbly suggest that the duration be changed to 12 and the spell name to something like "Temporary Polymorph", that reassures the player that the effect is primarily a joke.

Thanks for pointing out the bug and I think this is a good suggestion. If anyone would like to change the spell accordingly, I'd include it into the mod package.

Hey guys,

Long time no see.

I just saw the recent 27.1 changes for Xzar and the dryad quest.
Going back to my very first post on this thread :

On 3/3/2020 at 5:01 PM, Mahatmah said:

I am unsure about what happens with the journal when triggering Xzar's quest in Dryad falls:
- The dialog triggers correctly after you kill Krumm and Caldo, and Xzar assassinates the dryad, as intended.
- There is no journal update, and Xzar does not mention the need for other ingredients, like the mithral ring, is that intended ?
- The quest initially given to you by the dryad does not conclude, it remains active saying you could not refuse helping her.

And @jastey's kind answer:

On 3/4/2020 at 7:35 AM, jastey said:

journal entry handling in Bg1NPC is not optimal for all quests yet. It's on the todo list. Thanks for reporting!

Has this been adressed in 27.1, is it worth me retesting for yall ?

Cheers,

7 hours ago, Mahatmah said:

Has this been adressed in 27.1, is it worth me retesting for yall ?

@Mahatmah thanks for the offer! I fixed a bug with Xzar in party (hopefully), but I don't think I added some EraseJournalEntry. Nevertheless, if you could quote the journal entry that doesn't get removed, it would make it easier for me to identify and add its removal after the quest is finished. EDIT: I'd give the same answer as @CamDawg: feel free to grab the current master and see whether you notice anything, if you feel like testing.

At a quick glance @jastey I would say this isn't fixed yet.

Text, almost sure from the base game, that does not go away (in French unfortunately) :

En traversant les pics brumeux, j'ai rencontré une dryade. Elle m'a demandé de l'aider à protéger son arbre.

Text from x#xzqu.tra that does not appear (I think) when it should :

@127 / @167 / @174

Hi @jastey, so I had some more time today and I looked this up for you, I confirm this isn't fixed but it is just the log, not the quest progression a I suspected, so no biggy :

The quest line that does not disappear (unintended) from the journal should be entry 74968 in my dialog.tlk

In English, it should read something like (according to the wiki) :

While traveling the Cloud Peaks I met a dryad. She asked that I help protect her tree. How could I refuse such a request?

I also did a little more testing :

- Refusing to help the dryad concludes the quest normally with vanilla quest log (as intended).

- Helping the dryad then refusing to let Xzar kill her (answer @122 in x#xzqu.tra) concludes the quest with appropriate mention of Xzar in the log (as intended).

- Helping the dryad then letting Xzar kill her (answer @123 in 
x#xzqu.tra) will create a concluded journal entry about dryad blood (as intended) :

IF WEIGHT #-1
~Global("X#XzarDryad","GLOBAL",5)~ THEN BEGIN X#DryadDeath
SAY @126
IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("X#XzarDryad","GLOBAL",6) SetGlobal("X#SummonForest","GLOBAL",1) Enemy()
ActionOverride("jaheira",LeaveParty()) ActionOverride("jaheira",Enemy())
ActionOverride("kivan",LeaveParty()) ActionOverride("kivan",Enemy())
ActionOverride("faldorn",LeaveParty()) ActionOverride("faldorn",Enemy())
ActionOverride("minsc",LeaveParty()) ActionOverride("minsc",Enemy())
ActionOverride("khalid",LeaveParty()) ActionOverride("khalid",Enemy())
ActionOverride("ajantis",LeaveParty()) ActionOverride("ajantis",Enemy())
ActionOverride("dynaheir",LeaveParty()) ActionOverride("dynaheir",Enemy()) 
%BGEEXzarEraseJournalEntries%~ SOLVED_JOURNAL @127
EXIT
END

It's just failing to close the vanilla log entry I mentionned above (at least since I'm on BGT ?).

I'm sorry I can't offer a fix myself in Github, I would have otherwise. Hope that does the job.

Cheers,

Edited by Mahatmah
more accurate