Bard kit Gypsy

Ghreyfain

I think the Gypsy's song modifier should start positive but improve pretty fast with no need to modify Charisma or anything. Here's a proposal:

- +3 Save initial Save modifier, improving of 1 for ever three levels of the Bard to a Maximum of -4 (Lvl. 22)

1-3 +3

4-6 +2

7-9 +1

10-12 0

13-15 -1

16-18 -2

19-21 -3

22+ -4

Another proposal is to improve the Gypsy's songs in two steps.

It starts effecting enemies just like a Charm spell, then from level 6 it improves into Dire Charm spell and from level 11+ improves into Domination

What do you think ? :)

That'd be a little powerful... I was thinking just make it:

level 1: +3 save

level 5: +2

level 10: Becomes Dire Charm

level 15: +1

level 20: 0

level 30: -1

level 40: -2

Sounds pretty good to me although the Charm song is extremely weakened compared to the V1 kit. I think I'd not like to trade it with the kitless bard song... :)

That'd be a little powerful... I was thinking just make it:

level 1: +3 save, level 5: +2. level 10: Becomes Dire Charm

level 15: +1, level 20: 0, level 30: -1, level 40: -2

Sounds pretty good to me although the Charm song is extremely weakened compared to the V1 kit. I think I'd not like to trade it with the kitless bard song... :bday:

This is looking good. I'm not sure that without aVenger's Rougue Rebalencing Kit that the true class bard song works at all, unless Andyr's fixed it.

I think this is a pretty good crack at the V1 rules charm, which would be hard to do in the BG2 engine (I think, although you guys are pretty impressive at getting the game to do what you want). As for over powered, remember that in BG1, the nymph's cloak offers indefinate charms to the wearer. My only problem with this kit is "Gypsy" baggage, which I can ignore if I choose.

This mod is going on my machine next time I rebuild my BG2 stack.

Well...

- I'd need to contact aVENGER and get his go ahead.

- While the HLAs are better than the standard ones, some of them I want to change, so instead of incorporating it directly I'd have to make some additional changes. And HLAs are not something that interests me too much, so it'd be a lot of work and I'm pretty busy. :bday:

- The aPack download contains several other components, not all of which are relevant to this mod.

- People might prefer his versions of the kits (e.g. Blade) to mine so having both mods available gives them more choice.

Anyhow, the main thing we'd want to take from RR is the HLAs which is not a high priority for me. aVENGER has already given me permission for this. It's not something I think I'll get round to soon (I will make the new kits etc first, as well as help Cam and the others on CR and a few other mods) but if one of the other team members wanted to go through and incorporate it then that'd be fine. :D

Archived