detecting Stoneskin

I was made to understand by... something, I forget... that Stoneskins apply stat 88 to the affected person.  I would like to detect whether any skins are left, in order to make other aspects of the spell last as long as you have skins.  But when I casts Stoneskin and save the game, when I look at the creature in NI I don't see anything about stat 88.  There is an opcode 218 effect... is stat 88 implied?  My extra effects don't expire when you run out of skins, so I don't think it is. 

What about the other Stoneskin effect?  Could that be used for this?  Doesn't it have some kind of detectable aspect?

Huh. I have this:

- Add to spwi408 an effect with opcode 328: target 1, timing 0, duration 3600, param1 = [new_spellstate], special = 1

- Add to spwi408 an effect with opcode 177: target 1, timing 0, duration 3600, res ~d5stskn~

- d5stskn.eff = opcode 232, target 1, condition = hp < 102, res ~d5Nstskn~

- d5Nstskn.spl has:

...opcode 318, target 1, condition = stat 88 >= 1, res ~d5Nstskn~

...opcode 321, target 1, timing 1, res ~spwi408~

The idea is, when you run out of stoneskins stat 88 should drop to 0, and spwi408 should be canceled, and you should no longer have the new_spellstate. 

I have this sort of thing working perfectly with invisibility spells. But with the above setup the new_spellstate remains after all the skins are gone. (I know there should be a delay of a few seconds, but I tested to ~45 seconds out.)

Worth saying: the specific goal is to make a new “Improved Stoneskin” spell, which is stoneskin but which adds Protection from Missiles and blocks elemental/magic damage from melee weapons. I’ve got it working, just need to make sure those effects go away when you have no skins left. 

Edited by subtledoctor